Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Share

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 566

Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by JDBP on Tue 09 May 2017, 18:31

05 Mar 2015


Synopsis:
In 1917, Frances Griffiths arrives in Yorkshire to stay with her uncle Arthur Wright (Paul McGann), his wife, Polly, and daughter Elsie. Elsie and Frances assert that they have seen fairies while playing in the garden, and produce photographs of them which are authenticated by an expert. The pictures attract the attention of author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Peter O'Toole), who believes them to be genuine, and escapologist Harry Houdini (Harvey Keitel), who is sceptical. Before long, journalist John Ferret (Tim McInnerny) is investigating the girls' photographs, determined to prove that they are fakes.

Review By JDBP:
Many of you will know the story of the The Cottingley Fairies, if you don't, this is the true story of Fairies that appear in a series of five photographs taken by Elsie Wright and Frances Griffiths, two young cousins who lived in Cottingley, near Bradford in England in 1917.

Now when I say true story, the photos were faked by the children, but at the time they fooled many people including the creator of Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Well this film is a dramatisation of that story, but with some fantasy elements too.

It is a lovely family film, and even has Harry Houdini in it! Well an actor playing the part I should say.

The film is pretty close to the real story, but of course this is a family fantasy film, so we get to see some "real" fairies in this.

As a hagared old cynic, I really expected to hate this film, more so cause its the kind of film you would see on TV at Christmas, but I really enjoyed it, and I am happy to admit that. Perfect family viewing, kids will love it, adults will appreciate the story, and old cynics like me will even enjoy it.

Truly a film for everyone, young and old.
I give Fairytale: A True Story, a solid 9/10

Watch Trailer and find out more info at
http://www.beentothemovies.com/2015/03/fairytale-true-story-review-by-jon.html
avatar
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Female
Location : London
Posts : 2134
Points : 3645

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 09 May 2017, 18:33

05 Mar 2015


Lovely film. With Peter O'Toole and Paul McGann, of course, it can't go wrong.

The film was actually shown on TV some time ago. I remember thinking at the time that it was a rather strange choice to have Peter O'Toole portray Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - but of course Peter pulled it off very well. Great actor - one of my favourites.
avatar
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Female
Location : London
Posts : 2134
Points : 3645

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 09 May 2017, 18:35

07 Mar 2015

You can watch the full movie

here

Fairytale:  A True Story


(Version 1)

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 566

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by JDBP on Tue 09 May 2017, 18:37

07 Mar 2015

Dont post streaming links! That is theft!
avatar
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Female
Location : London
Posts : 2134
Points : 3645

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 09 May 2017, 18:43

07 Mar 2015


JDBP wrote:
Dont post streaming links! That is theft!


What're you on about, JD? That is a perfectly legitimately published online link giving access to watch the movie. It is not a download.
Where does "theft" come into that?

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 566

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by JDBP on Tue 09 May 2017, 18:45

07 Mar 2015

Its Putlocker! Its not a legitimate link, they are famous for allowing pirated film!
The fact it is free is the clue here
avatar
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Female
Location : London
Posts : 2134
Points : 3645

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 09 May 2017, 18:47

07 Mar 2015

JDBP wrote:
The fact it is free


It is indeed - and I always say THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE.

What are you - the Freedom Police or something? I've used Putlocker many times before. What's the worst thing that can happen here? The link might go blank when someone realises they're losing out on a few pence here and there because people are not paying to watch their film in the cinema or on DVD? This is the era of the Internet. This is a fact that these big companies have simply got to adjust to. They might not like it but that's just too bad - it's reality.
Now, climb down off your little box and come and visit my [FREE] cinema while you've still got the chance.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 566

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by JDBP on Tue 09 May 2017, 18:49

08 Mar 2015


I am just saying that you are linking to pirated material.
You may not see anything wrong in that, but you are taking away money from peoples livings.

Obviously as a fake psychic you have no morals or ethics, but some of us do, and some of us prefer to pay for things.
avatar
Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female
Posts : 291
Points : 508

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by Misty on Tue 09 May 2017, 18:51

08 Mar 2015


Why would anyone prefer to pay for something if the very same thing is available for free? Doesn't make sense.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 566

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by JDBP on Tue 09 May 2017, 18:53

08 Mar 2015


Would you go into a shop and steal a loaf of bread? If you do, then it is free?

