Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

Good Mediums

Share
avatar
Curious
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female
Location : Canada
Posts : 72
Points : 311

Good Mediums

Post by Curious on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 17:28

(originally posted on 07 Jul 2016)

I believe the following are "good" mediums.

James Van praagh,
Therese Caputo
George Anderson
Allison DuBois

They are all well known in the U.S. and have been documented, none of them work in the dark. butterfly

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 598

Re: Good Mediums

Post by JDBP on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 17:29

Curious wrote:I believe the following are "good" mediums.

James Van praagh,
Therese Caputo
George Anderson
Allison DuBois

They are all well known in the U.S. and have been documented, none of them work in the dark. butterfly

When you say "good" what do you mean?
Cleanly they are all frauds. When you say good, do you mean they are good at the art of faking mediumship?

Anyway, as always I can back up everything I say. So here is an account of Van Praagh caught cheating
http://www.skeptictank.org/hs/praagh.htm

Therese Caputo
http://yournewswire.com/us-tvs-long-island-medium-investigated-for-fraud/
http://mstarsnews.musictimes.com/articles/49760/20150121/long-island-medium-theresa-caputo-fake-psychic-cancels-tour-amid.htm

George Anderson
http://www.csicop.org/sb/show/close_encounter_of_the_secondhand_kind_with_psychic_medium_george_anderson
http://www.badpsychics.com/2013/02/george-anderson-psychic-medium-and-one.html

Allison DuBois
http://www.csicop.org/si/show/medium_allison_dubois_is_testedand_failsin_the_real_world
http://skeptico.blogs.com/skeptico/2006/07/allison_dubois_.html

So the 4 mediums you believe are "good" are all proven frauds.
Something I personally can see within a minute of watching them perform, because I UNDERSTAND and am KNOWLEDGEABLE in their techniques.

Clearly you do not have this knowledge so are easily fooled by what is a rather pathetic act.

Guessing you will now mention some other mediums you believe in, then I will show you how they are frauds, and the cycle continues forever.

The one constant however is that I am always right, you will never show me a real medium.

mac
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Location : Heart of England
Posts : 474
Points : 712
Job/hobbies : retired

Re: Good Mediums

Post by mac on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 17:33

I oscillate between mild amusement over what you write, Jon, to curiosity over why you seem compelled to visit us nobodies on this little website (as if we somehow matter  question ) to bang on about your always being right that mediums are frauds.  blah

Would you - do you - also say that because you've never been wrong it follows that EVERY claimed medium is/was also a fraud, that all claimed mediumship (distant past and present alike) is bogus?  Or that there is no such thing as communication from/with entities living in a dimension beyond this one? (for simplicity here, not including claimed extra-terrestrial communication) 

If that's your position it seems logical to me that you will also claim there is no such thing as life beyond the grave?  If I'm wrong would you help me out by briefly setting out your personal position?

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 598

Re: Good Mediums

Post by JDBP on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 17:37

mac wrote:I oscillate between mild amusement over what you write, Jon, to curiosity over why you seem compelled to visit us nobodies on this little website (as if we somehow matter  :question: ) to bang on about your always being right that mediums are frauds.

Because I take a small amount of pleasure of the fact that I am always right, and have never been proven wrong about a single medium by anyone on here. (or anywhere in the world, real or internet)
I kinda would love to be proven wrong to be honest as that would be fun, but it will never happen.

Would you - do you - also say that because you've never been wrong it follows that EVERY claimed medium is/was also a fraud, that all claimed mediumship (distant past and present alike) is bogus?

Firstly let me make this clear, my OPINION, what I say, is evidentially worthless in general, I would never want someone to just take my word, or believe or disbelieve in something just because I say so. I promote critical thinking, so always prefer people to figure it out for themselves, but if I can help guide them or show them what to look for then all the beter.

With that said, I always revert to Occam's razor, what is the simplest answer is the most likely.
And finally we have to go back to statistics, or maths, as that is what rules the universe. And the fact remains that mediumship in any form, as described under the spiritualist banner, is statistically improbable.

I can say with the entires history of science behind me, backing me up, that all of mediumship in history, and that presently performed is bogus, is not a real communication between man and spirit. There is not a single piece of evidence in HISTORY that says otherwise.

