Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

5 posters

Love

lar-lar
    lar-lar

Love Empty Love

Post by lar-lar Mon 15 May 2017 - 21:21

30 Sep 2008

Love Love

Love Love

Love Holdinghands

Love P9260093
    Feather
    Feather

Love Empty Re: Love

Post by Feather Mon 15 May 2017 - 21:22

30 Sep 2008, 22:22

Lovely idea for a thread, rainbows. Here's a few I came across-----

Love 1214770919EtWZXxh

Love 1219900880pdi49R1-1

Love Icon_reimg_loadingLove 1221238568GhBykCg

Love 1221775487kkWeG9Z-1

Love 12219211192Cy4R99

Love Icon_reimg_loadingLove 1222011308awU5CVA

Love 1214647516lJ6YBWcjpg-1

Love 1216905179w32B3cn-1
    lar-lar
    lar-lar

Post by lar-lar Mon 15 May 2017 - 21:27

lovely.look at the face of that cat with the monkey  lol [image no longer available]

Love TenderLove1

Love Lydias2ndBirthday21

Love Bigdoglilcat

Love S474
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Mon 15 May 2017 - 21:32

01 Oct 2008, 00:47

Love Love
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Mon 15 May 2017 - 21:34

01 Oct 2008, 10:14

Ooooops---I mean lar-lar!

Love 1219460468cHmQiUb

Love 12203377344U4Udxz

Love 1217135136wXAmhqZ

Love 1220297783HV3JYlU

Love Icon_reimg_loadingLove 1221675804rqZclyA

Love 1221764475rSMMRug

Love October013

Love Icon_reimg_loadingLove 1221664224TTUARm9
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Mon 15 May 2017 - 21:39

01 Oct 2008, 14:41

Light of our lives
    Overwhelming in its passionate intensity
    Vibrant, warm and comforting
    Everlasting.

Love 06
    lar-lar
    lar-lar

Post by lar-lar Mon 15 May 2017 - 21:41

04 Nov 2008, 01:33

True Stories.

He Posted a Plea
    On a Sunday evening last November, Patrick Moberg, 21, a website developer, was in the Union Square subway station in New York City. "Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed this girl," he says. "She had bright blue shorts and dark blue tights and a flower in the back of her hair." New York's fun if you're a guy -- the city's lousy with gorgeous women. But this one was different. She was his perfect girl.

When the number 5 train pulled into the station, the two got on. "I was enthralled," he says. "I noticed details like her braided hair and that she was writing in a pad. I couldn't shake the desire to talk to her."
    Shot on location at the New York Transit Museum; Hair and Makeup: Andrea Cambridge; Photographed by Andrew Brusso
    Patrick Moberg created a website in order to find the dream girl that he saw in passing on the subway one night.
    Taking a deep breath, he headed her way. Just then the train pulled into the Bowling Green station. The doors opened, a rush of humanity swarmed in, and then suddenly, she was gone.

He considered giving chase, but there's a fine line between blind love and stalking. He thought of plastering the station with posters. Then a brainstorm: the Internet. "It seemed less encroaching," he says. "I didn't want to puncture her comfort zone."

That night, the world had a new website: nygirlofmydreams.com. On it, Patrick declared, "I Saw the Girl of My Dreams on the Subway Tonight." He drew a picture of the girl etched in his mind, along with a portrait of himself with this disclaimer pointed at his head: "Not insane."

The website spread virally, and soon he had thousands of leads. Some were cranks, and some were women offering themselves in case he struck out.

Two days later, he got an e-mail from someone claiming to know the girl. He even supplied a photo. It was her. She was an Australian interning at a magazine, and her name was Camille. And she wanted to meet too.

It seemed less encroaching ... I didn’t want to puncture her comfort zone. Their first meeting was awkward. And why not? It was set up by Good Morning America. Like the rest of the media, GMA saw a great love story and pounced. But being sucked into a media maelstrom isn't necessarily conducive to a nascent love affair. "There was a lot of uncertainty on how to act around each other," Patrick said. And in the back of Camille's mind, a nagging thought: Who is this guy? The media circus eventually moved on, giving the two a chance to talk without a microphone present.