Does it make sense to you now?

By using sites like Putlocker, you are making them money, yet they have not paid for the film they are streaming.
So not only are you stealing from the people who made the film, you are making money for criminals!

Bit like seeing a psychic if you think about it
avatar
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Female
Location : London
Posts : 2134
Points : 3645

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 09 May 2017, 18:55

08 Mar 2015

JDBP wrote:
Would you go into a shop and steal a loaf of bread? If you do, then it is free?

Does it make sense to you now?

By using sites like Putlocker, you are making them money, yet they have not paid for the film they are streaming.
So not only are you stealing from the people who made the film, you are making money for criminals!

Bit like seeing a psychic if you think about it


LOL! So going by your "logic" here, you would rather pay a psychic for a reading, even though that same psychic has offered to read you for free.
avatar
Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female
Posts : 291
Points : 508

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by Misty on Tue 09 May 2017, 18:56

08 Mar 2015


JDBP wrote:
Would you go into a shop and steal a loaf of bread? If you do, then it is free?

Does it make sense to you now?

By using sites like Putlocker, you are making them money, yet they have not paid for the film they are streaming.
So not only are you stealing from the people who made the film, you are making money for criminals!

Bit like seeing a psychic if you think about it


No, of course I wouldn't steal a loaf of bread, but if I wanted bread and there was two loafs on the counter, both the same, and the shopkeeper says one of them is free then of course I would go for that one.

I don't see what it has got to do with psychics either!

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 566

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by JDBP on Tue 09 May 2017, 18:59

08 Mar 2015

Misty wrote:
No, of course I wouldn't steal a loaf of bread, but if I wanted bread and there was two loafs on the counter, both the same, and the shopkeeper says one of them is free then of course I would go for that one.

Ok that is fine, show me where the makers of that film said you could watch the film for free?
Do that and you will be right, fail to do that and you will be wrong.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 566

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by JDBP on Tue 09 May 2017, 19:00

08 Mar 2015


Candlelight.kk wrote:
LOL! So going by your "logic" here, you would rather pay a psychic for a reading, even though that same psychic has offered to read you for free.

You didn't understand, unsurprisingly.
A psychic STEALS information from the victim, and then you PAY the criminal for that stolen information!

ps. You are a fraudulent psychic. You are a liar, a fraud and a conwomen. Sue me!
avatar
Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female
Posts : 291
Points : 508

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by Misty on Tue 09 May 2017, 19:03

08 Mar 2015


JDBP wrote:

Misty wrote:
No, of course I wouldn't steal a loaf of bread, but if I wanted bread and there was two loafs on the counter, both the same, and the shopkeeper says one of them is free then of course I would go for that one.

Ok that is fine, show me where the makers of that film said you could watch the film for free?
Do that and you will be right, fail to do that and you will be wrong.

Are you really really saying you wouldn't watch that movie there because it's available to watch free and it makes you unhappy to think that the makers of the movie will be out of pocket if you do? Seems a bit naive way of thinking that.

With regards to your comments about psychics, that's just a load of muddled up waffle.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 566

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by JDBP on Tue 09 May 2017, 19:08

08 Mar 2015

Misty wrote:
Are you really really saying you wouldn't watch that movie there because it's available to watch free and it makes you unhappy to think that the makers of the movie will be out of pocket if you do? Seems a bit naive way of thinking that.

So I am guessing you couldn't find anywhere where the makers of the film said you could watch it for free, therefor you are a thief.

If you wouldn't go into HMV and shoplift a DVD off the shelf, dont do it on the internet and try to justify yourself, there is no difference.

You are the one being naive if you think you can justify your illegal activities.

In fact you have admitted to breaking the law on this very page, I hope no one reports you!

Why dont you read this, and educate yourself.
http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/film-and-music-piracy
avatar
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Female
Location : London
Posts : 2134
Points : 3645

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 09 May 2017, 19:13

8 Mar 2015

JDBP wrote:
Misty wrote:
Are you really really saying you wouldn't watch that movie there because it's available to watch free and it makes you unhappy to think that the makers of the movie will be out of pocket if you do?  Seems a bit naive way of thinking that.

So I am guessing you couldn't find anywhere where the makers of the film said you could watch it for free, therefor you are a thief.

