Light After Life

Discussion forum exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

The Afterlife Investigations: The Scole Experiment

Share
avatar
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Video/Documentary The Afterlife Investigations: The Scole Experiment

Post by Candlelight.kk on 25th September 2017, 00:03

Narrated by Donal MacIntyre, The Scole Experiment chronicles the extraordinary results of a five-year investigation into life after death. At the beginning of 1993 four psychic researchers embarked on a series of experiments in the Norfolk village of Scole. The subsequent events were so astounding that senior members of the prestigious Society for Psychical Research asked to observe, test and record what took place. The investigators... encountered evidence favouring the hypothesis of intelligent forces... able to influence material objects, and to convey associated meaningful messages, both visual and aural.

The Scole Report, by Montague Keen, Arthur Ellison & David Fontana, Society for Psychical Research (SPR), 1999. Book ordering

 Abstract--This report is the outcome of a three-year investigation of a Group claiming to receive both messages and materialised or physical objects from a number of collaborative spirit communicators. It has been conducted principally by three senior members of the Society for Psychical Research. In the course of over 20 sittings the investigators were unable to detect any direct indication of fraud or deception, and encountered evidence favouring the hypothesis of intelligent forces, whether originating in the human psyche or from discarnate sources, able to influence material objects and to convey associated meaningful messages, both visual and aural.

more   https://lightafterlife.forumotion.com/t64-another-one-bites-the-dust-merged-with-the-scole-experiment#5970



~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
avatar
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Video/Documentary Re: The Afterlife Investigations: The Scole Experiment

Post by Candlelight.kk on 8th June 2018, 16:15

The Scole Experiment: SPR - The Scole Debate 1999 - London - Exhibition of Evidence

The Society for Psychical Research (SPR) hosted The Scole Debate on 11 December 1999 at Kensington Library in London. Grant Solomon, author of 'The Scole Experiment', presents and outlines some of the evidence from the displays exhibited at the venue prior to the debate.



The evidence collected is recorded in detail in the updated 2006 edition of The Scole Experiment, published by Campion Books. For 'The Scole Experiment: Scientific Evidence for Life After Death', a book covering the whole five-year experiment, and further recommended reading, go to http://astore.amazon.co.uk/resolution.... Also see: https://www.facebook.com/beyondthescol... and http://www.thescoleexperiment.com.



~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
avatar
Brian
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Video/Documentary I have doubts

Post by Brian on 8th June 2018, 16:45

Whenever I see something like this I look for evidence against - just in case.  Some interesting points were made on this video.



Always looking for my new best friend
avatar
mac
VIP Member
VIP Member

Video/Documentary Re: The Afterlife Investigations: The Scole Experiment

Post by mac on 8th June 2018, 18:25

Always interesting to see folk interested in historical stuff.  very happy
avatar
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Video/Documentary Re: The Afterlife Investigations: The Scole Experiment

Post by Candlelight.kk on 8th June 2018, 18:27

Brian wrote:Whenever I see something like this I look for evidence against - just in case.  Some interesting points were made on this video

Very interesting, Brian. Thank you for that. I had heard that there were skeptical grumbles concerning The Scole Experiments but didn't know the details - which that posted video goes to some lengths to highlight.

Somewhere around 7.0 mins, the video suggests "the requirement is for a new series of tests."

This, I believe, may well be the intention surrounding the major project detailed here:
https://www.assmpi.org/news/robin-foy-takes-last-physical-stand
For those of you who do not know Robin Foy, he is not only an original founder of ASSMPI, but also the pioneer who was involved in the Infamous "Scole Experiment." Robin is now heading a campaign to buy a local building in Spain and turn it into a Physical Mediumship Research center under 'The Spiritual Science Foundation'. This of course is a massive undertaking and the financial cost is stated at being over 500,000.00 GBP to buy and refurbish this building.

Many fundraising events are taking place throughout the world including one being arranged by the ASSMPI.


Robert McLuhan's review of Robin Foy's book "Witnessing The Impossible" is also worth a read.




~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
avatar
Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Video/Documentary Re: The Afterlife Investigations: The Scole Experiment

Post by Misty on 12th June 2018, 21:46

Candlelight.kk wrote:

Robert McLuhan's review of Robin Foy's book "Witnessing The Impossible" is also worth a read.


