Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

Video of the Week now showing on the Portal is: 'SCIENCE SET FREE: A talk by Dr. Rupert Sheldrake'

For all those who have lost a father ....

Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk

For all those who have lost a father .... Empty For all those who have lost a father ....

Post by Candlelight.kk on 25th April 2017, 23:53

(originally posted on 22 Apr 2016 02:43 pm)

My Dad passed away 30 years ago this month (11th April 1986).  This beautiful song, sung with such feeling and emotion by one who truly knows how it feels .... never fails to get to me.  The words are so heart-renderingly poignant, I shed a tear whenever I hear it - even now, all those years later, I still miss him.  

This is a very special song, dedicated to all those who have lost their father:

ETA:  Correction!  It was only 29 years ago (it was my mother who passed in 1986).   My father joined her 7 months later - literally died of a broken heart).
Curious
Curious
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

For all those who have lost a father .... Empty Re: For all those who have lost a father ....

Post by Curious on 25th April 2017, 23:59

I would've liked to hear it, I don't see the link.
Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk

For all those who have lost a father .... Empty Re: For all those who have lost a father ....

Post by Candlelight.kk on 26th April 2017, 00:02

Curious wrote:I would've liked to hear it, I don't see the link.

Oh, that's a shame, Curious.  It's actually a YouTube video.  Here is the full link:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNL_wGZgV5Q

Alternatively, you could try this link:  https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=john+mcdermott+my+old+man
Curious
Curious
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Post by Curious on 26th April 2017, 00:03

Thank you, it is a beautiful song.
Chance
Chance
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Post by Chance on 26th April 2017, 00:05

Thank you so much for this.
Next week will be the first anniversary of my father's passing. Like the words of the song, my father was my teacher, my best friend. He made me what I am and that is his legacy. I miss you Dad with all my heart.
Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk on 26th April 2017, 00:07

My sympathies to you and your family, Chance. The first anniversary is an especially sad and difficult time for those who are left behind, as with birthdays. These are also the times when our departed loved ones are around us and aware of thoughts we send out to them, candles lit, etc. Sometimes they can even send us little signs to let us know that they are near.

For all those who have lost a father .... SympathyLossFather
Chance
Chance
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Post by Chance on 26th April 2017, 00:09

Thanks Candlelight.kk. I am lucky enough to have had my father with us for such a long time and for my children and grandchildren to have known him and shared so much of their lives with him. He was 97 when he died, fit as a fiddle. He passed away while happily tending his vegetable patch on the land that he loved. I have never known him to have had a day's illness in his life. A very independent man, he grew all his own vegetables and shared them around with all the family. He loved the land and walked every day in the countryside around the place where he lived all his life. He loved nature and taught us all to appreciate the natural things in life. We have many happy memories to cherish as he was very much a part of all our lives, and still is.
Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk on 16th June 2019, 14:01

With special loving memories on Father's Day   candle

Current date/time is 20th July 2019, 22:00