HOWEVER as I once wrote does not mean mediumship in some kind will not one day exist see..
http://www.badpsychics.com/2012/09/mediumship-is-impossible-but-will-it.html
But in its current form, it is not real, psychic abilities are not real.
And 100% of all claims of mediumship and/or psychic abilities can be replicated using non magical means, and proven to be false. 100% of mediums/psychics fail 100% of the time when the chance to cheat is removed in CREDIBLE scientific tests, no exceptions, no anomolies. 100% failure rate. This goes with what we know and understand about the life process of the human animal, from the creation of the first cell of life, to the last cell degrading. There is no mystery.

Or that there is no such thing as communication from/with entities living in a dimension beyond this one? (for simplicity here, not including claimed extra-terrestrial communication) 

There is no evidence of any communication being possible with entities in another dimension, in fact that sentence in itself makes so many leaps, that it becomes a ridiculous question to ask.
There is no scientific theory of such an existence. There is no SCIENCE to any of this. Just stuff made up by religious fantasists.

If that's your position it seems logical to me that you will also claim there is no such thing as life beyond the grave?  If I'm wrong would you help me out by briefly setting out your personal position?

Seems like a slight strange question since clearly my position on this is well known, so perhaps you are trying to trap me.
So with that I will answer like this. The human consciousness ceases to exist once brain activity dies. Brain dead, is dead dead. No coming back, no existence. Nothing.

This is the hardest thing for humans to get their heads around, that once we die thats it nothing more. It has driven many a man insane, and even a great mind like my own sometimes struggles with the concept of not existing any more, and nothing I would like more than to know I would carry on in some form.

All bullshit aside, people think that I enjoy being an atheist, that I enjoy being right about mediumship, truth is I hate it, and truth is I have done what I have done for 13 odd years BECAUSE I want to be wrong. I want someone to prove me wrong, I want everything that science knows to be turned upside down.

But alas I cant see a day where that will happen, in the spiritualist way of thinking anyway.

Death is the same as before you could think, you didn't exist before, you dont exist after, it is the same.
The only way to live on is through your DNA, and or the memories of those who knew you.

Keith you are an old geezer, 70 years old, barring accident or disease, you are closer to death than me, so I can imagine it must be harder to accept the harsh realities of life, the closer you come to the end of it, and as you have become more knowledgeable in the subject, your doubts have grown for sure, but you hold on, because the alternative is bloody terrifying.

What I say is this, while I am alive, I will do my damnest to stop frauds taking advantage of the gullible, the vulnerable and the grieving.
Atheists live their lives to the fullest. They tend not to go on holy wars, they tend not to blow themselves up, and they tend to do good not for any religious reward, but because they just want to be good.

You can not show me a single piece of evidence that proves me wrong.
Yet I can show you with ease how ever single reading you have ever had from a medium has been done, step by step, from top to the bottom.

And that is why you try to take me on, outwit me and so on, because it drives you made that you know deep down that you cant win.
The problem is you are desperate to win, and I am desperate to lose, but I am cursed with always winning.
And I truly mean that.

mac
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Location : Heart of England
Posts : 474
Points : 712
Job/hobbies : retired

Re: Good Mediums

Post by mac on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 17:39

JDBP wrote:
mac wrote:[size=150]I oscillate between mild amusement over what you write, Jon, to curiosity over why you seem compelled to visit us nobodies on this little website (as if we somehow matter  :question: ) to bang on about your always being right that mediums are frauds.

Because I take a small amount of pleasure of the fact that I am always right, and have never been proven wrong about a single medium by anyone on here. (or anywhere in the world, real or .....................................

If that's your position it seems logical to me that you will also claim there is no such thing as life beyond the grave?  If I'm wrong would you help me out by briefly setting out your personal position?

JDBP wrote:Seems like a slight strange question since clearly my position on this is well known, so perhaps you are trying to trap me.
absolutely not - I asked because I needed to get the details clear in my mind.  You've made your position clear - thank you.


JDBP wrote:So with that I will answer like this. The human consciousness ceases to exist once brain activity dies. Brain dead, is dead dead. No coming back, no existence. Nothing.

JDBP wrote:This is the hardest thing for humans to get their heads around, that once we die thats it nothing more. It has driven many a man insane, and even a great mind like my own sometimes struggles with the concept of not existing any more, and nothing I would like more than to know I would carry on in some form.
  I'm sorry you don't have that.