The comments to Robert McLuhan's review are interesting to read as well.

"...requests for the use of thermal imaging devices or infra-red cameras were refused or put off with hints that eventually something of the sort would be allowed. Since sources of heat already present were giving off infra-red without harm to the mediums, the resistance to making use of it to view the phenomena appears unreasonable and suspicious." - D.J. West
Nothing new there.

"What better way could the claims of the Scole Croup be verifiably presented and those of any other physical seance circle) than to have a replayable continuous infra-red video record verifying some of the physical effects for the whole world to see? The fact that such promises are repeatedly made by physical mediums but never come about, or are side-stepped at the last minute (as has been my experience several times), may well indicate that no such record is likely to be made. Such reluctance to allow what is really going on in the dark to be seen in every detail may well indicate a recognition that it would reveal too much and could sound the death knell of its practice." - A.D. Cornell


Candlelight.kk wrote:Somewhere around 7.0 mins, the video suggests "the requirement is for a new series of tests."

This, I believe, may well be the intention surrounding the major project detailed here:
https://www.assmpi.org/news/robin-foy-takes-last-physical-stand

ok but if there is going to be a new series of tests done at the new centre they would only be meaningful if they allow the use of infrared or thermal imaging.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Video/Documentary Re: The Afterlife Investigations: The Scole Experiment

Post by JDBP on 15th June 2018, 10:26

I predict that there will NEVER be a physical mediumship seance filmed that shows anything but fraud.

History has shown us in 100% of cases when they have been filmed they have shown fraud. Every single time.

Do you really think any medium will ever knowingly allow themselves to be filmed during such a stunt?

This is the biggest problem in my opinion, mediums got lazy, they could perform simple magic tricks in the dark, so they never developed their tricks to be undetectable if filmed. The darkness hid the gimmicks.

Magicians who perform much more impressive stunts do so in full light, filmed from multiple angles, and will fool the vast majority of people.

Just imagine if mediums had been learning new techniques to perform their tricks in the light over the past hundred or so years.

Physical mediumship now would be an incredible industry pulling in billions!

Physical mediums are just really bad magicians. 

Can anyone here prove a single thing I have said here wrong? Of course not.

There is no such thing as ectopolasm, ghosts, manifestations, all of it is fraud. and history, science, everything, backs me up 100%, and if you disagree with me, you are literally admitting that you are an imbecile who has been fooled by rubbish magic tricks done in the dark.
avatar
mac
VIP Member
VIP Member

Video/Documentary Re: The Afterlife Investigations: The Scole Experiment

Post by mac on 15th June 2018, 12:53

Come and join us - you'll feel so liberated when you've come out, Mr Faker.  No need to keep hiding in the shadows. monster
avatar
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Video/Documentary Re: The Afterlife Investigations: The Scole Experiment

Post by Candlelight.kk on 16th June 2018, 16:39

JDBP wrote:Can anyone here prove a single thing I have said here wrong?

To answer in the same vein as you have presented your argument:

I predict that there will NEVER be a physical mediumship seance filmed that shows anything but fraud.
You are 100% wrong.

History has shown us in 100% of cases when they have been filmed they have shown fraud. Every single time.
This statement is 100% wrong.

There is no such thing as ectopolasm
100% wrong.
ghosts, manifestations, all of it is fraud.
100% wrong.

and history, science, everything, backs me up 100%,
That statement is 100% WRONG. (Where is the 100% reference/evidence/proof from "history, science, everything(lol)" that "backs" that statement?????

ANYONE can make such a sweeping statement about ANYTHING - but in the absence of any tangible evidence, sourcing and back-up reference to such, that's all it is; a statement that has not been thought-through, researched and evidenced.

My answers above are applied in exactly the same form as your questions (or statements) - answers devoid of substance, just as the statements are.

There is no such thing as ectopolasm, ghosts, manifestations, all of it is fraud.
Wrong. 100%

if you disagree with me, you are literally admitting that you are an imbecile who has been fooled by rubbish magic tricks done in the dark.
lol - Another silly-billy statement that is totally WRONG.
I do indeed disagree with you on many of your stated points (most specifically this last emboldened one!) - but have no interest in refuting any such bland, inane statements when you have provided no enlightening back-up explanatory or referenced sources behind them to refute! Hence, no possible cause or room for debate!
End of.




