Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

+2
mac
Candlelight.kk
6 posters

Clairvoyant Tim Abbot - Benefits Cheat

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Clairvoyant Tim Abbot - Benefits Cheat Empty Clairvoyant Tim Abbot - Benefits Cheat

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 7:49

(originally posted on 08 Jun 2014)

'Clairvoyant and wife in £80k benefit fraud after filmed by secret investigators'
    June 7, 2014

A clairvoyant and his wife fraudulently received tens of thousands of pounds in benefits payments after claiming they could barely walk - but two separate secretly filmed videos   reveal Tim Abbot working out a vigorous routine in the gym - and his wife on a shopping trip walking and bending with ease.

A STAFFORDSHIRE clairvoyant and his wife who falsely claimed £230,000 in disability benefits were caught after investigators filmed them exercising in a gym and out shopping.

Timothy Abbott, 53, and his wife Janette, 46, conned the taxpayer out of thousands of pounds in disability, council tax and housing benefits after claiming they could barely walk.

Abbott, who claimed £35,496 in incapacity benefit and £22,848 in disability living allowance, was caught when investigators filmed him exercising in a gym.

In the video, taken by undercover fraud investigators working for the Department of Work and Pensions in 2012, Abbott, in a black vest top, can be seen working up a sweat and moving freely.

He was also filmed using heaving dumbbells, an exercise bike, a rowing machine and running on a treadmill.

Abbott, of Stafford, who ran spiritual residential courses, also admitted conning the tax man out of £10,000 by failing to pay income tax or national insurance contributions.

His company, Tim Abbott DSNU, advertises himself as an "international spiritualist clairvoyant medium and tutor."

Abott pleaded guilty to two counts of failing to notify the DWP of a change in circumstances and two counts of making a fraudulent non-payment of income tax when he appeared at Stafford Crown Court.

His wife, also of Stafford, pleaded guilty to three counts of failing to notify the DWP of a change in circumstances, one count of making a false statement and one of falsely obtaining benefits by deception.

The court heard she falsely claimed £19,477 in disability allowance and £713 in incapacity benefit along with £1,000 in council tax benefit.

She has also admitted falsely claiming thousands of pounds in income support.

She was filmed by investigators on December 7, 2012 bending down and carrying a heavy shoulder bag while on a shopping trip.

The couple, who live in a modern £200,000 detached house in Stafford, were granted unconditional bailed and ordered to return to court on August 1 for sentencing.

Recorder Christopher Bright warned them: "If you do not appear on that date you may be committing an offence."

A DWP spokesman said: "Benefit fraud is a crime and we are dedicated to catching those who commit it.

"Only a small minority of benefit claimants are dishonest, but cases like this cost the taxpayer money that should be used to help those in need.

"We are determined to find those who we suspect are cheating the system by following up on tip-offs, undertaking surveillance and working with local councils."
    Source:  [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

The story is also captured here:  [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    Clairvoyant and his wife who stole £80,000 in benefits said he was so disabled he could barely walk... but was filmed in the GYM

here:  [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    Clairvoyant and wife in £80k benefit fraud after filmed by secret investigators

here:  [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    Clairvoyant rumbled as benefit cheat after investigators film him working out at gym

and here:  [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    Another day another psychic caught committing fraud - Timothy Abbott and Janette Abbott from Stafford

Shame on you, Tim Abbot - on both counts.  angry cat
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Clairvoyant Tim Abbot - Benefits Cheat Empty Re: Clairvoyant Tim Abbot - Benefits Cheat

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 7:50

An interview with said medium Tim Abbot from October 2011, where he states:

"I work the length and breadth of Britain. I proudly work on behalf of the SAGB and the SNU. I hold an SNU diploma for demonstrating and I’m one of four recognized trance mediums at the Arthur Finley College.

I work in Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, Norway, and Iceland and throughout Europe. In a few weeks, I’m off to Canada. I demonstrate in Theatres across the country each year, which I love but I’m better known for my teaching at the Arthur Finley College, where students come from all over the world."

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    mac
    mac

Clairvoyant Tim Abbot - Benefits Cheat Empty Re: Clairvoyant Tim Abbot - Benefits Cheat

Post by mac Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 7:52

I guess the role of being a demonstrating medium doesn't preclude also being a cheat - that's a particularly unfortunate combination of attributes.  sadface
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 7:53

Its a pre-requisite of being a medium to be a cheat, it goes hand in hand
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 7:54

Also reported here
    Read the comments too, some quite funny
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 7:55

JonDonnis wrote:Its a pre-requisite of being a medium to be a cheat, it goes hand in hand

So there actually are mediums, then?  I'd got the impression that as you see mediumship as bogus, by inference there could be no such thing as a medium....
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 7:59

mac wrote:
    JonDonnis wrote:Its a pre-requisite of being a medium to be a cheat, it goes hand in hand

So there actually are mediums, then?  I'd got the impression that as you see mediumship as bogus, by inference there could be no such thing as a medium....

Depends how you define a medium.

Are there magicians? Yes, but does real magic exist? No.

I define a medium as someone who pretends to communicate with the dead, someone who performs an act.

Since no medium in history has ever proven any real ability, it is fair to assume that such abilities do not exist.

So yes mediums do exist who perform the act of mediumship, much like magicians who perform the act of magic!

Do you understand now?
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:00

JonDonnis wrote:
    mac wrote:

Depends how you define a medium.

Are there magicians? Yes, but does real magic exist? No.

I define a medium as someone who pretends to communicate with the dead, someone who performs an act.

Since no medium in history has ever proven any real ability, it is fair to assume that such abilities do not exist.

So yes mediums do exist who perform the act of mediumship, much like magicians who perform the act of magic!

Do you understand now?

Oh no!  Magic isn't real?   eek   I take your point though.  You need a different word for someone who does communicate with (to use your words) "the dead".
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:27

There is a word, necromancer would be the term to use I believe.

And glad you take my point, we getting there slowly with you!
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:29

JonDonnis wrote:There is a word, necromancer would be the term to use I believe.

And glad you take my point, we getting there slowly with you!

Better slowly than not at all, Jon....  

At least you've now accepted - I think? - that there are some who speak to "the dead".  Getting there slowly with you too!
      cheers
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:30

There ARE people who talk to the dead! Never denied that.
    I know a few people who talk to the dead.
    Seriously. I believe that there exists people who can talk to the dead!
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:33

JonDonnis wrote:There ARE people who talk to the dead! Never denied that.
    I know a few people who talk to the dead.
    Seriously. I believe that there exists people who can talk to the dead!

Which dead would they be?
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:34

Human dead people, actual dead people!
    I know people who call themselves mediums and they DO speak to the dead!

I should just add the dead don't speak back though incase there is any confusion over my position.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:36

JonDonnis wrote:Human dead people, actual dead people!
    I know people who call themselves mediums and they DO speak to the dead!

I should just add the dead don't speak back though incase there is any confusion over my position.

You're a wily one, Jon, but then I didn't think you weren't.

I didn't have any confusion over your position and the few who you'll encounter on these forum pages likely won't be confused  either.... lol
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:37

I hadn't thought anything about Jon for a long time - why would I?

But as I've been chatting recently with him it made me reflect and reach some conclusions that are helpful for me. Jon appears to spend a fair bit of time and effort on his campaign and it appears important to spend some of that time and effort on websites like this - websites whose owners haven't banned him!

We the gullible, naive ones (  lolsign ) have certainty and settled minds about survival, even though we don't have all the answers. "Where ignorance is bliss 'tis folly to be wise." as some guy once said.  Wink

We don't need to prove to anyone that we're right or campaign about fraudulent mediums; they're all fraudulent, Jon says so. No need even to say we think Jon is wrong - he doesn't matter.

Jon feels he needs to join us here on this website to tell us what's wrong with mediumship and the notion of survival etc. I don't know if anyone here feels a need to join him on his website to present their side of things but why would they? What does it matter?

Only when we die will we or Jon know for certain who was right but whatever the outcome only one of us will be able to say "We told you." I find that comforting. very happy
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:38

Neither one of us will be able to say we told you so after we die, because we will both be dead.
    And that is the bit you fail to understand despite every single credible scientist on the planet telling you the same thing.

There is simply nothing unknown about what happens when we die. We understand it all, and that is why religion has no answers, yet science tries to answer every question.

I actually dont spend any time on sites like this, in fact I ONLY post on my own sites these days.
    I came across this site again by accident, and checked to see if my old login worked, it did, and I thought I would make a few posts.

Just wanted to clarify that, and i will just say it again, i do NOT spend any time on sites like this.
    In fact in the last year I think maybe my posts here in the last week are the only posts anywhere on the internet I have made on woo sites.

The difference between me and you is a simple one. You claim to "know" you are right through faith, through feelings, through being convinced by others.

I AM right because all of science says I am. There is no doubt, no anomolies, no credible competing hypothesis for any afterlife.

I don't even need to say "I know" I am right, I just am right. Its a proven scientific fact. Simple as that.

You can try to be witty, you can correct my spelling, you can even try to confuse me, but none of that changes the scientifically proven fact I AM RIGHT. Again not an opinion, I just am right.

You know in over a decade I have never ever not even once ever been proven wrong about a single psychic!

I have never been sued, never been taken to court, I have stood face to face with Derek Acorah a man who I have called a fraud more than any other, he smiled and shook my hand and took a photo with me.

I exposed Sally Morgan as a fraud, she didn't flinch BECAUSE I WAS RIGHT!

100% record, never failed, never been wrong when it comes to psychics.

That is one hell of an impressive stat dont you think.

Whereas I bet every single woo on here at one point or another believed in a psychic and then changed their mind and moved on to another one.

That is the difference between me and you.

I simply don't get into discussions where there is even the tiniest chance I can be wrong. To do so would be a risk. I don't take risks.

You don't need to try to prove you a right, because you cant. Its not possible. It is statistically improbable that you will ever be right about mediumship from a woo standpoint. So that's why I never lose.

Hell even Victor Zammitt has nothing better to do these days than create fake accounts of me all over the net, troll me, and generally be an arse! Oh didn't you lot realise he was behind the MU account and all that nonsense! I figured that one out months ago!

He even once threatened to sue me, still waiting to hear from his lawyer! lol.

Signing off for good this time.
    Jon Donnis - 100% record.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:40

yeah, right, Jon! Who won that one I wonder?  Mr. Green later......
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:41

poor Jon - ambushed, spitting feathers and sweeping out of the website declaring: "I actually dont spend any time on sites like this, in fact I ONLY post on my own sites these days. I came across this site again by accident, and checked to see if my old login worked, it did, and I thought I would make a few posts." Hmmmm, I wonder how that works - he says he posts only on his own websites yet he's clearly been posting on this, a woo website!???  scratch head

Oh, I see, he just came here "by accident"? Shocked   Oh, Jon, you are awful! But I like you!  lol   But this time you've signed off for good with a self-declared 100% record. Not quite 100% the way I calculate things, Jon. But we were having such fun for a time....  eek

Sorry, kk, I didn't expect him to give in so easily and then leave in a huff.  Wink
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:42

mac wrote:poor Jon - ambushed, spitting feathers and sweeping out of the website declaring: "I actually dont spend any time on sites like this, in fact I ONLY post on my own sites these days.  I came across this site again by accident, and checked to see if my old login worked, it did, and I thought I would make a few posts."  Hmmmm, I wonder how that works - he says he posts only on his own websites yet he's clearly been posting on this, a woo website!???    scratch head   

Oh, I see, he just came here "by accident"?  Shocked   Oh, Jon, you are awful!  But I like you!  lol  But this time you've signed off for good with a self-declared 100% record.  Not quite 100% the way I calculate things, Jon.  But we were having such fun for a time.... eek 

Sorry, kk, I didn't expect him to give in so easily and then leave in a huff.   Wink

First off, mac - this is NOT a "woo website" ...   Neutral
    As it says in the heading here:
    "Welcome to our small friendly discussion forum, talking about life and death, Mediumship, Spiritualism - life after death? ..... What happens when we die?.... " Death is nothing at all; I am but waiting for you ... for an interval"
    There are many definitions of that funny little word 'woo' - but I cannot see that any of them equate to the above.   Mr. Green

Second ... Jon has admitted in his parting soliloquy:
    JonDonnis wrote:I simply don't get into discussions where there is even the tiniest chance I can be wrong. To do so would be a risk. I don't take risks.
    In other words ... he knows that further discussion here would entail too much of a risk of him being proved wrong. 
    He has very wisely decided not to take that risk.   Cool  butterfly
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:45

I used the word 'woo' only to mock Jon, kk, rather as I did when I said gullible or naive or whatever adjectives I used. I'm the last person you'd hear using any of his words about me, you or anyone else....

He knew he'd been cornered and backed away from something he perhaps realised I wasn't going to let him win. I've never seen him actually get into discussion - what I've seen is that he just batters listeners into submission and/or a frustration which gives him another opening to repeat his battering.

I was surprised at how he ranted last off, though, but still dropped the usual celebrity names as if he expected we'd be impressed by his nonsense.
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:48

mac wrote:
    Sorry, kk, I didn't expect him to give in so easily and then leave in a huff. Wink

I am a little confused, how have I given in easily?
    I have totally destroyed every point you have made?

Are you claiming a non existent victory?

Feel free to show one moment in history where you personally have ever proven me to be wrong about a psychic or mediumship?
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:50

Candlelight.kk wrote:
    In other words ... he knows that further discussion here would entail too much of a risk of him being proved wrong. 
    He has very wisely decided not to take that risk.   Cool  butterfly

Ok I will take the bait, feel free to prove me wrong.

(ps. I spotted something about a potential spammer, if you need any help technologically with that feel free to ask, had to deal with such stuff on websites for decades so I know how to stop it, how to report it and how to find out how is behind it etc)
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:52

mac wrote:
    He knew he'd been cornered and backed away from something he perhaps realised I wasn't going to let him win. I've never seen him actually get into discussion - what I've seen is that he just batters listeners into submission and/or a frustration which gives him another opening to repeat his battering.

Let me win?
    You really have a big ego, and thats saying something coming from me.

I was surprised at how he ranted last off, though, but still dropped the usual celebrity names as if he expected we'd be impressed by his nonsense.

Please try to prove me wrong in anything I say.
    I am sure everyone on here would love to see you pull me down a peg or two.
    Many have tried all have failed, you could be the first!
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:53

ayup - he's 'ere n'all!

I was right all along - he DID say "I actually dont spend any time on sites like this, in fact I ONLY post on my own sites these days." He wrote it in this very thread! And here's me thinkin' that he meant he ONLY posts on his own sites these days.

I got it wrong yet again when he said he was signing off for good - I thought he meant he was signing off for good because he only posts on his own sites. duh! hmm

Better not let him see this, though, or he might get all uppity like he did the last time when he said he was signing off for good... Oh that's not right as it wasn't the last time cos he's here again.... lol Mr. Green
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:54

I do not post on any sites or forums, other than my own.
    I post on here because it amuses me, same as why I used to post on spirit love.
    I enjoy speaking to people like you Mac, because you remind me why I do what I do, and that I do it because I am right and it is right.

The more you try, the more you fail, and eventually like many others before you, you will see the error in your ways, just a shame we have to go through the whole "Watch me take on the big nasty skeptic, and put him in his place" routine.

Seen it a thousand times before, and I always come out smelling of roses, I infact would quite like for someone to prove me wrong on one thing to do with psychics or mediums, we all get complacent at times, and I can admit I found it so easy that I also get tired. So because I could see a hint of intelligence behind your obvious baiting and goading, I thought I would give you a try, and at the same time give this forum something interesting and even perhaps spark it back into life before it goes down the same path of Spiritlove into oblivion.

Just a shame you dont have John Jackson on here kissing the asses of the middle aged housewives running the forum, that is always fun to watch. I always liked JJ, just a shame his entire website community turned on him! I actually stood up for him you know!
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:57

Ah - so this website isn't a site or a forum otherwise you wouldn't be posting on it? That's cleared things up - I get muddled so easily as I approach my dotage.... facepalm You're right though (quote) ....the more you try you fail and clearly despite trying I failed to understand what you had written, Jon... old age again! obgob

But, Jon, you are right! Course you are and I'd never try to take anything away from you. I've had my moments of success and I know it's time to stop while I'm ahead. sidestep

It's all been fun, though, and gave me a break from my serious work - I enjoyed your coming back to see me. cheers
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 8:58

So is that it then? Yuo just admit defeat and run away now?
    You claimed victory when I said what I wanted to say and then was leaving, and now you run away when I face up to you???

Come on, your little followers on here want to to beat me into submission!
    They want you to run rings around me.
    They want you to prove me oh so wrong about psychics, mediums, ghosties and so on.

Don't tell me cause I came back you are now all scared of the big nasty skeptic, who is rude and horrible to you.

Oh well thought someone would give me some entertainment, but alas it seems just another big mouth woo with a bit of wind in their pants.

At least Rainbows and KK tried, failed miserably but they tried. Hell even Pixie despite being wrong every single time, never gave up, made a fool of herself, but I respect her for keep going, granted she was like talking to a brick wall, her stupidity simply had no comprehension. I can credit her with being the ONLY person in say the last 5 years who has truly and unintentionally wound me up to the point where I had to put down my Jamesons and switch to a Metaxa (7 Star) to calm myself down. Seriously just thinking of her and how unbelievebly stupid she was, still amazes me.

Oh well, if you think of something give me a shout and I will come back and let you play big woo.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 9:00

Wink lol sidestep
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 9:00

sorry - I had to attend to something important.

Seriously though, Jon, I know we've both had a bit of fun, and I am flattered and touched that you came back to keep it going, but I have to spend more time elsewhere now so please don't feel I'm snubbing you.
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 9:02

Oh well, I guess my 100% record is firmly intact as another woo runs away with their tail between their legs.
    Go on get to your crochet club, I am sure you are the big dog there, need to rebuild that ego I understand that.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 9:04

Your 100% record is still something about which I still stand in awe, Jon - magnifique et formidable!

It's actually a lawn-green bowls club rather than 'crochet' (did you mean croquet?) because it's way too competitive for me to be alpha male there! Wink  Mr. Green First though I have to get my training run out of the way....
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 9:05

Lawn Green Bowls! Damn you lead the kind of exciting extreme life I could only dream about.
    I actually thought you were a woman!

Enjoy your run, just be careful not to put out a hip!

You remind me a bit of Trevor Deninnington, or whatever his name was, now he was good fun. Deluded and conned by Colin Fry and so on, but still a good laugh when he tried to match me.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 9:21

Your concern about my fitness is touching, Jon. Folk may get the wrong impression about you at times but underneath you're an out-and-out softie.  cheers
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 9:23

I try to be nice to the elderly whenever I can as they are often the biggest victims of mediumship fraud
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 9:26

JonDonnis wrote:I try to be nice to the elderly whenever I can as they are often the biggest victims of mediumship fraud

As I indicated earlier, you're an out-and-out softie!  Your concern for others' welfare is exemplary... gigle
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 9:28

It really is! Everything I have ever done in this field has been to help people, i wonder if you can honestly say the same?
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 9:40

Headlined in latest edition of Psychic News :

'Sentencing of Mediums Postponed'

A judge at Stafford Crown Court has postponed sentencing in the case of Timothy and Janette Abbott, pending receipt of psychiatric reports.
      huh

The husband-and-wife mediums, both of whom have pleaded guilty to multiple accounts of falsely obtaining benefits, had been due for sentencing on 1st August. A source at the court told PN that no further date had been fixed.