JDBP wrote:All bullshit aside, people think that I enjoy being an atheist, that I enjoy being right about mediumship, truth is I hate it, and truth is I have done what I have done for 13 odd years BECAUSE I want to be wrong. I want someone to prove me wrong, I want everything that science knows to be turned upside down.
  I wish I could help.

JDBP wrote:But alas I cant see a day where that will happen, in the spiritualist way of thinking anyway.

Death is the same as before you could think, you didn't exist before, you dont exist after, it is the same.
The only way to live on is through your DNA, and or the memories of those who knew you.
  I'm not going to argue the points, Jon.  It's a sad situation you're in but I can't help you.

JDBP wrote:Keith you are an old geezer, 70 years old, barring accident or disease, you are closer to death than me, so I can imagine it must be harder to accept the harsh realities of life, the closer you come to the end of it, and as you have become more knowledgeable in the subject, your doubts have grown for sure, but you hold on, because the alternative is bloody terrifying.
  Two points are right - I'm old and more likely to die before you are.  About all the rest, though, you've got it hopelessly wrong - it really is just what you imagine to be the case.

JDBP wrote:What I say is this, while I am alive, I will do my damnest to stop frauds taking advantage of the gullible, the vulnerable and the grieving.
I totally support you in that.

JDBP wrote:Atheists live their lives to the fullest. They tend not to go on holy wars, they tend not to blow themselves up, and they tend to do good not for any religious reward, but because they just want to be good.
maybe, maybe not....

JDBP wrote:You can not show me a single piece of evidence that proves me wrong.
You're right.  Nothing I could show you would change your outlook.  And you can't prove anything that would change my outlook.

JDBP wrote:Yet I can show you with ease how ever single reading you have ever had from a medium has been done, step by step, from top to the bottom.
  I have never had a reading from a medium.

JDBP wrote:And that is why you try to take me on, outwit me and so on, because it drives you made that you know deep down that you cant win.
I don't take you on, Jon.  Others do I realise but I have no interest in doing that.  We have a bit of banter at times.  That's all it means to me.

JDBP wrote:The problem is you are desperate to win, and I am desperate to lose, but I am cursed with always winning.
I had no idea it was so painful for you but honestly I have no desire at all to win.

JDBP wrote:And I truly mean that.
I also mean all I've said.  I wish I knew a way to help you, Jon.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 598

Re: Good Mediums

Post by JDBP on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 17:41

mac wrote:
I have never had a reading from a medium.

So why do you defend them? Why do you believe? Why do you think frauds like Gordon Smith are the dogs bollocks?
I have had over 250 face to face readings with mediums. I have analysed well over 2500 readings performed by mediums given to other people.
I have been able to explain 100% of them. That is probably a bigger number than anyone else in the UK if not the world.
With that much experience and knowledge on one subject, can you see how ridiculous it sounds to me when a believer says something dumb like
"I know Derek Acorah is a fraud, but Gordon Smith is the real deal, I know because he told me something he had no way of knowing"

It is like going to a world class car mechanic, and saying "Yeah I know this old Fiat wont start because it has no petrol in it, but this Citroen wont start because of magical forces that I cant explain" and the mechanic saying "no, the Citroen has no petrol in it" And then the mechanic gets abused, death threats, told he is a liar, and that he cant possibly know as much as the car owner (who has no real car experience, other than spraying some WD40 on a wheel nut))
(I am the mechanic)

I don't take you on, Jon.  Others do I realise but I have no interest in doing that.  We have a bit of banter at times.  That's all it means to me.

And I enjoy the banter, you give it a good go, and I appreciate that.

I had no idea it was so painful for you but honestly I have no desire at all to win.

I am a legally recognised refugee (I like saying that, especially in the last few years, drives the lefties insane), anyway the point is, I come from a war torn country, I have had relatives raped and then murdered on the steps of their Church, We now know of two family members who were buried alive. I have lost pretty much everyone I have loved to the likes of Cancer, Heart Disease and so on.
Do you think I want them to all just be dead? That their lives meant nothing, and that their deaths were needless?
No of course not, I WANT TO BELIEVE, but believers cannot understand that.
They think that I call Gordon Smith a fraud because I dont understand mediumship. I can guarantee you, that I know more about mediumship, how it works, how it is supposed to work and so on than every single member of this forum combined. Not a blind brag, a clear fact.
But with great knowledge and experience about something, comes the harsh reality of the truth.
I KNOW that Gordon Smith is a fraud, because i KNOW how he does it, the same way a mechanic can look at a car and understand why it wont start, better than the owner and driver of the car, however experienced they think they are, however knowledgeable they think they are, they are NOT a mechanic.

