Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

2 posters

Ego's tricks

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Food for thought Ego's tricks

Post by Candlelight.kk Tue 19 Feb 2019 - 19:13

"One of the great dangers of transformational work is that the ego attempts to sidestep deep psychological work by leaping into the transcendent too soon. This is because the ego always fancies itself much more ‘advanced’ than it actually is."
    -- Don Richard Riso and Russ Hudson

The Tibetan teacher, Chogyam Trungpa, warned of the trap of spiritual materialism. He says we must be ever diligent to spot the ego's use of the spiritual journey to further its own ends.

We may think it's spiritual to yearn for divine connection. And yet, if the longing is to fill an emptiness inside, just how does this differ from the one who yearns for money or possessions to fill the inner void? Do we look to our spiritual practices as proof of our evolved consciousness or as protection against fears?

Any time we use spiritual disciplines to maintain our identity and security, we are not yet on the path of genuine spiritual development.

"Enlightenment is ego's ultimate disappointment."
    -- Chögyam Trungpa

(No, you're not going mad .... I initially posted this in the wrong place - gatecrashed into the 'Communicating without words' thread.  facepalm  - Thanks to Ariel for pointing this out.  At least I know someone is on their toes. pirat )
    ariel
    ariel

Food for thought Re: Ego's tricks

Post by ariel Tue 19 Feb 2019 - 23:25

Candlelight.kk wrote:
    (No, you're not going mad .... I initially posted this in the wrong place - gatecrashed into the 'Communicating without words' thread. facepalm - Thanks to Ariel for pointing this out. At least I know someone is on their toes. pirat )

I did have a bit of a time wondering what this had to do with communicating without words, then I saw the heading. On my toes and wits descrambled. It was just a trick of the ego. Mr. Green

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 2:22