Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

+6
elly
liz
Candlelight.kk
lar-lar
louby loo
Stardust
10 posters

Elusive dreams

Stardust
    Stardust

Elusive dreams Empty Elusive dreams

Post by Stardust Sat 13 May 2017 - 1:31

23 Jan 2008 05:57 pm

I dreamt I answered the door and my mother was there. She handed me something, but when I awoke I couldn't remember what it was, although I have the impression it was something important. This is frustrating me but I simply cannot recall what she gave me. She passed some years ago.
    louby loo
    louby loo

Elusive dreams Empty Re: Elusive dreams

Post by louby loo Sat 13 May 2017 - 1:33

28 Jan 2008 07:52 pm

yeah me to stardust i had a dream like that came down stairs and my mum and dad was sat there said we have something real important to tell me go and get ray(thats my hubby by the way )i ran upstairs to get him then i woke up i was actually waking my hubby and he had the exact dream and was just entering the room with me and i woke him up how strange we have never done that since it was about two years ago i kicked myself all day louby x
    lar-lar
    lar-lar

Post by lar-lar Sat 13 May 2017 - 1:34

28 Jan 2008 11:19 pm

looby,gosh!did exactly the same thing happen two yrs ago then?
    louby loo
    louby loo

Post by louby loo Sat 13 May 2017 - 1:36

31 Jan 2008 12:32 am

hi lar confused do ya mean the same happened to you two years ago ??  Embarassed excuse me if i read it wrong been working all day and night fingers worn brain asleep  Embarassed Embarassed love louby xx
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 13 May 2017 - 1:40

31 Jan 2008 01:13 am

Wow Looby. That was fascinating. But why did you kick yourself all day - because you didn't hear what the important thing was? The way I understand it they meant you to wake Ray up at that moment, so he could confirm he was having the same 'dream' too - it was to let you know that they are still around, and that they're both together. That WAS the important thing they had to tell you, and to let you know that they were able to contact you as well. If it was only you that had the dream and you told Ray about it then you might be inclined to look on it as just a dream, and if you hadnt woken Ray at that precise time he would not have remembered his dream when he woke up later on.
    What a marvelous experience for you.
    liz
    liz

Post by liz Sat 13 May 2017 - 1:41

31 Jan 2008 12:05 pm

stardust and lou, they were lovely dreams something to treasure and remember.x
    louby loo
    louby loo

Post by louby loo Sat 13 May 2017 - 1:43

31 Jan 2008 11:57 pm

hi cat thankyou so much it was worth the wait to recieve my answer from you 2yrs on. love raggyxxxxx  lol
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 13 May 2017 - 1:45

01 Feb 2008 01:28 am

Stardust, I reckon was the same for you - it was a special "dream visit" that you had. How you can tell if your loved ones are actually visiting you in your dreams, rather than you just dreaming about them is that in a "visit" there will always be a barrier of some sort between you and your loved one - could be a door, a curtain (veil), a river ... something like that, and your loved ones will be on the other side of that barrier. You are not aloud to cross it, but sometimes they are able to come through that barrier for a brief time. You may sometimes see an open doorway somewhere behind them in that "dream" - beyond that is where they dwell. The joy experienced by the spirit soul in being able to make that direct contact with you has no end. They really just want us to know that they still exist and to be able to bring their love through to us.
    In your case Stardust it was the door, your mother knocked on that door in her attempt to let you know she could see you - and bless! you answered! How happy that must have made her. What she handed you was her love and best of all the knowledge that she was still around you.
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Sat 13 May 2017 - 1:46

01 Feb 2008 07:44 am

Thank you Liz and Candlelight. I hadn't seen it the way you've explained the dream Candlelight, but it makes sense and I feel much happier about it.
    elly
    elly

Post by elly Sat 13 May 2017 - 1:48

01 Feb 2008 11:36 am

that makes sense about a dream i had last september ,
    it was my mums birthday the first since she had gone i had been to the cemetry gave her her cards and flowers ,then went to sleep . i remember being at my bedroom window and my mum walking past the house with a birthday cake in her hands with my nana .
    they stopped ouside our house looked up and waved to me ,what makes it real for me is my husband said he woke to see me stood at the window waving like mad but there was no=one there,so the window was my barrier
    liz
    liz

Post by liz Sat 13 May 2017 - 1:49

01 Feb 2008 12:46 pm

nice calming effect from your avatar elly,best one yet...
    lynneandjohn
    lynneandjohn

Post by lynneandjohn Sat 13 May 2017 - 1:51

01 Feb 2008 10:59 pm

hi candlelight, have had 4 clear visitations myself whilst asleep. my husband has visited my 3 times and always in the hallway, they wer'e in the first months of losing him. the first two he was trying to stay and connect with me but was too weak. on the 3rd i dreamt i was bust upstairs when i heard keys being placed on the fire surround. didtinctively johns keys as they werr'e heavy and he would alwaysplace them there. i ran downstairs and he was there, grinning at the way i pelted down the stairs. i was aware he had passed but i hugged him and he was solid and warm. i said"this is real, you are here, i'm not dreaming this is real". he hugged me so hard and sighed the most happiest of sighs. he looked younger and well. i kissed him and his lips were warm too i can't emphasise enough how real this was. he then faded and i woke up devastated as i was so sure he was alive. i then realised he had visited me and i feel so Smile blessed.
    the 4th visit was when i was lay in bed and i was just drifting off or had just gone to sleep when i turned to my right and john was watching me, he was smiling again and i could just see his face, it was about a foot away from mine. he said as clear as a bell"your a good wife", he then leaned over me and hugged me and then he faded.
    these are so different to dreams, they are so real and vivid, and feel totally different. you just know they have visited and feel elated.
    in these visits there was no barrier between us, yet i know that john visited me. i bouhgt jackie newcombs angel books after this and there are other peoples accounts of visits without barriersand some with.
    could it be a falasy (hope iv'e got the right word), that visits always contain barriers. i just know without a shadow of a doubt that mine wer'e visits from john, but don't want to sound like i'm dismissing your thoughts or opinion on this. thanks candlelight love lynne
    lynneandjohn
    lynneandjohn

Post by lynneandjohn Sat 13 May 2017 - 1:52

01 Feb 2008 11:04 pm

sorry about my spelling on last post, must check in future, i was BUSY not BUST and forgot to say that when john spoke he did'nt move his lips, the words were said in my head, as clear as day and which you normally forget when you wake. :D :D :D
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 13 May 2017 - 1:55

01 Feb 2008 11:22 pm

Hi Lynne, I believe you're truly been blessed where what you've actually experienced is John has actually come through that barrier to connect with you directly, [bless] (there will have been one, not always visible to you, mind) and quite honestly experiencing what you did I think that would be the very last thing you would notice anyway - any sort of "barrier").
    I know exactly what you mean about the hug and the warmth, because I've had this too from my mother, the most wonderful feeling that goes right through your whole being, words can't really describe...
    In my dream I was first in a dazzling white room with nothing in it at all (except a door frame with no door in it). As I started to move towards this door, suddenly there was a piano in front of me so I stopped and thought oh I want to play the piano. Started to play and it was one of my mum's favourite songs "Isle of Inisfree", I started singing the words - and then heard another voice join in with me (my mum's voice) first seemed far away and then got closer and louder and we were both singing away together. The words "I've met some folks who say that I'm a dreamer, and I've no doubt there's truth in what they say, but sure a body's bound to be a dreamer when all the things he loves are far away, and precious things are dreams unto an exile, they take him o'er the land across the sea...". Then the singing stopped and I looked up and there she was, my mother standing beside the piano (the open doorway behind her) and that's when she gave me the most wonderful hug, which I can still feel to this day.
    lynneandjohn
    lynneandjohn

Post by lynneandjohn Sat 13 May 2017 - 1:56

01 Feb 2008 11:39 pm

how lovely candlelight, a really beautiful visit from your mum and the words of the song, so fitting.