I also mean all I've said.  I wish I knew a way to help you, Jon.

You want to help me, well there are two ways.
1. Prove me wrong just once
2. If you cant do that, than do something meaningful with your life and help me expose the frauds.

I hear you are banned from all seances, firstly thats bullshit, a random old white geezer is not banned from anything.
Now me I am legit banned from all seances because they know what I will do.
Glyn Edward has a photo of me which is passed around the SNU about 10 years ago lol.
"Be on the lookout for a brown man, short hair, stubble, tall"
That is legit too.

I stick out like a sore thumb in spiritualist churches as I am always the only brown person there.
I have had mediums refuse to come out because they heard I MIGHT be there!
I mention on Twitter or facebook I am thinking to go to a show, the show gets cancelled! Or extra security is put on and I get rejected.

YOU do not have these problems. So help me!!
avatar
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Female
Location : London
Posts : 2152
Points : 3717

Re: Good Mediums

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 17:43

JDBP wrote:Glyn Edward has a photo of me which is passed around the SNU about 10 years ago lol.
Sadly, Glyn passed away not so long ago,  http://www.psychicnews.org.uk/articles/Glyn-Edwards-passes-to-spirit-world

so that photo is probably now pinned to the dartboard of the Spirit World's Ex-Mediums Social Club where Glyn and some of his mates in spirit, Gordon Higginson, Leslie Flint, Alec Harris, Albert Best, Colin Fry et al - hang out once a week for a game of darts and a few laughs ....   

A lovely man, Glyn, and a very fine medium.  I had the privilege and pleasure of attending a full day workshop held by him at the SAGB about 10 years ago - an unforgettable experience. 


"Be on the lookout for a brown man, short hair, stubble, tall"
 obgob   There is a guy in our Development Circle that matches that description to a T ....    door   Ah, but he doesn't speak with a Brummy accent though.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 598

Re: Good Mediums

Post by JDBP on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 17:46

Candlelight.kk wrote:
JDBP wrote:Glyn Edward has a photo of me which is passed around the SNU about 10 years ago lol.
Sadly, Glyn passed away not so long ago,  http://www.psychicnews.org.uk/articles/Glyn-Edwards-passes-to-spirit-world

Another fraud dead, the world is a safer, more honest place since his death, for sure he is in the same place as Sylvia Brown and other dead frauds (if you believe in hell), but realistically he leaves a legacy of being a disgusting human being, who ruined many lives, confiscated the deeds of spiritualist churches, and generally was a horrible person. Good ridence.

so that photo is probably now pinned to the dartboard of the Spirit World's Ex-Mediums Social Club where Glyn and some of his mates in spirit, Gordon Higginson, Leslie Flint, Alec Harris, Albert Best, Colin Fry et al - hang out once a week for a game of darts and a few laughs ....   

All the famous frauds together.

A lovely man, Glyn, and a very fine medium.  I had the privilege and pleasure of attending a full day workshop held by him at the SAGB about 10 years ago - an unforgettable experience. 

Actually no not a fine medium, a 100% fraud, who didn't even believe his colleague was legit! Seriously look into that!

The fact you were fooled by some simple bullshit does not surprise me in the least Cath. In fact if you werent fooled by a conman like him I would be surprised, since you are so god damn gullible.

Well at least that is one less evil bastard in the world coming after me.
For the record he has not haunted me, he has not visited me, (or anyone for that matter) like Colin Fry he is dead, and I outlive another fraud!
avatar
Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female
Posts : 294
Points : 543

Re: Good Mediums

Post by Misty on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 17:49

Candlelight.kk wrote:A lovely man, Glyn, and a very fine medium.  I had the privilege and pleasure of attending a full day workshop held by him at the SAGB about 10 years ago - an unforgettable experience.

What were his workshops about kk?  I would love to hear about your experience there.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 598

Re: Good Mediums

Post by JDBP on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 17:50

Whiskers wrote:
Candlelight.kk wrote:A lovely man, Glyn, and a very fine medium.  I had the privilege and pleasure of attending a full day workshop held by him at the SAGB about 10 years ago - an unforgettable experience.

What were his workshops about kk?  I would love to hear about your experience there.