If you wouldn't go into HMV and shoplift a DVD off the shelf, dont do it on the internet and try to justify yourself, there is no difference.

You are the one being naive if you think you can justify your illegal activities.

In fact you have admitted to breaking the law on this very page, I hope no one reports you!

Why dont you read this, and educate yourself.
http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/film-and-music-piracy

If what that link says is true, then I and thousands of people the world over have been committing a crime all our lives!  From the time I first had access to a radio-cum-tape-recorder I would regularly record the Top 20 on Irish radio, every Sunday without fail (that is what the recorder was there for - to record!!) and - shock horror! - even let my friends, and complete strangers! listen to the playback (my parents had a café/shop and "my" music was continually played in the background when the jukebox wasn't on the go).  In fact, the man who came to change the records every now and then must have been a hardened criminal also, as he would let me choose and keep some of the 45's (with a hole in the middle) that were considered outdated and being taken away to make way for the newest releases.  Even worse .... he showed me where the "secret" button was at the back of the jukebox which, when pressed, let you play records on the jukebox without putting any money in!  That must have been a crime too, huh? - listening to music for free!  tut tut

Now it's CD's, DVD's and Internet .... Times have changed over the years, and yes, there is a certain criminal element who will knowingly take advantage and use available stuff to their own ends; in particular porn and [in recent times] to promote and execute terrorism. That is the reason for these laws- certain restrictions have to be enforced in order to weed out the purposeful wrongdoers - but the people who make these laws are discerning in what areas they enforce them.  You really only have to utilise the minimal amount of common sense to be discerning yourself and understand what is a 'crime' and what is not.  If the ordinary person like you and I are unable to understand the difference, then it's a sad and sorry story - really.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 566

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by JDBP on Tue 09 May 2017, 19:16

Candlelight.kk wrote:
Now it's CD's, DVD's and Internet .... Times have changed over the years, and yes, there is a certain criminal element who will knowingly take advantage and use available stuff to their own ends; in particular porn and [in recent times] to promote and execute terrorism. That is the reason for these laws- certain restrictions have to be enforced in order to weed out the purposeful wrongdoers - but the people who make these laws are discerning in what areas they enforce them.  You really only have to utilise the minimal amount of common sense to be discerning yourself and understand what is a 'crime' and what is not.  If the ordinary person like you and I are unable to understand the difference, then it's a sad and sorry story - really.

So you think it is perfectly fine to partake in movie piracy, because you deem it not to be a crime.
Do you know what the proceeds of Putlocker go towards?
Do you honestly think that someone who risks jail by hosting such films, is doing so out of goodness?
They risk lawsuits from the biggest movie companies in the world, look at the level of shitstorm that has been going on with Kim Dotcom for years now.

You may think that piracy is not a crime. But what if the owners of Putocker use the proceeds of their site to fund terrorism?

The point is you DONT KNOW.

Also worth noting that your ISP does track what you watch, and there is cases of ISPs going after users who download pirated materials.

Even Paramount have mentioned Putlocker as breaking the law
http://www.cnet.com/news/mpaa-wants-more-criminal-cases-brought-against-rogue-sites/

Listen, like it or not, what you are doing is illegal, and you could end up with a nasty fine, or even a nasty virus by visiting such a site.

Upto you what you do, but I guess if you have no problem committing fraud by pretending to talk to the dead, I am guessing you have no problem stealing movies either.

Not gonna say any more on this, as pointless.
avatar
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Female
Location : London
Posts : 2134
Points : 3645

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 09 May 2017, 19:19

09 Mar 2015

JDBP wrote:Upto you what you do, but I guess if you have no problem committing fraud by pretending to talk to the dead, I am guessing you have no problem stealing movies either.

innocent
I have no problem committing fraud by pretending to talk talking to the dead, I am guessing you have no problem stealing watching movies either.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 566

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by JDBP on Tue 09 May 2017, 19:25

09 Mar 2015


Candlelight.kk wrote:

JDBP wrote:
Upto you what you do, but I guess if you have no problem committing fraud by pretending to talk to the dead, I am guessing you have no problem stealing movies either.

innocent
I have no problem talking to the dead, I am guessing you have no problem watching movies either.


I do not watch any movies illegally, I work within the industry, so I support all anti piracy projects.
If everyone did as you do, there would not be a movie industry.

