Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

+8
aussiepom
Pixie1970
spiritlinker
elly
lar-lar
Feather
Candlelight.kk
Stardust
12 posters

Darkness and dawn

evergreen

Darkness and dawn - Page 2 Empty Re: Darkness and dawn

Post by evergreen Sat 20 May 2017 - 0:32

20 Oct 2014, 17:38

The UK is expecting wild winds and battering rain by dawn tomorrow. Aftermath of Bermudan hurricane Gonzalo.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/hurricane-gonzalo-has-battered-bermuda-and-will-weaken-before-moving-to-hit-uk-9804445.html

Need to batten down the hatches tonight!
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Sat 20 May 2017 - 0:36

07 Jul 2015, 13:57

The darkness all around me drew
    and hugged me like a cloak
    I sighed and moped
    and sobbed and choked
    my dreams had all gone up in smoke
    constricted throat
    a sinking boat
    a sudden hand kept me afloat
    and gave me life anew.
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Sat 20 May 2017 - 0:37

12 Oct 2015, 20:58

Gone.
    But where?
    A cord is cut when we're born, but another when it's time to leave this life.
    Like a helium balloon, adrift, flying away from me.
    No more long conversations about everything and nothing.
    No more hugs, shared giggles, shared tears, serious times, happy times.
    All gone.
    But where?
    And here I am again.
    Bereft again.
    With heavy heart, but so many memories like tinkling bells inside my head.
    Love is the greatest gift of all.
    It's price is loss.
    Another gone.
    But where?
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Sat 20 May 2017 - 0:39

11 Nov 2015, 17:39

I have just now come across this beautiful, heartfelt thread of yours.
    You've said it all. It's all here--every emotion, every thought I've ever had.
    You plumb the depths and scale the heights of my reality.
    Thank you so very much, my friend.  thanks
    Curious
    Curious

Post by Curious Sat 20 May 2017 - 0:40

11 Nov 2015, 23:05

I agree with what Feather said, you have a real gift for words Stardust.
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Sat 20 May 2017 - 0:42

16 Nov 2015, 23:33

The terrorist attacks in Paris on Friday evening have left us all sad and full of sorrow for those lost and their families, as well as the wounded and the survivors who for the rest of their lives will live with the images of horror etched into their memories.
    We are all grieving together, but we stand united against evil and terrorism, in the fight for justice against those cowards who kill the unarmed with machine guns, at random and often in the back. An unequal war, where sitting in a concert or outside a cafe, can make you a sitting duck to be gunned down for no valid reason, and these senseless thugs think they're brave to do it.
    May all those poor souls whose blood mingled and ran in rivers in the streets now rest in peace.
    Curious
    Curious

Post by Curious Sat 20 May 2017 - 0:43

17 Nov 2015, 00:26

This was a tragedy, The Whole World supports France in their time of sorrow.
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Sat 20 May 2017 - 0:45

17 Nov 2015, 17:06

I know I'm stating the obvious but there has not been an evil in the world like ISIS since the Nazis came to power. I'm no expert but it concerns me that the leaders of The West and other allies do not seem to be taking the appropriate action to rid us of this madness. They have hesitated from the beginning and are still hanging back from what will ultimately have to be done. ISIS is not going to fade away. It has to be annihilated by whatever means is necessary.

What do the rest of you think about this?
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 20 May 2017 - 0:49

17 Nov 2015, 23:28

Feather wrote:
    I know I'm stating the obvious but there has not been an evil in the world like ISIS since the Nazis came to power. I'm no expert but it concerns me that the leaders of The West and other allies do not seem to be taking the appropriate action to rid us of this madness. They have hesitated from the beginning and are still hanging back from what will ultimately have to be done. ISIS is not going to fade away. It has to be annihilated by whatever means is necessary.

What do the rest of you think about this?

If by "the leaders of the West taking the appropriate action", you mean officially declaring war on the Jihadists(?) - well I suppose they really are in a bit of a quandary there, in knowing what to do for the best. For one thing - that is precisely what they (IS) want, it would be virtually playing right into their hands; that is exactly what their considered actions are intended to provoke - an all-out so-called Jihad (which they interpret to be a 'holy war' - an Islamic war or struggle against the non-believers (non-Muslims / infidels) - being the "greater jihad', with the specific aim being to conquer and convert, although incidentally that is not the true meaning of the term 'jihad' - in a purely linguistic sense the word 'jihad' actually means 'the spiritual struggle within oneself against sin' (the "lesser jihad").
    Another thing to take into account, of course, is Saudi Arabia's place and major influence in matters of Islam. Saudi and "the West" are very much in each other's political and financial pockets. This works both ways on a strategic level. I think "the West" would be very reluctant to upset the political balance and I think also they may be fearful of the possibility that [let's face it] if it came to an all-out showdown of 'religious' power and control - the whole Islamic world, whatever their divisions, would stand together as Muslim brothers-in-arms against the "infidels".

