Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

In the dark with Gary Mannion (finally exposed as FRAUD)

mac
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Re: In the dark with Gary Mannion (finally exposed as FRAUD)

Post by mac on Mon 15 May 2017, 02:56

04 Mar 2017, 08:45

Amazing how folk will ignore what's inconvenient!
Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Post by Misty on Mon 15 May 2017, 02:57

04 Mar 2017, 14:09

The website just shows those dates booked in his calendar for March 2017. Doesnt say whether anybody is going to be attending.

And there are lists of 'events' in Germany and Sweden for October and November (but doesnt say what year!) which I think have already passed, but it looks like on the website that they are events happening later this year.
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Mon 15 May 2017, 02:59

04 Mar 2017, 17:02

Misty wrote:
The website just shows those dates booked in his calendar for March 2017. Doesnt say whether anybody is going to be attending.

And there are lists of 'events' in Germany and Sweden for October and November (but doesnt say what year!) which I think have already passed, but it looks like on the website that they are events happening later this year.

So, no change with his self-promoting website tactics then.  Rolling Eyes

It would be an interesting exercise to contact all those featured on those 'testomonial' (sic) videos to see whether or not they have since changed their tune following the recent very damning revelations about Gary's cheating and fraudulent behaviour.

mac
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Job/hobbies : retired

Post by mac on Mon 15 May 2017, 03:01

04 Mar 2017, 21:14

It appears he'll be acting (!?) as a channel for so-called psychic surgery so nothing necessarily for an audience to witness (or fail to witness) unless he produces (or promises to produce) tissue allegedly removed by claimed psychic surgical intervention.

I saw no mention of him being involved with physical mediumship aka phenomenalism so maybe he's keeping his distance from it for now - understandably! lol  hmm
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Mon 15 May 2017, 03:06

04 Mar 2017, 21:58

mac wrote:It appears he'll be acting (!?) as a channel for so-called psychic surgery so nothing necessarily for an audience to witness (or fail to witness) unless he produces (or promises to produce) tissue allegedly removed by claimed psychic surgical intervention.

I saw no mention of him being involved with physical mediumship aka phenomenalism so maybe he's keeping his distance from it for now - understandably!  lol   hmm

I don't think he's got any choice in the matter now re the so-called "physical mediumship/séances" etc ...

BUT regarding the events which are still listed (albeit in a cursory fashion) on his website - I think Misty might be correct in thinking these dates have already passed, and that's why the year has conveniently been omitted from the pages.  It's probably a ploy to make it look as though he is still in demand. 
If, however, he is intending to run events again in Germany, then perhaps people there should be reminded of, or at least made aware of, this article which preceded his visit to Germany back in November 2008:

https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/116720-healer-gary-mannion-to-visit-frankfurt/

'Healer' Gary Mannion to visit Frankfurt'
Posted 24 Nov 2008

Between 26th and 30th November a 20 year old "psychic surgeon" and all-round New Age healer named Gary Mannion will be visiting Frankfurt, giving what his website describes as "Various workshops, demos and healings" (http://www.garymannion.com).

Mr Mannion first came to my attention in summer 2007, when he became the subject of a long thread on the UK-Skeptics site. When I began to investigate his claims and activities it soon became clear to me that almost every statement he makes is a lie, an evasion or an exaggeration. His claim to have cured a man's terminal liver cancer in two days was brought to the attention of his local Trading Standards office, who threatened him with legal action if the claim was not removed or re-worded. Mr Mannion has also been threatened with legal action by Northwick Park Hospital in London for claiming that their Head Physiotherapist "Manesh Naidoo" was one of the "leading medical professionals" with whom he worked; there is no such person as Manesh Naidoo and the post is in fact held by Sangita Patel. Mr Mannion is also an enthusiastic supporter of the "Indigo Child" myth, according to which children diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder, dyslexia, dyspraxia, Aspergers and other disorders represent the next stage of human evolution; he frequently gives talks at which he advises parents on how to care for such children. He is primarily a "psychic surgeon", although unlike the Filipino and Brazilian frauds he doesn't pretend to remove tumours from the body and thereby run the risk of the material being identified as animal tissue and fake blood. However, he does claim to be assisted by 37 invisible surgeon helpers, the chief of whom is none other than the Abraham of the Old Testament!

The extent of Mr Mannion's medical and scientific ignorance is staggering. Here are a few quotes (his spelling throughout):

"Didn't science once thing the Earth was flat?"

