Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

2 posters

Finding contentment

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Finding contentment Empty Finding contentment

Post by Candlelight.kk Tue 25 Jul 2017 - 11:47

"When the sun rises, I go to work. When the sun goes down, I take my rest. I dig the well from which I drink. I farm the soil which yields my food. I share creation. Kings can do no more."
    -- Chinese proverb

Do you sense the peace and contentment that can come from an appreciation of one's place in the cosmos?
    How do we get there with the complexities and pressures of our current lifestyles? Perhaps it's a matter of becoming aware of what we truly have as opposed to what our egos believe we need. If we look closely, we may find that our ego 'needs' are just desires.
    When you find yourself longing for something, stop and ask, "What is missing from my life? Is it a need? What are the essential qualities of what I seek? How can I experience that now?"

"If we have not quiet in our minds, outward comfort will do no more for us than a golden slipper on a gouty foot."
    -- John Bunyan

"Try to be like the turtle -- at ease in your own shell."
    -- Bill Copeland
    Misty
    Misty

Finding contentment Empty Re: Finding contentment

Post by Misty Wed 26 Jul 2017 - 20:16

"When the sun rises, I go to work. When the sun goes down, I take my rest. I dig the well from which I drink. I farm the soil which yields my food. I share creation. Kings can do no more."
    -- Chinese proverb

Thats a bit deep for me.  hmm   I cant see myself finding much contentment if I have to dig a well every time I want a drink! 

sidestep

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 3:35