If you are a criminal in one aspect of your life, then of course you will act criminally in other aspects of your life.

Its why so many psychics get done for not paying tax, or claiming benefits etc
avatar
Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female
Posts : 291
Points : 508

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by Misty on Tue 09 May 2017, 19:27

09 Mar 2015

JDBP wrote:
You may think that piracy is not a crime. But what if the owners of Putocker use the proceeds of their site to fund terrorism?

The point is you DONT KNOW..

You can say that about ANY company, you can ask that question about ANYONE. How do we know the corner shop down the road is not using their profits to support some illegal activity? We DON'T KNOW. If we did and we had evidence of that we wouldnt shop there anymore. Simples.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 566

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by JDBP on Tue 09 May 2017, 19:30

09 Mar 2015

Misty wrote:
You can say that about ANY company, you can ask that question about ANYONE. How do we know the corner shop down the road is not using their profits to support some illegal activity? We DON'T KNOW. If we did and we had evidence of that we wouldnt shop there anymore. Simples.

So you are comparing someone knowingly committing a crime, to someone who runs a business down the road?
lol

In general people who commit illegal activities do so to fund other illegal activities!

Your comparison is much like your work life, a total fail!

Try again.
avatar
Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female
Posts : 291
Points : 508

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by Misty on Tue 09 May 2017, 19:33

09 Mar 2015

JDBP wrote:
Misty wrote:
You can say that about ANY company, you can ask that question about ANYONE. How do we know the corner shop down the road is not using their profits to support some illegal activity? We DON'T KNOW. If we did and we had evidence of that we wouldnt shop there anymore. Simples.

So you are comparing someone knowingly committing a crime, to someone who runs a business down the road?
lol

In general people who commit illegal activities do so to fund other illegal activities!

Your comparison is much like your work life, a total fail!

Try again.

You don't know anything about my work life! Or me for that matter. What are you assuming I do for a living?

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 566

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by JDBP on Tue 09 May 2017, 19:36

09 Mar 2015


Misty wrote:
You don't know anything about my work life! Or me for that matter. What are you assuming I do for a living?

Sorry I apologise, I confused who I was replying too.
I should pay more attention, sometimes it is hard keeping up when having conversations with more than one person at a time, plus post traumatic concussion syndrome leaves me struggling to remember names at times.

I do not for one second know anything about your work life or you, and again I apologise for the way i responded to your post, I was 100% wrong.
avatar
Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female
Posts : 291
Points : 508

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by Misty on Tue 09 May 2017, 19:39

09 Mar 2015

JDBP wrote:
Misty wrote:
You don't know anything about my work life!  Or me for that matter.  What are you assuming I do for a living?

Sorry I apologise, I confused who I was replying too.
I should pay more attention, sometimes it is hard keeping up when having conversations with more than one person at a time, plus post traumatic concussion syndrome leaves me struggling to remember names at times.

I do not for one second know anything about your work life or you, and again I apologise for the way i responded to your post, I was 100% wrong.

Apology accepted. Smile   And I think it might apply to your earlier response to me also (which I did wonder about  :shock: ) -

JDBP wrote:
Misty wrote:
Are you really really saying you wouldn't watch that movie there because it's available to watch free and it makes you unhappy to think that the makers of the movie will be out of pocket if you do?  Seems a bit naive way of thinking that.

So I am guessing you couldn't find anywhere where the makers of the film said you could watch it for free, therefor you are a thief.

If you wouldn't go into HMV and shoplift a DVD off the shelf, dont do it on the internet and try to justify yourself, there is no difference.

You are the one being naive if you think you can justify your illegal activities.

In fact you have admitted to breaking the law on this very page, I hope no one reports you!

Why dont you read this, and educate yourself.
http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/film-and-music-piracy
huh


I hope you don't mind me asking - what was the cause of your post traumatic concussion syndrome?

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 566

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by JDBP on Tue 09 May 2017, 19:42

09 Mar 2015

Misty wrote:

Apology accepted.    😄   And I think it might apply to your earlier response to me also (which I did wonder about  :shock: ) -

Yes probably.
The owner of this forum is a fake psychic, who sits in the dark and puts on silly voices and pretends to be dead sailors etc.

I hope you don't mind me asking - what was the cause of your post traumatic concussion syndrome?