It would have been the trance nonsense that Cathy loves so much.
You know, you sit in a circle, pretend you are a dead saiolor, put on a silly voice.
Its all very very silly.

And even if you give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and say that no one is deliberately faking, or acting, STILL you can put down the whole thing to social compliance, role play, and other very well known and understand psychological processes that people follow when in certain situations.

Either way it was a way for frauds like him, to take money from really gullible fools like KK. I know that he laughed at how easy it was to fleece people many times. one of his former secretarys told me that!
avatar
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Female
Location : London
Posts : 2152
Points : 3717

Re: Good Mediums

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 17:52

JDBP wrote:
Whiskers wrote:
Candlelight.kk wrote:A lovely man, Glyn, and a very fine medium.  I had the privilege and pleasure of attending a full day workshop held by him at the SAGB about 10 years ago - an unforgettable experience.

What were his workshops about kk?  I would love to hear about your experience there.

It would have been the trance nonsense that Cathy loves so much.
You know, you sit in a circle, pretend you are a dead saiolor, put on a silly voice.
Its all very very silly.

Actually, no.  Although Glyn Edwards was known primarily for being an accomplished trance medium, his vast knowledge and experience in the field of Mediumship and spiritual awareness covered a whole lot more, and the workshop that I attended concentrated on understanding and developing the individual's own potential. 

http://glynedwards.weebly.com/glyn-edwards.html

He was also respected for his understanding of, and insight into, different areas of mediumistic unfoldment and his ability to enable students to recognise for themselves the individuality of their mediumistic potential, and to help them establish it as a real means of their own spiritual awareness.

Glyn also had a very wide and deep experience of physical mediumship (Materialisation, Direct Voice, Apport Mediumship, Levitation) and all forms of activity within the trance states in physical mediumship. He was also a trance medium through which a large body of information both philosophically and evidentially had been a means for a furtherance of his own mediumistic potential.

Much as I would have loved to have witnessed a demonstration by him, this was not the aim of the day's workshop; it covered a whole lot more, where through various exercises and situations, all of us there were given the opportunity to discover ways and means to recognise and work on our own mediumistic potentials.  One of those exercises, where we each had to pair up with another person (a stranger to each other), is the part that I remember vividly as having the most value and meaning to me in the very early stages of my development.  I wrote about this experience in detail at the time, but I think that account may have been on the Spiritlove forum, which has since closed down.
I will have my own personal record somewhere and must look it up.
In short, for now - on pairing up with this other person in the group, the aim being to try and give this total stranger an evidential mediumistic reading, I was surprised and quite shocked actually as to the speed, strength and clarity of the connection that came through from this communicator to pass on to my paired-up stranger.  I was left in no doubt whatsoever that the stuff I was passing on to this lady was coming from a person deceased - it was as if they had really gone out of their way to make things as clear as possible (to me) to get their message across.   With my eyes closed all the time, I related to the lady exactly what I was receiving (very clearly visually and physically - no feedback was to be given from the sitter until the end, at which time she said that every detail I had passed on to her was spot-on accurate and she was aware from the start exactly who it was that was communicating - her friend who had passed on just over a month before.)  It turns out that friend had been a medium herself and therefore well adept at knowing how to make her presence known and get her message of survival through to this lady - making it so much easier for me!
The first thing that I had got was I saw a date and year - in large print across a sort of a screen.  (This turned out to be the communicator's birthday).  The 'screen' then switched to a long, tall bookcase with loads of books - and a hand (all I could see was the hand, very large) pulling out books from the bookcase and piling them up high on the floor.  Then the hand started taking books from the pile, one by one, passing some to the left and some to the right, eventually leaving a much smaller pile of books.  The hand then rested on top of that pile of books and pushed them towards me.  (My 'sitter' lady told me afterwards that the lady communicator who had passed had been her friend, she had a huge amount of books in her home and before she died said she wanted her friend to have them and had asked her to sort out any that she didn't want and to make sure they didn't get destroyed, to pass them on to secondhand book shops and charities.  Her friend had done this - and had kept for herself all the books on Mediumship and Spiritualism!)
My 'screen' then turned to the face of a young boy.  It was very large and close to me towards the lefthand side at the front of my 'screen' and I described this boy as being about 12 years old, with a brown face, brown eyes, with shiny black sticky-up hair (shiny as though it had gel in it to make it stick up in fashion).  I then saw this boy walk down a garden path and stand at the garden gate.  At the same time I felt I wanted to cry.   (Turns out the boy had been one of the communicator's next-door neighbours, a 12-year old Asian boy who used to help her out in her home and by running errands for her to the shops (she was in her 80s when she died) and making sure her gate was kept closed amongst other things.  The boy had taken her passing very much to heart and not stopped crying since she died.)