~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Video/Documentary Re: The Afterlife Investigations: The Scole Experiment

Post by JDBP on 17th June 2018, 18:04

Candlelight.kk wrote:
JDBP wrote:Can anyone here prove a single thing I have said here wrong?

To answer in the same vein as you have presented your argument:

I predict that there will NEVER be a physical mediumship seance filmed that shows anything but fraud.
 You are 100% wrong.


History has shown us in 100% of cases when they have been filmed they have shown fraud. Every single time.
 This statement is 100% wrong.

There is no such thing as ectopolasm
100% wrong.
ghosts, manifestations, all of it is fraud.
100% wrong.

and history, science, everything, backs me up 100%,
That statement is 100% WRONG.  (Where is the 100% reference/evidence/proof from "history, science, everything(lol)" that "backs" that statement?????

ANYONE can make such a sweeping statement about ANYTHING - but in the absence of any tangible evidence, sourcing and back-up reference to such, that's all it is; a statement that has not been thought-through, researched and evidenced.  

My answers above are applied in exactly the same form as your questions (or statements) - answers devoid of substance, just as the statements are.

There is no such thing as ectopolasm, ghosts, manifestations, all of it is fraud.
Wrong. 100%

if you disagree with me, you are literally admitting that you are an imbecile who has been fooled by rubbish magic tricks done in the dark.
lol - Another silly-billy statement that is totally WRONG.
I do indeed disagree with you on many of your stated points (most specifically this last emboldened one!) - but have no interest in refuting any such bland, inane statements when you have provided no enlightening back-up explanatory or referenced sources behind them to refute!  Hence, no possible cause or room for debate!
End of.




The quoting thing on here is bloody awful by the way.

I predict that there will NEVER be a physical mediumship seance filmed that shows anything but fraud.
 You are 100% wrong.


Great we have a claim. Now back up your claim.
As of 17/06/18 there exists not a single piece of footage showing anything but fraud in a seance room. So show me what I have yet to see?

If you do not, then I have just proven you wrong.

Same with Ectoplasm, ghosts and so on.
You have now made a claim that evidence exists that catagorically shows these things to be real.
Lets have a look then.

Remember burden of proof sits firmly with those who make the magical claims.
I deny such evidence exists, I do not need to prove something does not exist, you need to prove it does. So now you have made claims, back them up.

If you need to back up anything I have said I am happy to do so.
You first show me the "evidence" and I will show you how it was done. Simple.

Trying to copy my method of debate on this wont work, as you are on the wrong side. You are on the side of those who make the magical claims but provide no evidence, I am on the side of those who respond to such claims.

I make no magical claims, there is no burden of proof on me, only on you.
If you cannot back up your claim, then your claim can be dismissed.

Same as flat earthers, moon landing hoaxers and so on.

I look forward to your video of physical manifestation, as specifically you have claimed I am 100% wrong in saying all videos show fraud.

I wonder how you will dig yourself out of this one.

Actually ignore everything else I said.
Just provide one clear video showing physical mediumship in a seance room, just one. And you win. I will admit I am wrong, and you will never hear from me again. I will delete all associated websites. And I will disappear from the internet forever.

Here is your chance. Just back up one claim.

(My prediction. You wont, and yet again my 100% record stands)
avatar
mac
VIP Member
VIP Member

Video/Documentary Re: The Afterlife Investigations: The Scole Experiment

Post by mac on 17th June 2018, 19:25

me, me, me...... 

Everything always has to revolve around the faker;  I wonder who the real person is or is he also a fake, not what he pretends to be?

What a self-obsessed, sad individual. Crying or Very sad

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Video/Documentary Re: The Afterlife Investigations: The Scole Experiment

Post by JDBP on 20th June 2018, 14:32

She made the claim, yet surprise surprise cant back it up.
Not surprised.
avatar
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Video/Documentary Re: The Afterlife Investigations: The Scole Experiment

Post by Candlelight.kk on 20th June 2018, 14:37

JDBP wrote:She made the claim, yet surprise surprise cant back it up.
Not surprised.

Unfortunately, irony is totally lost on those with a one-track mind. pirat



~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
avatar
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Video/Documentary Re: The Afterlife Investigations: The Scole Experiment

Post by Candlelight.kk on 22nd June 2018, 14:27

JDBP wrote:

The quoting thing on here is bloody awful by the way.