thanks for explaining this as i was confused but not doubtful for one second as i know they were visits from my husband and i feel so lucky everday as i can remember then as fresh and clear as when he visited. it that's overwhelming feeling of love and euphoria that makes you "know", it is increadible. so glad you have had this too. we are very fortunate and when i think john broke through them barriers so to speak, is just so what he would do to get to me. thanks candlelight. thanks john, luv you lynne
    liz
    liz

Post by liz Sat 13 May 2017 - 1:58

02 Feb 2008 01:48 pm

Beautiful experiences for you candlelight and lynne,
    Lynne isn't it lovely you have come such a long way since you first started posting,I am so glad for you.xxx
    lynneandjohn
    lynneandjohn

Post by lynneandjohn Sat 13 May 2017 - 2:00

02 Feb 2008 03:42 pm

thanks liz, yes i have been very fortunate and have such a strong soul connection to my hubby that i know he is around me often. i also know my friends here and the other forums have guided me and have given me strentgh. i will always grieve and ache for john but to "know" he is with me so comforting and wonderful. to not have this would be unbearable and i wish others who don't soon will. love lynne
    lar-lar
    lar-lar

Post by lar-lar Sat 13 May 2017 - 2:02

04 Feb 2008 11:45 pm

lou...i meant ...what did you and hubby do 2 yrs ago..have the same dream?
    lynneandjohn
    lynneandjohn

Post by lynneandjohn Sat 13 May 2017 - 2:03

05 Feb 2008 10:20 am

hi lar-lar, lou meant that the experience was 2 years ago. it has happened once. lou is a star and she will laugh cos i always pull her leg about her english. lol lol lol
    lar-lar
    lar-lar

Post by lar-lar Sat 13 May 2017 - 2:05

06 Feb 2008 02:42 am

i get it now thankyou.

ive had a couple of visitations through dreams from people in spirit ive known.I just know this is what they are.lynne,thankyou for telling us about yours,very moving.
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Sat 13 May 2017 - 2:06

31 Mar 2008 06:01 pm

Last week I dreamt of the Queen. I don't remember most of the dream or what was happening around us but the Queen was sitting down, very sad and upset, with her head bowed and I could feel her sadness in my own heart so I crouched down in front of her, put my arms around her and gave her a big warm comforting hug. That's when I woke up.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 13 May 2017 - 2:08

31 Mar 2008 06:20 pm

Wonder what that can mean, Stardust.
    Could you tell what she was wearing?
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Sat 13 May 2017 - 2:09

31 Mar 2008 06:48 pm

A long flared dress or robe, no crown I think. She was completely dejected and overcome (with grief ?) hands in her lap, leaning forward in her seat with her head bowed down. I could feel the heart-heaviness of her echoed in myself and needed to hold and comfort her as you would your own mother. I can't remember what happened before that part of the dream though because that last part had such a profound impact on me that it woke me up and the rest of the dream was gone in a flash. I can still feel the sadness of it now when I think of the dream.
    Shades of Blue

Post by Shades of Blue Sat 13 May 2017 - 2:12

11 Apr 2008 01:34 am

Thanks for sharing those dreams Lynne. Every story like this deserves to be told!

I have a thing for dreams, it seems to me that I have received certain messages in the past (I hope to share these later) besides receiving visits from passed family and friends. I have had more than a handful of surreal premonitive dreams too, but what is bothering me at the moment is that I often have dreams where people are playing football. Now I do like football but I am certainly not a 'true' football supporter and I don't get too carried away with it although I support my team passionately...

...anyway to the point, I am not sure if these dreams coincide with the start of a period of stress and worry at work, but at least 4, maybe 5 times in the past few months I have had dreams where I am playing football or where other people are playing football. Considering I have only dreamed of football or any other sport a few times in my whole life, I find this odd and something is nagging at me that there is a message. I am frustrated, because I have had this 'something nagging' before and it was right...once again I have no idea where this leads....can anyone shed any light?
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 13 May 2017 - 2:15

11 Apr 2008 08:35 am

Hi Shades of Blue,
    Are you able to remember more detail in your football dreams? ... like which team you're playing for (Shades of Blue?? could be a crucial difference in meaning there [Only admins are allowed to see this image] )

