Light After Life

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

COVID-19: All the latest LIVE global updates - updated throughout each day

The Video of the Week now showing on our Portal page is: 'PSYCHIC' (Parts 1 and 2)
3 posters

How to view every issue of 'Psychic News' ever published, from 1932 to the present day

Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk

update How to view every issue of 'Psychic News' ever published, from 1932 to the present day

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 3 Oct 2020 - 12:52

mac
mac

update Re: How to view every issue of 'Psychic News' ever published, from 1932 to the present day

Post by mac Sat 3 Oct 2020 - 18:29

It's still populated only to 1967.  I'd guess the pandemic has scuppered any proposed plans for continuing the digitisation programme. 

It's months since I last heard from the archivist and although a new tranche of funding had been promised at that time there was no certainty how and when it would be used.
mac
mac

update Re: How to view every issue of 'Psychic News' ever published, from 1932 to the present day

Post by mac Thu 11 Feb 2021 - 19:03

I'd all but given up on the PN archiving ever being continued but a chance visit this morning shows the archive has actually been completed to 2010 when - if I remember correctly - there was a near-death experience for the publication and a new direction followed afterwards.

edit:  The link I posted worked earlier today, Thursday, but won't work now so I've removed it.  The one below is OK though.....

https://digitalcollections.lib.umanitoba.ca/islandora/object/uofm%3A2939726
Misty
Misty

Post by Misty Sun 14 Feb 2021 - 14:13

mac wrote:I'd all but given up on the PN archiving ever being continued but a chance visit this morning shows the archive has actually been completed to 2010 when - if I remember correctly - there was a near-death experience for the publication and a new direction followed afterwards.

edit:  The link I posted worked earlier today, Thursday, but won't work now so I've removed it.  The one below is OK though.....

That link doesnt work for me mac.  deja vu duh
mac
mac

Post by mac Sun 14 Feb 2021 - 15:32

Misty wrote:
mac wrote:I'd all but given up on the PN archiving ever being continued but a chance visit this morning shows the archive has actually been completed to 2010 when - if I remember correctly - there was a near-death experience for the publication and a new direction followed afterwards.

Oh that's odd because it works just fine for me!   I tested it moments ago and went straight there....
mac
mac

Post by mac Sun 14 Feb 2021 - 19:50

Misty wrote:

Have you tried again?  Use a different browser if you still can't reach there.
Misty
Misty

Post by Misty Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 23:05

mac wrote:
Misty wrote:

Have you tried again?  Use a different browser if you still can't reach there.

I just tried it again now and yes its working now. yes   thumb
Same browser. Strange.
mac
mac

Post by mac Tue 16 Feb 2021 - 7:12

I'm glad you got there.....  Smile

Current date/time is Mon 25 Oct 2021 - 17:41