Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

2 posters

People are different

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Food for thought People are different

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 31 Aug 2019 - 16:49

"...conflict is the primary engine of creativity and innovation.
    People don't learn by staring into a mirror; people learn by encountering difference."
    -- Ronald Heifetz

In his book, 'Men, Women and Relationships,' John Gray says, "People are different. Recognizing this fundamental truth is essential for creating positive and loving relationships. In practice, however, ... we demand that the people in our lives feel, think, and behave as we would. And when they react differently we make them wrong or invalidate them; we try to fix them when they really need understanding and nurturing; we try to improve them when instead they need acceptance, appreciation and trust."

We each bring different gifts to this world. We each have different work to do. Our lives are enriched when we can celebrate these differences rather than resent, resist and reject them. As we get more secure in who we are, we get more compassionate toward others.

"Homogeneity makes for healthy milk but anemic friendships.
    We need relationships that cross culturally imposed lines to enlarge our hearts and expand our vistas."
    -- Dan Schmidt
    mac
    mac

Food for thought Re: People are different

Post by mac Sat 31 Aug 2019 - 18:16

quote:  "As we get more secure in who we are, we get more compassionate toward others."

That's still work-in-progress for me although I think I can discern a little progess.... sadface

Current date/time is Tue 7 May 2024 - 9:06