No, but seriously, what position are you playing in the dream? Are you aiming for the goal? Are you on the defence? Are you tackling your opponents? Offside? I don't know the technical terms for all the positions in football but if you think about it, could have specific meaning there. Does the dream always end in the same way (at the same stage when you wake?)
    lynneandjohn
    lynneandjohn

Post by lynneandjohn Sat 13 May 2017 - 2:17

11 Apr 2008 09:29 am

hi shades of blue and welcome. i'm glad you enjoyed my post on my visitations. i wish i could shed some light on your dreams. could it perhaps mean you are about to face a challenge where you have to be one step ahead(i was going to say on the ball, but didn't want to sound rude  Embarassed ). are you trying to gain control oversomething which represents the ball in football, but you keep losing it. just some thoughts. hope it becomes clear soon. luv lynne
    lar-lar
    lar-lar

Post by lar-lar Sat 13 May 2017 - 2:18

13 Apr 2008 01:26 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image] thanks for the giggle there lynne!

Have you made notes shades of blue about these dreams,maybe more will come to light over the next few months on this.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 13 May 2017 - 2:24

27 Apr 2008 11:03 am

Had any more football dreams, Shades of Blue?

Are they anything like this?

Goalie chases ref round the field -
    Admin note: [ Video no longer available - which is unfortunate, because it was hilarious gigle  ]
    lar-lar
    lar-lar

Post by lar-lar Sat 13 May 2017 - 2:26

27 Apr 2008 11:03 pm

golly! Shocked
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Sat 13 May 2017 - 2:27

21 Aug 2008 12:03 pm

I dreamt somebody very dear to me had passed away. Now I'm worried.
    liz
    liz

Post by liz Sat 13 May 2017 - 2:29

11 Sep 2008 09:57 pm

Stardust,they say when you dream of a death,you will hear of a birth so don't worry about it.x
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Sat 13 May 2017 - 2:31

21 Oct 2010 11:30 am

I wonder if our old friends ever look in here any more and how they all are.

I've been waking up every morning lately knowing I've had a happy dream but without remembering what or who. That is so frustrating. But it's nice to wake up smiling.  very happy
    Pixie1970
    Pixie1970

Post by Pixie1970 Sat 13 May 2017 - 2:33

03 Nov 2010 09:28 am

I had a dream involving my dad last night or early hours of the morning but I can remember it. I was dreaming away about something which I dont remember and then the dream switched, I was told to climb up some stairs and go into a room it looked like a bit of an old fashioned pub ( a spitoonie type with wooden floors) there were two men sat down on a bench but I couldn't see their faces. I heard a womans voice saying that two lives would be changed. I looked at one man and his facial features started to emerge but I didn't recognise him, I looked at the second man and there was my dad smiling away at me. I was aware in my dream that my dad is dead but I threw myself at him and hugged him. The hug felt real. He looked so well but he didn't speak to me...I rarely dream of him but I love it when I do. I dont know if it was a visitation dream or not and it doesn't really matter if it wasn't , it was special either way.

It has since occured to me.....what if it was a visitation dream and someone else somewhere was having the same dream at the same time but the other man who I didn't recognise was their relative and my dad was the unrecognisable one?  hmm Mr. Green
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Sat 13 May 2017 - 2:35

03 Nov 2010 10:15 am

I guess we'll never know the answer to that one, Pixie. Some of my dreams stay with me all of the next day. My recurring dream is not a happy experience so I'm often a bit down afterwards. I think I need to consult a dream specialist to find out why this one repeats and repeats. It's like a meal of liver and onions!!!
    Pixie1970
    Pixie1970

Post by Pixie1970 Sat 13 May 2017 - 2:37

03 Nov 2010 01:32 pm

Feather wrote:
    I guess we'll never know the answer to that one, Pixie. Some of my dreams stay with me all of the next day. My recurring dream is not a happy experience so I'm often a bit down afterwards. I think I need to consult a dream specialist to find out why this one repeats and repeats. It's like a meal of liver and onions!!!

Without knowing the details of the dream.....maybe it's something that happened to you long ago which you have suppressed? Is it exactly the same each time? Or is it like a recurring dream of something like a plane crash but with different scenarios?

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024 - 20:40