There were other things and more detail but those are the bits that I remember the most.  I also remember that when we had fininshed that exercise I was not feeling at all well, had a horrible pressing down headache and felt nauseous and tightening of my chest.  Glyn had gone on to talk to us all about something else and I remember thinking at the time that I just want to go home now, I needed to get out of there - when Glyn stopped in mid-sentence and asked me if I was alright.  I answered yes (even though I wasn't, I felt embarrassed to explain what I was feeling).  He then just said to me very matter-of-factly, you still have the energy and/or ailment with you caused by your communicator coming very close to you and working through you - you need to just ask it to be taken back, it's important not to carry this with you, eventually you will learn to automatically ground yourself after having worked in that way - and he went on to address the group and explain the importance of 'closing down' and keeping grounded, a valuable piece of advice that I have never forgotten, as even now I find I will often pick up on the ailments of people I am with, or in a crowd, passers by on the street etc.  It sometimes happens while sitting in development circle, but now that I know what to do it makes life a whole lot easier.

mac
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Location : Heart of England
Posts : 474
Points : 712
Job/hobbies : retired

Re: Good Mediums

Post by mac on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 17:54

JDBP wrote:
mac wrote:
I have never had a reading from a medium.

JDBP wrote:So why do you defend them? Why do you believe? Why do you think frauds like Gordon Smith are the dogs bollocks?
  Three questions you've asked me there, Jon, but you just went on to rant giving me no chance to respond.  I don't do mediums, haven't personally experienced evidential mediumship.  I have, though, had experiences that convinced me of survival.  But you didn't properly ask me why I say what I do, didn't seem to want to know, didn't appear to care what I had said because - perhaps - your routine responses don't apply to me, leaving you with nothing to say....
JDBP wrote:I have had over 250 face to face readings with mediums. I have analysed well over 2500 readings performed by mediums given to other people.
I have been able to explain 100% of them. That is probably a bigger number than anyone else in the UK if not the world.
With that much experience and knowledge on one subject, can you see how ridiculous it sounds to me when a believer says something dumb like
"I know Derek Acorah is a fraud, but Gordon Smith is the real deal, I know because he told me something he had no way of knowing"
It is like going to a world class car mechanic, and saying "Yeah I know this old Fiat wont start because it has no petrol in it, but this Citroen wont start because of magical forces that I cant explain" and the mechanic saying "no, the Citroen has no petrol in it" And then the mechanic gets abused, death threats, told he is a liar, and that he cant possibly know as much as the car owner (who has no real car experience, other than spraying some WD40 on a wheel nut)
(I am the mechanic)
  Was all that really necessary to respond to what I said?

I don't take you on, Jon.  Others do I realise but I have no interest in doing that.  We have a bit of banter at times.  That's all it means to me.

JDBP wrote:And I enjoy the banter, you give it a good go, and I appreciate that.
  And it's fine by me too but you know me well enough to know that overall I'm serious in what I write.  That's the real 'mac'....

I had no idea it was so painful for you but honestly I have no desire at all to win.

JDBP wrote:I am a legally recognised refugee (I like saying that, especially in the last few years, drives the lefties insane), anyway the point is, I come from a war torn country, I have had relatives raped and then murdered on the steps of their Church, We now know of two family members who were buried alive. I have lost pretty much everyone I have loved to the likes of Cancer, Heart Disease and so on.
Do you think I want them to all just be dead? That their lives meant nothing, and that their deaths were needless?
No of course not, I WANT TO BELIEVE, but believers cannot understand that.
  What difference does it make, Jon?  When you're dead you're dead. They're gone and their lives didn't matter any more, or less, than mine or yours.  In effect isn't that what you're always saying?  You spend your life online (it appears) taking the piss out of very ordinary guys like us.  You can't have it both ways - a serious seeker concerned about his loved ones but at the same time someone delighting in attempting to upset those who understand what you'd like to.  We don't struggle on with a burden such as the one you'd like to lay down for yourself.  Why not join us rather than hurt us?  By all means attack the fraudulent mediums scamming the vulnerable but we're not doing that.  Don't you see?