About 4 or so years ago, I fell about 15 foot onto rocks and knocked myself spark out, like a fool I never went to hospital as I could tell I had not broke anything despite being covered in cuts from head to toe from the spiky bush I fell through, couldn't walk for two weeks.

When I got back to the UK I got fully checked out and they realised the extent of the damage that occured.
avatar
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Female
Location : London
Posts : 2134
Points : 3645

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 09 May 2017, 19:46

09 Mar 2015

Misty wrote:
JDBP wrote:
Misty wrote:
You don't know anything about my work life!  Or me for that matter.  What are you assuming I do for a living?

Sorry I apologise, I confused who I was replying too.
I should pay more attention, sometimes it is hard keeping up when having conversations with more than one person at a time, plus post traumatic concussion syndrome leaves me struggling to remember names at times.

I do not for one second know anything about your work life or you, and again I apologise for the way i responded to your post, I was 100% wrong.

Apology accepted.  Smile   And I think it might apply to your earlier response to me also (which I did wonder about  :shock: ) -

JDBP wrote:
Misty wrote:
Are you really really saying you wouldn't watch that movie there because it's available to watch free and it makes you unhappy to think that the makers of the movie will be out of pocket if you do?  Seems a bit naive way of thinking that.

So I am guessing you couldn't find anywhere where the makers of the film said you could watch it for free, therefor you are a thief.

If you wouldn't go into HMV and shoplift a DVD off the shelf, dont do it on the internet and try to justify yourself, there is no difference.

You are the one being naive if you think you can justify your illegal activities.

In fact you have admitted to breaking the law on this very page, I hope no one reports you!

Why dont you read this, and educate yourself.
http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/film-and-music-piracy
huh


I hope you don't mind me asking - what was the cause of your post traumatic concussion syndrome?


lol - I think, Misty, that those replies might have been intended for me.  Any opportunity for JDBP to [what he thinks he is doing .. ] wind me up, he grabs at with two left feet.  And don't be taken in by that fanciful excuse about post traumatic wotsit ....   facepalm   rofl ....  he has always been afflicted with this "memory" confusion disorder .....  goes back a lot further than 4 years; he just can't help himself.  Rolling Eyes

seesaw

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 566

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by JDBP on Tue 09 May 2017, 19:49

09 Mar 2015

Mock you may, but it is sadly true.
One of the things that does happen is that words get jumbled in my head at times.
For example one time I wanted to say spaghetti, and i said radiator.
No idea why or how.

I can remember things perfectly from 20 years ago, but last week I struggle.

I have to do various memory exercises to help me keep track of things, and my office is covered in notes.
avatar
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Female
Location : London
Posts : 2134
Points : 3645

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 09 May 2017, 19:52

09 Mar 2015

JDBP wrote:Mock you may, but it is sadly true.
One of the things that does happen is that words get jumbled in my head at times.
For example one time I wanted to say spaghetti, and i said radiator.
No idea why or how.

I can remember things perfectly from 20 years ago, but last week I struggle.

I have to do various memory exercises to help me keep track of things, and my office is covered in notes.

I am sure you know, my intention was not to mock in a serious way.    If that given explanation is genuine, it must be quite frustrating for you.  That sort of thing has happened to me on the odd occasion too, so I do know what you mean.  Not sure what causes it on those occasions - I just put it down to maybe lack of sleep at the time

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 566

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by JDBP on Tue 09 May 2017, 19:54

09 Mar 2015

Candlelight.kk wrote:

I am sure you know, my intention was not to mock in a serious way.    If that given explanation is genuine, it must be quite frustrating for you.  That sort of thing has happened to me on the odd occasion too, so I do know what you mean.  Not sure what causes it on those occasions - I just put it down to maybe lack of sleep at the time.

Its something I've gotten used too and live with and in general doesn't affect my life in ant major way, other than peoplelaughing when I ask for the finger socks because the word gloves has left my vocabulary.
avatar
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Female
Location : London
Posts : 2134
Points : 3645

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 09 May 2017, 19:58

05 Apr 2015

The film is showing on TV today - in fact it's on now. Channel 5

(lol - I think I might record it from the telly .... if that's OK with you, Mister JDBP?) sidestep

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 566

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by JDBP on Tue 09 May 2017, 20:01

05 Apr 2015

Candlelight.kk wrote:The film is showing on TV today - in fact it's on now.  Channel 5

(lol - I think I might record it from the telly .... if that's OK with you, Mister JDBP?)   sidestep


Thats the 1997 version!

