Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

+2
Candlelight.kk
lar-lar
6 posters

Positive Thinking

lar-lar
    lar-lar

Positive Thinking Empty Positive Thinking

Post by lar-lar Fri 12 May 2017 - 17:30

17 Jul 2008 08:36 pm

As a fan of this and often doing it myself,thought i would share some of the things i do.
    Most nights before i sleep i think of all the nice things that day...sometimes ive surprised mysef thinking there wasnt any,but when you really think many soon come to mind.  very happy
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Positive Thinking Empty Re: Positive Thinking

Post by Candlelight.kk Fri 12 May 2017 - 17:32

17 Jul 2008 09:19 pm

Funny you should say that, lar-lar. Positive thinking has always been my way, even in the direst of situations (and there have been MANY of those - far too many to even think of now) but I've always kept the positive optimistic outlook - until once ... 2 years ago to be precise to this month. One day it just left me, I found myself at the lowest ebb I could ever have thought possible - and I could not, no matter hard I tried, bring myself back up. I dismissed every positive experience there was and for once in my life I was focusing 100% on all things negative. Hopeless... the only time ever that I stopped believing in myself, and questioned my very existence.

It was at that very point that something happened to turn my life around - THAT was the point that I had my visit from spirit - and got a very definite positive answer to my very desperate negative question.
    lynneandjohn
    lynneandjohn

Post by lynneandjohn Fri 12 May 2017 - 17:33

17 Jul 2008 09:59 pm

positive thinking is something i am trying to harness all the time lately. it does so help to look at things from every angle to see there are pluses as well as minuses.
    after going on holiday lately it sent me downwards as it was hard to bare without john. exposing yourself to more pain and boy it was tough. only an hour ago i realised that it has made me all the stronger as the experience albeit painful had a purpose too in that i had an obstacle to overcome and came through it in one piece, just. at the time you just feel pain but without realising it you are healing and becoming stronger because of it in the long term.
    Misty
    Misty

Post by Misty Fri 12 May 2017 - 17:34

17 Jul 2008 10:21 pm

i can relate to that too.Something that happened-that i thought the most unhappy and down i could ever be. but now i know if that something didnt happen I wouldve missed out on the best thing that ever happened to me. and now i understand why
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Fri 12 May 2017 - 17:37

17 Jul 2008 10:55 pm

I think if you're basically a nervous person who is well acquainted with fear, it is harder to be positive. I know it's the right way to be but sometimes it's impossible. I've had clinical depression twice in my life and nothing could change my negativity. I would lie in bed at night and try to think of happy things but the sad or frightening things just kept coming back. This is the difference between just feeling down or low and the clinical kind which is caused by lack of the chemical, seratonin in the brain.It's the chemical which the brain should produce to give you the "feel good" factor. If that's not happening,no amount of attempting to feel positive will make the slightest difference. Only counselling and antidepressants can help and even with both, it can still take months or years before you are capable of looking on the bright side of life. The depression leads to floods of tears and the fear leads to panic attacks.

Sorry to spout all that out but I think it's relevant here. I'm glad to add that I'm not like that these days and I do relish the good things in my life. The tendancy to depression is, to a certain extent, hereditary but can hit anyone especially during or after a long spell of anguish or difficulty.
    It's OK. I'm still lol Smile
    lar-lar
    lar-lar

Post by lar-lar Fri 12 May 2017 - 17:40

17 Jul 2008 11:38 pm

good point that...
    I knew someone who was clinically depressed and it seemed an effort just to be alive never mind go through rituals of positive thinking.But i dont have a good knowledge of that type of depression but i just wonder if it maybe has helped even the worse of the worse i dont know.
    And oh boy,im not going to moan here but ive had to put it into practice so much  Rolling Eyes
    For the first time i read the comments tonight on find maddie webpage and i come away too sad  Sad it did make me thankful for what i do have. Smile
    louby loo
    louby loo

Post by louby loo Fri 12 May 2017 - 17:41

18 Jul 2008 11:27 pm

funny lar you should bring up this topic my friends goes mad at me possitive she always says and yes so true this works good points lar loobs xx