JDBP wrote:They think that I call Gordon Smith a fraud because I dont understand mediumship. I can guarantee you, that I know more about mediumship, how it works, how it is supposed to work and so on than every single member of this forum combined. Not a blind brag, a clear fact.
But with great knowledge and experience about something, comes the harsh reality of the truth.
I KNOW that Gordon Smith is a fraud, because i KNOW how he does it, the same way a mechanic can look at a car and understand why it wont start, better than the owner and driver of the car, however experienced they think they are, however knowledgeable they think they are, they are NOT a mechanic.
  Every instance of supposed mediumship is false, can't do what it claims because its practitioners are frauds, and there has never been a practitioner who wasn't fraudulent.  I asked you about that earlier.  So why would you even consider coming on a website where ordinary guys sometimes talk about such subjects?  Is it just that you want to try to hurt us because you've been hurt?  It wasn't us who hurt you, Jon and speaking for myself I have no desire to hurt you ever.

I also mean all I've said.  I wish I knew a way to help you, Jon.

JDBP wrote:You want to help me, well there are two ways.
1. Prove me wrong just once
2. If you cant do that, than do something meaningful with your life and help me expose the frauds.
  When I said what I did it was in sadness because I don't personally have the means to help you.  I can't prove you're wrong any more than you can prove me wrong.  I can't prove that life goes on beyond the grave but sure as hell you can't prove it doesn't.  I'm contented with my understanding.  Are you because it doesn't come over that way?  I have no wish to make my life 'meaningful' as you suggest by attempting what you involve yourself in.

JDBP wrote:I hear you are banned from all seances, firstly that's bullshit, a random old white geezer is not banned from anything.
  I'm guessing you've heard that from troll-friend Waller Joel aka various other usernames across website forums?  He might be right but what do I care anyway?  I don't do mediums and have no need for evidence of something I was persuaded about - without mediumship - over three decades ago.  But Waller is still seething over what happened and determined to get at me every occasion he can, the latest on 'thegaryfiles' as I'm sure you will have seen.
JDBP wrote:Now me I am legit banned from all seances because they know what I will do.
Glyn Edward has a photo of me which is passed around the SNU about 10 years ago lol.
"Be on the lookout for a brown man, short hair, stubble, tall"
That is legit too.[/color]  Who would knowingly want a known trouble-maker in their midst? 

JDBP wrote:I stick out like a sore thumb in spiritualist churches as I am always the only brown person there. I have had mediums refuse to come out because they heard I MIGHT be there!
I mention on Twitter or facebook I am thinking to go to a show, the show gets cancelled! Or extra security is put on and I get rejected. YOU do not have these problems. So help me!!
You've chosen your path, Jon, and you will probably have to continue walking it by yourself or with the friends who think the way you do.  I don't think like them or like you.  Approach me asking questions and listening to what I say and I'll help all I can.  If that's not enough then I apologise.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Posts : 360
Points : 598

Re: Good Mediums

Post by JDBP on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 17:55

mac wrote:Three questions you've asked me there, Jon, but you just went on to rant giving me no chance to respond. I don't do mediums, haven't personally experienced evidential mediumship. I have, though, had experiences that convinced me of survival. But you didn't properly ask me why I say what I do, didn't seem to want to know, didn't appear to care what I had said because - perhaps - your routine responses don't apply to me, leaving you with nothing to say....

Why do you say and believe the things you do?
Why do you believe Gordon Smith is a real medium despite the overwhelming evidence that proves otehrwise?

What difference does it make, Jon? When you're dead you're dead. They're gone and their lives didn't matter any more, or less, than mine or yours. In effect isn't that what you're always saying? You spend your life online (it appears) taking the piss out of very ordinary guys like us.

Not at all, I dont live my life online, I spend 5 months or so in Greece every year, I mix with people of all nationalities and backgrounds, I actually struggle to find time to get online and do my work, which is why my replies on here are sometimes a tad sporadic.

You can't have it both ways - a serious seeker concerned about his loved ones but at the same time someone delighting in attempting to upset those who understand what you'd like to. We don't struggle on with a burden such as the one you'd like to lay down for yourself. Why not join us rather than hurt us? By all means attack the fraudulent mediums scamming the vulnerable but we're not doing that. