Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

4 posters

Psychic News - January 2017 issue

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Psychic News - January 2017 issue Empty Psychic News - January 2017 issue

Post by Candlelight.kk Wed 3 May 2017 - 15:27

The Psychic News January 2017 issue is now available.

Contents include:

WICKED OUIJA… 
or channel 
for spirit?
      History shows Spiritualists were involved in its creation

Accentuate the positive: Sally Francis kick-starts your spiritual journey through 2017

The ways we say goodbye – Sarah Coyne compares changing ways of dealing with grief

Plus:

Did author Dr Raynor Johnson turn blind eye to Australian cult’s child abuse?

Science and Séance: 
The great paranormal clash
 – Billy Roberts interviews sceptical ghostbuster Dr Ciarán O’Keeffe

The Big Grey Man of Ben MacDhui – John West takes us mountaineering on a spooky Scottish peak

Psychic News - January 2017 issue Cover81-jan2017-big

Also included:

• Psychic solves mystery of ‘crying’ cat
      • Church of Scotland minister appointed by Spiritualist centre
      • George Cranley passes to spirit
      • Meditation locates expensive bracelet
      • Astrologer saved Jimmy Young’s life
      • Eight decades of history at Edinburgh college evokes fond memories of Helen Duncan
      • All worlds are one – Roy Stemman’s paranormal reflections
      • TRUTH campaign – Test centres confer on thermal imaging protocol
      • Materialised spirit doctor performed operations
      • The art and life story of former soldier Ian Doherty
      • A decade of Spiritualism in Norway
      • Maitreya’s ‘full emergence’ is imminent says Benjamin Crème’s organisation
      • A-Z of the paranormal – H is for Hypnotism
      • And much more

link  http://www.psychicnews.org.uk/
    mac
    mac

Psychic News - January 2017 issue Empty Re: Psychic News - January 2017 issue

Post by mac Wed 3 May 2017 - 15:37

Is it a nice piece on George Cranley, kk?
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Wed 3 May 2017 - 15:38

mac wrote:Is it a nice piece on George Cranley, kk?

Headed -
    [size=150]'George Cranley - champion of physical mediumship, passes on'[/size]

Psychic News - January 2017 issue George10
    One of our most knowledgeable Spiritualists, George Cranley, has taken his leave from this world, aged 70, after devoting much of his life to promoting spiritual truths and a better understanding of mediumship.

His wife Elisabeth told Two Worlds, of which he was chairman, that he had a peaceful transition.

"George was in a hospice.  It was quiet, dignified and with me beside him holding his hand, exactly as he wanted and as we had discussed in recent months, and my godson Glyn was with us.

Tony Ortzen, Two Worlds' editor and a friend for over 40 years, says it is an honour and a privilege to have been  asked to conduct the funeral service, which George had requested in advance.

It goes on to mention his mediumistic experiences in Cape Town, and his relationship with Eben van der Watt and his Scottish-born wife, Mona, who ran the Little Temple of Spiritual Fellowship, where he sat with materialisation medium Alec Harris.
    "A born writer, Cranley described these and other encounters, which spanned more than half a century, in great detail in the psychic press and also on his website, Zerdini's World (zerdinisworld.com), which showcases impressive evidence for afterlife communication through numerous mediums.

Indeed, well-versed and knowledgeable on the subject of physical mediumship in particular, he was an avid writer and contributed much of interest to various blogs and forums throughout the net (including Spiritlove) detailing his own vast experience/s in the field, writing under the assumed name of 'Zerdini'.  He was (from my perspective anyway) a "tell it like it is/was" character.

His website:  http://zerdinisworld.com/

PS:  Forgive me if wrong (and please correct me if anyone knows differently), but something tells me The Voice Box- (link: http://www.the-voicebox.com/ ) was another website run by George Cranley(?)
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Wed 3 May 2017 - 15:39

I don't recall George ever running that one but Frank Brown runs it presently and says he is the founder...
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Wed 3 May 2017 - 15:40

Nice piece about George. Hope Lis keeps his website running....
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Wed 3 May 2017 - 19:15

mac wrote:I don't recall George ever running that one but Frank Brown runs it presently and says he is the founder...

