Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

+3
Feather
Candlelight.kk
lar-lar
7 posters

Where do you want to be at in yourself in 5 years?

lar-lar
    lar-lar

Where do you want to be at in yourself in 5 years? Empty Where do you want to be at in yourself in 5 years?

Post by lar-lar Wed 17 May 2017 - 21:37

26 May 2008, 23:16

If my childen are happy and healthly -and me- then thats all whats important.I would simply like more peace of mind than i do right now.
    Priorities change dont they?
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Where do you want to be at in yourself in 5 years? Empty Re: Where do you want to be at in yourself in 5 years?

Post by Candlelight.kk Wed 17 May 2017 - 21:41

26 May 2008, 23:33

Your priorities do change with your circumstances.

If I were to pick 3 from my present circumstances, they would be:

1. Free from money worries (BIG priority at present)

2. To be reunited with my son.

3. Running my own development classes for mediumship and spiritual awareness (for skeptics)
    - with Jon Donnis as my top student  lol Go to the top of the class Jon  lol lol
    lar-lar
    lar-lar

Where do you want to be at in yourself in 5 years? Empty Re: Where do you want to be at in yourself in 5 years?

Post by lar-lar Wed 17 May 2017 - 21:45

27 May 2008, 00:20

I hope your no 2 happens much sooner candlelight.

Can i come to your classes too? just to pull faces at jon?
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Wed 17 May 2017 - 21:47

27 May 2008, 00:25

So long as you don't disturb him in his meditation. Might be busy with the long process of cleansing his aura.
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Wed 17 May 2017 - 21:50

30 May 2008, 18:53

In 5 years I want still to be on the earth plane!!!!! You're so right--priorities do change a lot with age.

[image no longer available]
    elly
    elly

Post by elly Wed 17 May 2017 - 22:00

03 Jun 2008, 13:32

i hope my kids are all happy and healthy us too for that matter!!!
    lar-lar
    lar-lar

Post by lar-lar Wed 17 May 2017 - 22:02

04 Jun 2008, 00:16

haha,love that picture feather!
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Wed 17 May 2017 - 22:13

04 Jun 2008, 09:22

Yep, it's good 'n it? It's not me, of course. This is the real me----- [image no longer available]
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Thu 18 May 2017 - 0:30

26 Aug 2008, 17:31

Only just seen this. You are funny, Feather.  lol
    Watch your aura when you see lar-lar. She'll be seeing everybody's true colours and mood.  Wink
    In 5-years time? Too far ahead for me, I think I'll just enjoy the moment I'm in now.  very happy
    lynneandjohn
    lynneandjohn

Post by lynneandjohn Thu 18 May 2017 - 0:31

26 Aug 2008, 18:26

i hope to be stronger than i am today and accepting of johns passing.
    i hope to have found what it is i am good at in order to work full time.
    also to be more spiritually aware and to not have missed my life lessons.
    to learn how to drive.
    to see my children contented and healthy as for always.
    to be able to do something for others who are struggling in any way.
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Thu 18 May 2017 - 0:33

26 Aug 2008, 20:46

Thanks for the warning, Stardust. What colour is the aura when you're drunk???  lol
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Thu 18 May 2017 - 0:35

12 May 2014, 13:39

It's been more than five years now, so how about an update?

I achieved what I was aiming for on the whole, but it was often tough going.

I wonder how lynneandjohn and elly are getting on (they both posted in this thread in 2008).

I'm glad Feather got her wish and is still very much with us.

cheers
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Thu 18 May 2017 - 0:39

12 May 2014, 15:06

Oooh ... so much has happened along those (what is actually 6 years now!).

My number 1 back then, I am happy to say, has been achieved - but only just! At the beginning of this year. So, if I had been answering that question after the requisite 5 years, it would have been a very different answer.

Number 2 is a very difficult one to talk about, and no - there is no change there.

As for my number 3, how very serendipitous that you should bring this post up today, of all days, Stardust! As it happens, owing to my health situation and other circumstances, over the past 3 years I have had to put my mediumship development interests on hold. (I always felt it would be a temporary thing and that when the time is right I would return back to doing what I love). Only very recently could I even contemplate doing so, now that the health worries and other connected circumstances have settled down to an extent. In January of this year, I felt ready - ready for what(?) I wasn't sure, but positively ready all the same.

Just recently, I heard about this event: post4943.html#p4943 and I decided to go along to it. That was just over a week ago.

