Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

The case of Edgar Vandy

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

The case of Edgar Vandy Empty The case of Edgar Vandy

Post by Candlelight.kk Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 23:16

I have just been reading here arrow https://psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk/articles/rudi-schneider-investigated-eugene-osty (in the Psi Encyclopaedia) this interesting story - about a young man who died in what turned out to be questionable circumstances.  It's an article that was first published in Survivaltop40.com (a site which details 'the top cases demonstrating the continued existence of the human personality after the demise of the physical body'.
    'Interesting' because subsequent to his passing no less than five separate mediums, on separate occasions and times of sitting, independently brought through various [matching] evidential messages apparently from the deceased, detailing the circumstances of his demise.  The mediums were Frances Campbell, Gladys Leonard, Mrs Mason, Miss Naomi Bacon, and Mrs Bertha Harris.

Reading the above link is the first I have heard of this story, but a report was apparently published in the Journal of the Society for Psychical Research: The Case of Edgar Vandy. A report on a series of sittings with mediums. Edited by K. Gay (currently unavailable, but I will certainly be keeping an eye out in the event that something crops up somewhere.)

Further related links:
    •  Death and Personal Survival: The Evidence for Life After Death
    •  The Vandy Case and Profs Oldfield and Miller by Montague Keen
    •  Writings on Survival: The Edgar Vandy Case

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 10:20