Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

4 posters

Testimony of Light (by Helen Greaves)

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

book Testimony of Light (by Helen Greaves)

Post by Candlelight.kk Mon 14 Jan 2019 - 8:32

Testimony of Light
    by Helen Greaves

This is an excellent book channeled through Helen Greaves by Frances Banks, a former Catholic nun. The two women were close friends during France's lifetime. After her passing Frances began telepathically communicating to Helen with instructions that Helen was to write in book form all that Frances tells her regarding her new experience in her new "world".

It is a clear testimony to the fact that our consciousness goes with us when we leave physical form and our learning continues forever.

Testimony of Light (by Helen Greaves) Grn_re10 arrow  HERE
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

book Re: Testimony of Light (by Helen Greaves)

Post by Candlelight.kk Tue 19 Mar 2019 - 0:11

I came across this little book, 'Testimony of Light', by sheer accident (or was it ? ... with hindsight now, I'm not so sure ...), on an empty seat of a London bus, about 12-13 years ago.  On my way home from work, it was raining hard that day and although at the time I lived just a 15-minutes walk from where I worked, the bus came along just as I was passing the stop, so I decided to hop on and let it take me the 3 stops to home.  I picked up this little paperback which I found sitting on the empty seat beside me, opened up at a page somewhere in the middle and my first thought was not something I would be interested in; it looked to be a bit 'heavy going', and didn't really mean anything to me, but anyhow stuffed it in my bag.  A few days later, however, out of curiosity, I began reading it - from the beginning this time Mr. Green , and that little book turned out to be something of a life-changer for me.  With every page I turned I found more and more answers to questions that I didn't even know I had!  I had actually found within those pages a realisation, a comprehension as to some of the mysteries of life (and death)!  I had literally come to an understanding about things that I had never really thought about before.

ETA:  That's weird ... I actually had to go back and edit my post, as for some reason I had written up there "on the empty seat beside him (where I meant to say beside me)!   Spooky .....  What a Face
    Misty
    Misty

Post by Misty Tue 19 Mar 2019 - 11:48

Candlelight.kk wrote:I came across this little book, 'Testimony of Light', by sheer accident (or was it ? ... with hindsight now, I'm not so sure ...), on an empty seat of a London bus, about 12-13 years ago.  On my way home from work, it was raining hard that day and although at the time I lived just a 15-minutes walk from where I worked, the bus came along just as I was passing the stop, so I decided to hop on and let it take me the 3 stops to home.  I picked up this little paperback which I found sitting on the empty seat beside me, opened up at a page somewhere in the middle and my first thought was not something I would be interested in; it looked to be a bit 'heavy going', and didn't really mean anything to me, but anyhow stuffed it in my bag.  A few days later, however, out of curiosity, I began reading it - from the beginning this time Mr. Green , and that little book turned out to be something of a life-changer for me.  With every page I turned I found more and more answers to questions that I didn't even know I had!  I had actually found within those pages a realisation, a comprehension as to some of the mysteries of life (and death)!  I had literally come to an understanding about things that I had never really thought about before.

ETA:  That's weird ... I actually had to go back and edit my post, as for some reason I had written up there "on the empty seat beside him (where I meant to say beside me)!   Spooky .....  What a Face  

Wow. drunken  thanks for sharing this kk.   thanks  Spooky!  Yes!
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Wed 20 Mar 2019 - 18:23

Candlelight.kk wrote:Testimony of Light
    by Helen Greaves

This is an excellent book channeled through Helen Greaves by Frances Banks, a former Catholic nun. The two women were close friends during France's lifetime. After her passing Frances began telepathically communicating to Helen with instructions that Helen was to write in book form all that Frances tells her regarding her new experience in her new "world".

It is a clear testimony to the fact that our consciousness goes with us when we leave physical form and our learning continues forever.

Clicking on the 'HERE' placeholder above just brings me back to this thread..... confused
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Wed 20 Mar 2019 - 18:30

by Helen Greaves

I like this kind of account of personal experiences after passing over because they're irrefutable but I'm wary of anyone presenting philosophical points solely based on their experiences.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Wed 20 Mar 2019 - 22:54

mac wrote:
    Clicking on the 'HERE' placeholder above just brings me back to this thread..... confused

Sorry, mac - just noticed this post now.  The above is working for me and clicking on the 'HERE' placeholder takes me straight to the printed read format of the book.

I'm thinking, perhaps, you tried it earlier on today(?) - when there was a global Javascript problem throughout all the Forumotion forums.  Anything involving a script (as in the placeholder above) was affected, as were some YouTube videos.  (I did post an information message about this issue, assuring that Support were aware of the problem and were looking into it - but have since (about an hour ago) deleted that message, as the issue has now been resolved).

So, if you try again, clicking [the 'HERE' placeholder] should now do what it's supposed to do.

(If it is still not working for you - please let me know!)
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 3:56

Thanks for trying, kk, but it still doesn't take me anywhere different - I end up here in the same posting or a blank page if I right click and elect to open the link in a new window.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 11:12

mac wrote:Thanks for trying, kk, but it still doesn't take me anywhere different - I end up here in the same posting or a blank page if I right click and elect to open the link in a new window.

Very strange, because I have no problem with it.  You have no need to right-click, btw, as it automatically opens in a new page anyway - a pdf view.  (The first page is the title page, which may appear to be blank at first glance; you just need to scroll down to middle of the page).  That is just page 1 of 105 pages (large print, so easy reading.  "Just because you don't see something, doesn't mean it's not there"  Smile

Here is the link taken out of it's holder:  http://www.jhardaker.plus.com/pdf/Testimony%20of%20Light.pdf
    I have just tested it by putting it in my browser search bar and it came up straight away.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 13:27

I found exactly the same this morning, kk, even with the bare address - using Firefox as my browser, the one I usually use.  But I ran it in Chrome and the book opened immediately.  Looks like the browser is the problem - thanks for keeping at it.  I've downloaded the book to read later.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Fri 22 Mar 2019 - 21:59

I've already read many pages, kk, and I'm very much enjoying it.   Smile  

Thanks for a great recommendation   thumb   I'm sure you won't mind my passing it on to members in 'my other place'.  (ALF)
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Fri 22 Mar 2019 - 22:38

mac wrote:I've already read many pages, kk, and I'm very much enjoying it.   Smile  

Thanks for a great recommendation   thumb   I'm sure you won't mind my passing it on to members in 'my other place'.  (ALF)

Not at all, mac.  Smile

Glad you're enjoying the book, as I did.  It will be good to hear the opinions of other readers.  I suspect there may be some 'poetic licence' inserted in parts (perhaps some added frilling from the mind of the living author), to make the book commercially viable, but the heart of the content sits well and compares favourably with much of what is gleaned from various reliable sources.
    evergreen
    evergreen

Post by evergreen Wed 3 Apr 2019 - 12:36

by Helen Greaves

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. 
    Thanks for providing that opportunity here, when otherwise I would not have heard of it. thanks

btw, I love the annotated quotation you have set here in the Library description.

“Read not to contradict and confute; nor to believe and take for granted; nor to find talk and discourse; but to weigh and consider.” (Francis Bacon)

My philosophy too. Cool

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 5:50