Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

Uri Geller

Candlelight.kk

Female

Uri Geller

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sun 21 May 2017, 15:09

11 Feb 2017, 12:54

All the media is full of Uri Geller at the moment, following the mass online release of classified documents in January, relating to the testing of him by Russell Targ and Hal Puthoff at Stanford Research Institute in 1972-3.

A recently declassified document from the CIA states "As a result of Geller's success in this experimental period, we consider that he has demonstrated his paranormal perceptual ability in a convincing an ambiguous manner."
https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00791R000100480003-3.pdf

Now that the excellent Psi Encyclopedia has been launched and available in general circulation, it's good to see one of its main contributors, Robert McLuhan, now able to spend more time on his Blog:  link  http://monkeywah.typepad.com/paranormalia/

The comments section of his recent piece on Uri Geller, however - Geller Again (January 23, 2017) - has degraded into a silly circus of troll dialogue, with the Waller-MU character carrying on a cross-conversation with impersonations of various members of the Skeptiko site. 
Jon Donnis hasn't escaped either - his name also appearing among the obviously impersonated victims.   (Karma, perhaps?)   gigle
Candlelight.kk

Female

Re: Uri Geller

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sun 21 May 2017, 15:11

11 Feb 2017, 15:02

BBC documentary: Uri Geller - His Life Story

Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Post by Misty on Sun 21 May 2017, 15:14

15 Feb 2017, 13:03

I think Uri Geller has a certain charisma about him. He has led a very charmed and colourful life.

My mother has a treasured watch that she says started working again while his TV show was on.
Candlelight.kk

Female

SSSHHHH ...... Just don't mention the spoons

Post by Candlelight.kk on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 23:28

Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Post by Misty on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 11:43

lol This has got to be a spoof video, right?
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 18:55

Misty wrote:
Quoted video deleted by Admin. Click here for explanation.:
I have deleted the quoted video from your post, Misty.  Best not to quote videos or images in follow-up posts because (1) it slows up the forum, and (2) videos and images sometimes become unavailable, leaving an ugly grey empty box saying something like 'no longer available' in both the original post and the quoted one, so doubling up the task when checking through the forum to get rid of them!  (Found loads of them on the way-back posts of the old Forum).

lol This has got to be a spoof video, right?

For sure it's just a fun video, obviously done with Uri Geller's sporting consent. jocolor    
The so-called 'Spoon Council' doesn't exist!
Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Post by Misty on Wed 07 Jun 2017, 10:58

Quoted video deleted by Admin. Click here for explanation.:
I have deleted the quoted video from your post, Misty.  Best not to quote videos or images in follow-up posts because (1) it slows up the forum, and (2) videos and images sometimes become unavailable, leaving an ugly grey empty box saying something like 'no longer available' in both the original post and the quoted one, so doubling up the task when checking through the forum to get rid of them!  (Found loads of them on the way-back posts of the old Forum).

alienpop   Sorry KK, chair   I understand. Won't do it again.

Current date/time is Sat 18 Nov 2017, 15:54