What is going on there?   :?
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 11:16

Watch this space!
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 11:17

Obviously their lawyer is gonna go down the mental health route to try and get them off.
    Its a fair trick since they also claim magical powers and claim they talk to the dead.
    Either they are mentally ill or frauds regardless.

If they get the mental health gimmick, then lets lock them up in an institution!
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 11:18

Ayup Jon's back - yet again!
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 11:21

Tim Abbott is jailed and his wife Jeanette gets suspended sentence.

The Daily Mail reports:

Clairvoyant jailed for his part in £170,000 disability benefits swindle after being filmed working out in GYM

•    Spiritualist Timothy Abbott, 53, jailed for £170,000 disability benefit scam
       •    He was paid almost £70,000 in benefits while claiming he could hardly walk
       •    Clairvoyant was filmed working out in a gym and lifting heavy dumbbells
       •    His wife Jeanette, 53, also falsely claimed thousands of pounds in benefits
       •    Mr Abbott jailed for eight months and wife given suspended sentence

After the case, a DWP spokesman said: 'Benefit fraud is a crime and we are dedicated to catching those who commit it.

'Only a small minority of benefit claimants are dishonest, but cases like this cost the taxpayer money that should be used to help those in need.

'We are determined to find those who we suspect are cheating the system by following up on tip-offs, undertaking surveillance and working with local councils.'

A proceeds of crime hearing on June 30 will determine how much the couple must pay back.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]  grarrow [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 11:34

Already got this on my site and BEFORE the Daily Mail too!
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 11:37

The Daily Mail article was actually published 6th March, along with a host of other publications who covered the story. (I just didn't get around to posting it here till now).

The Express actually goes a step further, in their article of 7th March:

Benefits Britain: FIVE of the UK's most SHAMELESS fraudsters

WHAT DO a karate instructor, a drag queen and a gym-going clairvoyant all have in common?

Unfortunately, this is not the setup to a harmless joke but a list of just some of the shameless fraudulent claimants who helped cost British taxpayers ?3.4billion in overpaid benefits in 2013/14.

Amongst the staggering amount of cash wasted are thousands of pounds claimed by swindlers.

Here, Express.co.uk lists five of the most shameless examples …

Read in full HERE
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 11:38

Another one here - this one jailed for 6 months. Must surely come in the top 10: angry cat

'Golf champ Alan Bannister jailed for £26,000 benefit fraud'

A champion golfer who claimed £26,000 in benefits saying he was too ill to walk but played the sport regularly has been jailed for six months.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 11:41

A proceeds of crime hearing on June 30 will determine how much the couple must pay back.

That's all very well, but the issue here is not just about money. What happens after the 8 months is up? Will this guy and his wife be allowed to continue to work in the Spiritualist Churches? Will they be welcomed back with open arms into the fold - to carry on as before?

A horrible case a few years ago in America concerning a former minister of two Spiritualist churches who was imprisoned for 7 years, convicted on child pornography charges.

Now into his 60's, he is due to be released at the end of this year. He has been allowed to send letters from prison seeking penpals - for "Romance, Friendship, Correspondence" (ref: [Only admins are allowed to see this link] Will prospective respondents have any idea of his past activities? and of the possible dangers that might be involved in striking up an association with him?