Oh yes!  Sure, doesn't it tell us just that in the 'About us' page!   duh
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Wed 3 May 2017 - 19:17

"Billy Roberts interviews sceptical ghostbuster Dr Ciarán O’Keeffe"

Did you know that Billy Roberts once made very racist comments, and that Ciaran O'Keeffe helped cover them up, because he was to shortly release a book co-authored with Billy Roberts!

And that is one of the reasons why Ciaran is not respected in the skeptical communities and is pretty much looked at as a sell out and a joke.
    Misty
    Misty

Post by Misty Wed 3 May 2017 - 19:22

JDBP wrote:"Billy Roberts interviews sceptical ghostbuster Dr Ciarán O’Keeffe"

Did you know that Billy Roberts once made very racist comments, and that Ciaran O'Keeffe helped cover them up, because he was to shortly release a book co-authored with Billy Roberts!

In what way did Ciaran help Billy cover up his comments?  They are obviously good friends and still working together.

Recently we have been working together in London on promotional activities for Syfy Channel in connection with the new American TV series The Exorcist, currently being broadcast on Fox.

The piece in PN ends by saying "The second part of Billy Roberts’ interview with Dr Ciarán O’Keeffe will appear in PN February 2017 issue."

No doubt it will be talking about their connection with this current work.
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Wed 3 May 2017 - 19:23

When I exposed Ciaran I got all manner of threats. I thought going after psychics was dangerous work. The skeptics are much worse.

Its all on the BP forum go look
    Misty
    Misty

Post by Misty Wed 3 May 2017 - 19:26

JDBP wrote:

A link would help.

eta - They are friends.  Billy Roberts says so in another article in PN:-
    Because of my past involvement in various exorcisms, I was approached a few months ago by Its Pretty Green, a public relations and branding agency in London, to see if I would take part in filming promotional material for the new American TV series, The Exorcist, to be broadcast on the SYFY Channel.

It was explained that I would be working alongside my friend, UK parapsychologist Dr Ciaran O’Keeffe, and that we would be filmed talking about our experiences with exorcisms.

Although the majority of exorcisms are nothing at all like those depicted by Hollywood, there have been occasions over my 35 years of working as a professional medium, when I have witnessed some grotesque and very frightening exorcisms.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Wed 3 May 2017 - 19:33

Misty wrote:
    JDBP wrote:

A link would help.

Are you sure you REALLY want a link posted here to the Bad Psychics nonsense website?
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Wed 3 May 2017 - 19:36

Misty wrote:
    A link would help.

Here is the racist comment he said to me
    "crawl back to where you came from. You should never have came to the UK, you're most not welcome. Go back home"

Read more: http://moh2005.proboards.com/thread/9523/billy-roberts#ixzz4VIR00p4z

And here is a video of Ciaran O'Keeffe caught cheating on Most Haunted just because
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZJGSi_M7GU
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Wed 3 May 2017 - 19:40

JDBP wrote:
    And here is a video of Ciaran O'Keeffe caught cheating on Most Haunted just because

Cheating on Most Haunted? Cheating? About what one might wonder? That programme is just make-believe for entertainment. Do we say other entertainers on other programmes were "caught cheating"?
    JDBP

Post by JDBP Wed 3 May 2017 - 19:42

mac wrote:
    JDBP wrote:

Cheating on Most Haunted? Cheating? About what one might wonder? That programme is just make-believe for entertainment. Do we say other entertainers on other programmes were "caught cheating"?

Of course you are correct, I should have said he was following direction from Karl Beattie, as to further entertain the audience within an acted part
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Fri 11 Jan 2019 - 0:01

Still catching up with reading, kk, and pleasantly surprised by a couple of articles.

The one about George Cranley was nice to read again and I enjoyed the piece about Isa Northage whose memory is kept alive at the small Pinewoods Church/Sanctuary very close to where I live.