My personal opinion is that war is never the answer - but then again ... what's the alternative? Negotiation? You cannot negotiate with terrorists - without massive ramifications. I certainly would not want to be in the shoes of those whose responsibility it is to make the decisions from here on in.
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Sat 20 May 2017 - 0:51

17 Nov 2015, 23:41

War was the only answer to the rise of the Nazis. We would be waging war on only ISIS, not all Muslims. Where there is war there is always collateral damage but if nothing decisive is done, the damage in human lives will be far worse. The longer it takes to defeat ISIS, the more people will die.
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Sat 20 May 2017 - 0:53

21 Jan 2016, 09:22

All this is depressing and it's a tough problem not going away any time soon.
    Those of us who want peace find it very hard that we have first to fight and spill blood, to kill and maim, in order to have a chance of a peaceful world.
    A lot of humankind today are drawn by the darkness and it gets more difficult to spread love and light, but we have to stand up tall, arm in arm, shoulder to shoulder, and face these brutal terrorists.
    They count on fear, torture and death to gain a hold on the world, and there's no option but to fight since we can't just lie down and let them crush us all underfoot.
    It's tragic because even if love and peace win in the end, the cost in human lives and the terrible wide-spread destruction will be horrific, the price already paid is high enough but it will get much worse.
    How sad to see life in this wonderful world with its beautiful Nature destroyed by savages with firearms and explosives. I'll never understand what goes on in their heads, something missing or a crossed cable, but obviously something not right.
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Sat 20 May 2017 - 0:54

03 Jun 2016, 14:51

June, but you wouldn't think so. Still dark in the early mornings because of the heavy cloud cover, and rain, rain, rain, and yet more rain...
    Sadly the days will start getting shorter again at the end of the month and we are far from having made the most of Spring so far.
    Curious
    Curious

Post by Curious Sat 20 May 2017 - 0:57

04 Jun 2016, 09:05

I love rain, though I feel sorry for those that get too much, flooding is so sad
    I know I am in the minority that doesn't like hot weather, I left my hometown years ago, as the summers were so humid. I only go back to visit family in the early Winter. Oddly enough I married someone from a really cold climate that doesn't like it anymore, so we compromise.
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Sat 20 May 2017 - 0:59

04 Jun 2016, 20:33

Hello, Curious.  wave

I agree hot and humid is a difficult combination to deal with.

I usually love this time of year and rising very early to make the most of luminous mornings, but this year has been rather gloomy so far.

I like walking in the woods when it's raining and hearing the patter of raindrops falling on the trees.  very happy
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Sat 20 May 2017 - 1:00

1 Dec 2016, 21:19

First day of Winter today, and at last we can say the days will not get any shorter and will soon lengthen again.  happyheart
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sat 20 May 2017 - 1:02

21 Dec 2016, 21:22

roll on summer!
    Misty
    Misty

Post by Misty Sat 20 May 2017 - 1:05

21 Dec 2016, 22:26

Oh no, I dont want to wish away Christmas before its even here! I love Christmas time. I am even wishing for some snow for Christmas Day just to make it pefect.  Mr. Green Darkness and dawn - Page 2 Getmycoat
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sat 20 May 2017 - 1:07

22 Dec 2016, 00:59

You're welcome to my share of any snow!
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Sat 20 May 2017 - 1:09

22 Dec 2016, 17:41

Snow is OK while it's thick on the ground and still white.
    I don't like when it transforms to dirty slush and ice.
    No snow forecast for Christmas day here.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sat 20 May 2017 - 1:11

22 Dec 2016, 19:50

Your forecast Christmas Day temperatures in the UK are much the same as we're promised here. Big storm moving through slowly....
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Sat 20 May 2017 - 1:14

04 Feb 2017, 08:50

Sunrise, Sunset
    from Fiddler on the Roof.

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024 - 18:56