As it happens, there was no chance to get a reading from any of the mediums there on the day, as lots of people had been disappointed to find that the demand had been so overwhelming - and unexpectedly so - that ALL the readings throughout the day got booked up so quickly. It was a case of 'first-come-first-served' on the day, and arriving half way through the day meant that there was no chance.

A casual chat with another disappointed person there, I learned that a development circle has actually been established there and this group has been in existence for about 2 years now - and to cut a long story short (after a certain amount of ensuing synchronistic happenings) I found myself invited to join in this ongoing circle - and my first day there is today! This very evening, that's where I will be - and I am so very much looking forward to it.

Incidentally, the last I heard from lynneandjohn, she was very happy and contented, having achieved at least one of her above wishes, where she had just taken up the opportunity of a fulfilling full-time job, doing what she is good at, and enjoying every minute of it.  very happy
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Thu 18 May 2017 - 0:40

13 May 2014, 11:17

Stardust wrote:
    I achieved what I was aiming for on the whole, but it was often tough going.

Stardust, you didn't actually specify back then just what it was you were aiming to achieve in 5 years? Whatever it was, it's good to see that it has turned out well for you.  very happy
    Often, the tougher it is, the more beneficial the end gain all round.
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Thu 18 May 2017 - 0:45

15 May 2014, 13:46

Candlelight.kk wrote:
    ... I learned that a development circle has actually been established... I found myself invited to join in this ongoing circle - and my first day there is today - and I am so very much looking forward to it.
    That's great news for you, Candlelight, so how did it go on Monday?

Candlelight.kk wrote:
    ... last I heard from lynneandjohn, she was very happy and contented, having achieved at least one of her above wishes, where she had just taken up the opportunity of a fulfilling full-time job, doing what she is good at, and enjoying every minute of it.
    I'm happy to learn lynneandjohn is doing so well and is now surrounded by a web of happiness.

It's always nice to hear how the oldies are, especially when the news is good.

very happy very happy
    chiropractorSF
    chiropractorSF

Where do you want to be at in yourself in 5 years? Empty Chiropractic Career

Post by chiropractorSF Thu 3 Feb 2022 - 7:20

The American Heritage Dictionary defines chiropractic as "a system of therapy that treats the disease due to a lack of normal nerve function and that uses manipulation and specific adaptation of body structures (such as the spine)." The appeal began in the 1990s, when Daniel David Palmer realized that other diseases could be cured by repairing the patient's back. Since then, chiropractors have assisted countless patients around the world ("Chiropractic"). But what does it mean to be a chiropractor and who is it?

A chiropractor is responsible for helping people in a way that traditional medicine cannot. It is the primary work of the spine and spinal cord in humans. A good chiropractor is also responsible for knowing what he can do and what he cannot solve, and where patients can be referred for further help (Lampenstein).

There are several different types of chiropractors and their daily schedule and income also have a lot of coverage. Some chiropractors have their own practices, which means they can work in any type of office they want, or even in their own homes. Some work for other chiropractors or as part of health and wellness clinics. Some even work in hospitals and research institutions. The American Association of Chiropractors states that the average salary in the United States is $ 81,500 after tax.

It takes a lot of skills to be a successful chiropractor. It is important that you are friendly, that you support good relationships with patients and provide them with comfort. You have to be physically strong to work with the backbone of people. You must also be vigilant and have enough wisdom to expose various problems (Lampenstein). These last two skills come only through education and experience. In order to become a chiropractor, a student must obtain a first professional degree. They must then pass a board examination in order to qualify for the profession. In Florida, it is possible to study at Palmer College or  censored [Spam link removed by admin]. Another option is to study abroad at the Life University School of Chiropractic in Georgia (Fish 134). The same profession is acupuncture, which can also be studied at various schools throughout the country.

As chiropractic becomes increasingly accepted in this country, demand will grow. The American Chiropractic Association states, "The overall outlook in the industry remains very clear as the baby boom generation responds to the needs of our profession." (Luke)

For me, I think it works well. I like to help people and I know from personal experience how important it is to have a good and healthy back. It is a great advantage to be paid for doing something that I find meaningful and interesting. Another advantage is that chiropractors are profitable and have a bright future. Some disadvantages include passing a license test and you may have to deal with the stress of taking responsibility for suffering patients.

I think I can become a good chiropractor because I care about people and I'm learning. Being a chiropractor makes me happy, which is important because at the end of the day I will be proud of my work and my patients will know that they are in good hands. As Dr. says Lampenstein told me, "Stay healthy, physically and mentally - and have fun!"

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 13:34