It can be a bit confusing if you are in the WYSIWYG mode (What You See Is What You Get) format in the edit box (i.e. images etc are shown direct instead of [ img ] etc )..

I find it easier when quoting to use the 'Switch editor mode' icon to switch over to the other option (not sure what it's called, but it's where you can see the codes, like [ quote ], [ b ], etc ...

The 'Switch editor mode' icon is the very last one in the editing toolbar at the top of the box where you are writing or editing your post.



~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~
avatar
mac
VIP Member
VIP Member

Video/Documentary Re: The Afterlife Investigations: The Scole Experiment

Post by mac on 22nd June 2018, 16:05

Candlelight.kk wrote:
JDBP wrote:

The quoting thing on here is bloody awful by the way.

It can be a bit confusing if you are in the WYSIWYG mode (What You See Is What You Get) format in the edit box (i.e. images etc are shown direct instead of [ img ] etc )..

I find it easier when quoting to use the 'Switch editor mode' icon to switch over to the other option (not sure what it's called, but it's where you can see the codes, like [ quote ], [ b ], etc ...

The 'Switch editor mode' icon is the very last one in the editing toolbar at the top of the box where you are writing or editing your post.
It seems only one contributor has had difficulties.....  Wink
avatar
Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Video/Documentary Re: The Afterlife Investigations: The Scole Experiment

Post by Misty on 22nd June 2018, 18:19

mac wrote:
Candlelight.kk wrote:
JDBP wrote:

The quoting thing on here is bloody awful by the way.

It can be a bit confusing if you are in the WYSIWYG mode (What You See Is What You Get) format in the edit box (i.e. images etc are shown direct instead of [ img ] etc )..

I find it easier when quoting to use the 'Switch editor mode' icon to switch over to the other option (not sure what it's called, but it's where you can see the codes, like [ quote ], [ b ], etc ...

The 'Switch editor mode' icon is the very last one in the editing toolbar at the top of the box where you are writing or editing your post.
It seems only one contributor has had difficulties.....  Wink


to be fair it does take some getting used to. 
I still dont know how to use the multi-quote thing.
dont really know what it does. Neutral
avatar
mac
VIP Member
VIP Member

Video/Documentary Re: The Afterlife Investigations: The Scole Experiment

Post by mac on 22nd June 2018, 19:30

Misty wrote:
mac wrote:
Candlelight.kk wrote:
JDBP wrote:

The quoting thing on here is bloody awful by the way.

It can be a bit confusing if you are in the WYSIWYG mode (What You See Is What You Get) format in the edit box (i.e. images etc are shown direct instead of [ img ] etc )..

I find it easier when quoting to use the 'Switch editor mode' icon to switch over to the other option (not sure what it's called, but it's where you can see the codes, like [ quote ], [ b ], etc ...

The 'Switch editor mode' icon is the very last one in the editing toolbar at the top of the box where you are writing or editing your post.
It seems only one contributor has had difficulties.....  Wink


to be fair it does take some getting used to. 
I still dont know how to use the multi-quote thing.
dont really know what it does. Neutral
Press 'Multiquote' followed by 'Quote' and then write your response - just as you'd already done.  Smile
avatar
Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Video/Documentary Re: The Afterlife Investigations: The Scole Experiment

Post by Misty on 22nd June 2018, 21:19

mac wrote:
Misty wrote:
mac wrote:
Candlelight.kk wrote:
JDBP wrote:

The quoting thing on here is bloody awful by the way.

It can be a bit confusing if you are in the WYSIWYG mode (What You See Is What You Get) format in the edit box (i.e. images etc are shown direct instead of [ img ] etc )..

I find it easier when quoting to use the 'Switch editor mode' icon to switch over to the other option (not sure what it's called, but it's where you can see the codes, like [ quote ], [ b ], etc ...

The 'Switch editor mode' icon is the very last one in the editing toolbar at the top of the box where you are writing or editing your post.
It seems only one contributor has had difficulties.....  Wink


to be fair it does take some getting used to. 
I still dont know how to use the multi-quote thing.
dont really know what it does. Neutral
Press 'Multiquote' followed by 'Quote' and then write your response - just as you'd already done.  Smile


thanks mac. Cool

    Current date/time is 23rd October 2018, 05:10