"Most of the technolagy we have now, didn't sciene laugh at the idea when it was first mentioned stating it was impossible? Yet we have it not and science fully except it."

His get-out clause is also memorable: "Anything mentioned by me is MY OPINION. I do not medically claim anything and do not state that what I say is correct."

I would stongly advise anyone in Frankfurt who is thinking of attending this event to take everything Mr Mannion says with with a grain, if not a pillar, of salt!

The results of my investigation can be read here: http://www.badpsychicsgarymannion.co.uk
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Mon 15 May 2017, 03:08

04 Mar 2017, 22:13

update

Yes, it seems the advertising events planned for Sweden have actually passed also, but only as recent as October 2016.

From here:  https://allevents.in/events/psychic-surgery-demonstration-with-gary-mannion/137522629972114#

Event Details Psychic Surgery Demonstration with Gary Mannion
Psychic Surgery is an advanced form of healing that is classed as physical mediumship. Psychic surgery in other countries can cut skin and will physically operate, however Gary has advanced and has the ability to ‘operate’ on the body, without cutting the skin. Gary’s spirit surgeon is Abraham (the one carrying out psychic surgery through Gary). Abraham claims that the work he is carrying out is around 100 years ahead of modern surgery.
His aim is to help those who are suffering in mind, body and spirit in the best way he knows how, which is the healing route.
Gary has a high success rate with many people just needing one treatment.

Price: TBC

Time: 6:30pm - 8:30pm

Where: Äskered, Sweden

When: 20th October 2016

mac
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by mac on Mon 15 May 2017, 03:10

The only future dates I saw were in connection with psychic surgery. How that will work out we'll have to see. I'm not expecting too much but who knows? Never say never....  eek
Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Post by Misty on Mon 15 May 2017, 03:12

05 Mar 2017, 16:54

mac wrote:
It appears he'll be acting (!?) as a channel for so-called psychic surgery so nothing necessarily for an audience to witness (or fail to witness) unless he produces (or promises to produce) tissue allegedly removed by claimed psychic surgical intervention.

I saw no mention of him being involved with physical mediumship aka phenomenalism so maybe he's keeping his distance from it for now - understandably! lol hmm

But as far as he is concerned, and it says so on his site - psychic surgery IS physical mediumship. But he is apparently "advanced", "100 years ahead of modern surgery", so he doesnt need to show anything. People are paying to go to these demonstrations to see him touching someone and talking as he does it, and basically saying that he is performing 'healing' ! ... advanced healing.  nuts
Event Details Psychic Surgery Demonstration with Gary Mannion
Psychic Surgery is an advanced form of healing that is classed as physical mediumship. Psychic surgery in other countries can cut skin and will physically operate, however Gary has advanced and has the ability to ‘operate’ on the body, without cutting the skin. Gary’s spirit surgeon is Abraham (the one carrying out psychic surgery through Gary). Abraham claims that the work he is carrying out is around 100 years ahead of modern surgery.
His aim is to help those who are suffering in mind, body and spirit in the best way he knows how, which is the healing route.
Gary has a high success rate with many people just needing one treatment

What a load of codswallop!

mac
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by mac on Mon 15 May 2017, 03:15

05 Mar 2017, 17:26

I hadn't seen how proficient an exponent of psychic surgery he claims to be!

And as for it being ranked as physical mediumship I suppose it depends on how one defines physical mediumship. Either way with alleged psychic surgery there isn't - as I mentioned earlier - any need to show anything as evidence it's taken place. Hence - as you say, kk - all his audience will see is him touching, or nearly touching, the beneficiaries of his (claimed) advanced spiritual healing.

I'll just say I remain to be persuaded he's as good as he suggests he is....  nuts
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Mon 15 May 2017, 03:16

05 Mar 2017, 18:05

It was actually Misty that said that, but I totally agree.
I have been to two of his 'psychic surgery demonstrations', good few years ago now - both times at the Mind, Body, Soul Exhibition in Olympia, London. My attendance was purely out of curiosity and investigative purposes - to find out for myself, having listened to all the claims and the criticism surrounding those claims at the time. On both occasions I wrote a detailed report of what went on at these demos (putting it short - self-promotion. Nothing else!)

mac
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by mac on Mon 15 May 2017, 03:18

05 Mar 2017, 19:33

oops - course it was Misty - sorry, kk - must've got confused - it's happening more now than it used to....  facepalm

Current date/time is Mon 25 Sep 2017, 01:52