"Everything I found out about her was another wonderful thing," says Patrick. She was smart, funny and a big personality, a nice fit for this shy guy. "And," he continues quietly, "we've been hanging out together every day since."

Thinking back, he sighs. "It's amazing everything went without a hitch."

.......*****..................................................********................................

He Got Her Jazzed
    "I really can't think of anybody who wouldn't appreciate being met at the airport by a jazz band," says writer Calvin Trillin. "I suppose there might be some people who are in the witness protection program."

But Calvin's wife, Alice, wasn't some hood in hiding, and she would, he knew, most definitely love being feted by a jazz band.
    Courtesy Calvin Trillin
    Humor was the bond between Calvin and Alice Trillin.
    The year was 1972, and Calvin was in Louisiana covering a crawfish festival. Back in New York, Alice's parents were both ill, and she was coming down for some much-needed R&R. Calvin wanted to cheer her up. He called a friend at Preservation Hall about getting a band. But Jazz Fest was in full swing. All the good ones were booked. So he took what was left.

When Alice's flight landed, she deplaned and walked smack into a wall of sound -- brass, to be exact -- tooting a rousing rendition of "Hello, Dolly!" For her. And she laughed.

"She saw it as a grand gesture. And I don't think she cared that the cornet player was actually an antiques dealer." In fact, he wasn't even from Cajun country. He hailed from London. And the trombone player? Norwegian. They happened to be in town for the festival.

Calvin and Alice strolled arm in arm through the terminal, trailed by their personal band blasting out standards. Along the way, passengers fell in behind and began second-lining all the way to the baggage area.

"Usually not the most interesting of times, waiting for your bags," says Calvin. "But they kept playing."

Alice died a few years ago, but Calvin clings to the memory of that day. "She was a very engaged person," he says. "Having a jazz band meet her fit her personality."

So what if he couldn't land a Satchmo or a Wynton Marsalis? As Calvin reminds us, "Imperfect gestures are still nice gestures."
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Mon 15 May 2017 - 21:43

09 Nov 2008, 22:17

I love it up here.
    Love 1222883491LMY53dt

Don't be afraid. I'm with you always.
    Love 1222856237mb5gtre

You make my life complete.
    Love Icon_reimg_loadingLove 1220243494c6BBG98-1

"Come-fly with me."
    Love 1222114678prfhypu

Why does nobody love ME?
    Love 1215675539MyXYKgt

Love you. Joey baby.
    Love 122231663012hHNAY
    jiffy
    jiffy

Post by jiffy Mon 15 May 2017 - 21:50

14 Dec 2008, 17:56

Child's Definition of LOVE.

A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds, "What does love mean?" The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined. See what you think:

"When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love." Rebecca - age 8

When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth." Billy - age 4

"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other." Karl - age 5

"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs." Chrissy - age 6

"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired." Terri - age 4

Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK." Danny - age 7

"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss" Emily - age 8

"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen," Bobby - age 7 (Wow!)

"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate," Nikka - age 6

"There are two kinds of love. Our love. God's love. But God makes both kinds of them." Jenny - age 8

"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday." Noelle - age 7

"Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well." Tommy - age 6

"During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore," Cindy - age 8

"My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night." Clare - age 6

"Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken." Elaine -age 5

"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford." Chris - age 7

"Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day." Mary Ann - age 4

"I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones." Lauren - age 4

"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you." Karen - age 7

"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy on the toilet and she doesn't think it's gross." Mark - age 6

"You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget," Jessica - age 8

Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once talked about a contest he was asked to judge. The purpose of the contest was to find the most caring child. The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there. When his Mother asked him what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy said, "Nothing, I just helped him cry."
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Mon 15 May 2017 - 21:55

10 Nov 2016, 19:59

Feather wrote:
    Lovely idea for a thread, rainbows. Here's a few I came across-----

Love Icon_reimg_loadingLove 1221238568GhBykCg

Loved looking through those posts again, and that one is my favourite photo. happyheart

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024 - 5:10