When I get home this spring I'm going to try to remember to see if I can make a visit. The church/centre is in Newstead Abbey grounds where there's an annual 5 mile run through the woods and the abbey and ruins are Byron's former posh pied-a-terre.

Newstead's not a place to make a special trip to see, in my view, as when we visited last a few years ago the grounds were desperately run down and tatty. In better times the formal garden was glorious and the lake beautiful. Nottinghamshire's not the weathiest of counties, though, and it was likely council funding cuts that led to the sad deterioration of a place that used to be lovely. Crying or Very sad
    Misty
    Misty

Post by Misty Mon 14 Jan 2019 - 0:15

I remember a fabulous day out at Newstead Abbey with my family when I was a youngster. I can remember having a really special afternoon tea in the beautiful kitchen. And the peacocks, beautiful but noisy beggars roaming around the grounds, and I remember feeding the swans on the lake. Its a long time since I was a toddler and it was many years ago but that day is still very vivid in my memory. Such a shame to think of that beautiful place left neglected and falling to ruin.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Mon 14 Jan 2019 - 13:50

Misty wrote:I remember a fabulous day out at Newstead Abbey with my family when I was a youngster. I can remember having a really special afternoon tea in the beautiful kitchen. And the peacocks, beautiful but noisy beggars roaming around the grounds, and I remember feeding the swans on the lake. Its a long time since I was a toddler and it was many years ago but that day is still very vivid in my memory. Such a shame to think of that beautiful place left neglected and falling to ruin.

Yeah it's a great shame and we were shocked at how tired and neglected the place had become. It's interesting you mention remembering a time when you were young. I, too, recall one there but for totally different reasons.

We were a typical working-class family and Newstead Abbey was a big day out travelling by service bus to the main gate and then walking the probably mile and a half through the grounds to the Abbey picnic and sightseeing area.

It was a hot summer day spoiled at the end by the most amazing thunderstorm and torrential rain as we walked back to catch the bus. Soaked to the skin with the storm playing around us we eventually made it home and the storm continued into the late evening. There were nearby homes hit and damaged by lightning and reports of ball-ligtning smashing their way through some of them.

As a family for decades later we would reflect about that storm, that visit and we'd talk about summers generally that used to be hot, summers when we THOUGHT we had other such storms at Newstead but I wonder if we actually did? Memory can be very fickle and it's easy to be mistaken but maybe there was a run of hot summers in our neck of the woods?

It all seems such a long time ago, around 65 years I'd guess.
    Misty
    Misty

Post by Misty Wed 16 Jan 2019 - 12:39

Its fascinating the things we remember from our childhood, and the things we forget. Usually there is a trigger of some kind that keeps the thing alive in our memory --- like the memorable bad storm on the day of your family visit to Newstead. You would probably find that if you took part in a memory test and there happened to be a similar bad storm on the day of the test, your memory of that trip would be enhanced and you would remember even more details about your Newstead day trip, things that over the course of time have become buried in your memory.

Fickle??? I dont think so. Complex might be a better description for the memory, and malleable at times depending on circumstances and environment etc.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Wed 16 Jan 2019 - 13:14

Misty wrote:
    Its fascinating the things we remember from our childhood, and the things we forget. Usually there is a trigger of some kind that keeps the thing alive in our memory --- like the memorable bad storm on the day of your family visit to Newstead. You would probably find that if you took part in a memory test and there happened to be a similar bad storm on the day of the test, your memory of that trip would be enhanced and you would remember even more details about your Newstead day trip, things that over the course of time have become buried in your memory.

Fickle??? I dont think so. Complex might be a better description for the memory, and malleable at times depending on circumstances and environment etc.

Our memory is indeed a complex thing. The memories of folk with clear recall - and the ability to corroborate details recalled - impress me most. Without corroboration, of course, there's no way to be sure that apparent memories are actual ones. When I'm relating a distant memory I always say I'm not absolutely sure unless I have an additional way to corroborate the details.

When memory is affected by degenerative disease it can strip away so much of what makes us individuals, often leaving the sufferer lost even in familiar situations and surroundings. Surviving as so many now are into ever older age may not be a joyous thing for them or their families.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 8:50