The new version is still on its DVD run
avatar
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Female
Location : London
Posts : 2134
Points : 3645

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 09 May 2017, 20:04

05 Apr 2015

JDBP wrote:
Candlelight.kk wrote:The film is showing on TV today - in fact it's on now.  Channel 5

(lol - I think I might record it from the telly .... if that's OK with you, Mister JDBP?)   sidestep


Thats the 1997 version!

The new version is still on its DVD run


Well, that's the exact same version that I've put up in this thread! 

What's different about the 'new version' then?

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 566

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by JDBP on Tue 09 May 2017, 20:06

05 Apr 2015

Candlelight.kk wrote:
JDBP wrote:
Candlelight.kk wrote:The film is showing on TV today - in fact it's on now.  Channel 5

(lol - I think I might record it from the telly .... if that's OK with you, Mister JDBP?)   sidestep


Thats the 1997 version!

The new version is still on its DVD run


Well, that's the exact same version that I've put up in this thread! 

What's different about the 'new version' then?

Ok this is what happens when you reply to a film made in 2015, and link a 1997 film, but the person who is talking about the 2015 film assumes you posted that version, and then starts ranting about copyright and so on, not realising you have linked a 1997 film that no one cares about!

Crosswires clearly.

So I apologise for having a go, clearly I am an idiot and should have checked the link, HOWEVER in my defence, at no point did you state it was a different version, and of course I did not want to click a link to a pirate site.

As for the new version, see my review, its quite a good film
avatar
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Female
Location : London
Posts : 2134
Points : 3645

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 09 May 2017, 20:09

05 Apr 2015

JDBP wrote:
Candlelight.kk wrote:
JDBP wrote:
Candlelight.kk wrote:The film is showing on TV today - in fact it's on now.  Channel 5

(lol - I think I might record it from the telly .... if that's OK with you, Mister JDBP?)   sidestep


Thats the 1997 version!

The new version is still on its DVD run


Well, that's the exact same version that I've put up in this thread! 

What's different about the 'new version' then?

Ok this is what happens when you reply to a film made in 2015, and link a 1997 film, but the person who is talking about the 2015 film assumes you posted that version, and then starts ranting about copyright and so on, not realising you have linked a 1997 film that no one cares about!

Crosswires clearly.

So I apologise for having a go, clearly I am an idiot and should have checked the link, HOWEVER in my defence, at no point did you state it was a different version, and of course I did not want to click a link to a pirate site.

As for the new version, see my review, its quite a good film


Well, I'm very confused .............

JDBP wrote:at no point did you state it was a different version

Did you not read my first post in reply to you:
Candlelight.kk wrote:Lovely film.  With Peter O'Toole and Paul McGann, of course, it can't go wrong.

The film was actually shown on TV some time ago.  I remember thinking at the time that it was a rather strange choice to have Peter O'Toole portray Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - but of course Peter pulled it off very well.  Great actor - one of my favourites.

How am I supposed to know it's a different version?   huh

I did read your review (before posting my reply) (Unlike some people, I don't just skim over things; I like to get my facts right!  Neutral ) - AND I also watched the trailer in that review.  I see absolutely NO difference between that and the 1997 film that has already been televised - more than once.  Same actors!  Same everything!  What's NEW about it?

JDBP wrote:not realising you have linked a 1997 film that no one cares about!
So ... we're talking about THE SAME FILM - and YOU have just gone and contradicted YOUR OWN review on a film that YOU say "no one cares about it".    nuts   lol   rofl

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 566

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by JDBP on Tue 09 May 2017, 20:12

06 Apr 2015


Now I am confused! I think you are right at the 2015 DVD release, IS the 1997 film!

THEREFORE my original posts all stand!!

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 566

Re: Fairytale: A True Story - Review - The Cottingley Fairies

Post by JDBP on Tue 09 May 2017, 20:13

06 Apr 2015


To be brutally honest, I am quite pissed off with myself that I thought it was a brand new film, and it was nearly 20 years old!
So despite me desperately clinging onto any way possible to make out i was right all along in this thread, the great one was in some way fooled by Hollywood

    Current date/time is Wed 18 Oct 2017, 19:26