OK, very different "crimes" and very different situations, but the point I am making is - there is still the possibility that innocent/gullible people may be taken in and exploited, not knowing what has gone before.
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 11:43

Candlelight.kk wrote:

That's all very well, but the issue here is not just about money. What happens after the 8 months is up? Will this guy and his wife be allowed to continue to work in the Spiritualist Churches? Will they be welcomed back with open arms into the fold - to carry on as before?

Of course they will!
    The SNU were still booking them AFTER they first got arrested and charged!

You are seriously wondering if a criminal organisation riddled with fraud, will continue to hire two fraudsters?
    Why so naive?

Now into his 60's, he is due to be released at the end of this year. He has been allowed to send letters from prison seeking penpals - for "Romance, Friendship, Correspondence" (ref: [Only admins are allowed to see this link] Will prospective respondents have any idea of his past activities? and of the possible dangers that might be involved in striking up an association with him?

OK, very different "crimes" and very different situations, but the point I am making is - there is still the possibility that innocent/gullible people may be taken in and exploited, not knowing what has gone before.

OMG, you are so naive, it is laughable!
    INNOCENT, GULLIBLE people are always the victims of psychics, regardless. If you are a paedophile, a rapist, a sexual abuser, whatever, then being a psychic is the perfect cover.

Remember what went on at Camp Chesterfield, when mediums would pretend to be the dead husbands of women manefested in a seance, who then had sex with the victims!

There is literally not one part of the psychic industry or spiritualist religion that does not disgust and offend me!

The most secretive cults are often the most dangerous, look at spiritualism, look at scientology, look at Witnesses, and so on.

All cults, that aim for the more vunerable people to add to their flock
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 11:51

JDBP wrote:
    Candlelight.kk wrote:

Of course they will!
    The SNU were still booking them AFTER they first got arrested and charged!

"Arrested and charged" is not quite the same as "convicted" and "found guilty".
    Remember - Innocent until proven guilty.

Unless you have proof that this has been the case since conviction, then you are just blowing out hot air.
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 11:53

Candlelight.kk wrote:

Unless you have proof that this has been the case since conviction, then you are just blowing out hot air.

They were caught RED HANDED! In VIDEO that was posted ONLINE!!!!

Also if there was a single real psychic at the SNU (There isn't) then they would have KNOWN in advance that he would get sent to prison!

Naive again!
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 11:56

JDBP wrote:
    Candlelight.kk wrote:

Also if there was a single real psychic at the SNU (There isn't) then they would have KNOWN in advance that he would get sent to prison!

Naive again!

The video showed yer man exercising in the gym, lifting heavy weights etc - and his wife shopping and bending down and walking with heavy shopping bag without difficulty etc - BUT there was no PROOF at that juncture that they were illegally claiming benefits under false pretences (i.e. claiming that they were unable to do these things - and also in the same vein supposedly claiming that they were unable to work because of those restrictions.)
    At that time it was simply a matter of accusation (by an anonymous third party who reported them to the DWP). That report could have been made by a mischief-maker, or jealousy or any number of other reasons. That side of it had to be PROVEN for the accusation to be taken seriously.
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 11:58

Candlelight.kk wrote:
    JDBP wrote:
    Candlelight.kk wrote:

Naive again!

The video showed yer man exercising in the gym, lifting heavy weights etc - and his wife shopping and bending down and walking with heavy shopping bag without difficulty etc - BUT there was no PROOF at that juncture that they were illegally claiming benefits under false pretences (i.e. claiming that they were unable to do these things - and also in the same vein supposedly claiming that they were unable to work because of those restrictions.)
    At that time it was simply a matter of accusation (by an anonymous third party who reported them to the DWP). That report could have been made by a mischief-maker, or jealousy or any number of other reasons. That side of it had to be PROVEN for the accusation to be taken seriously.

So the police arrested and charged them JUST on the word of some anon person? They never checked with DWP first?
    Surely it was the DWP who went to the police after they gathered the evidence!

Give up, you lost this battle trying to defend your fraudulent friends at the SNU!

Current date/time is Thu 2 May 2024 - 9:23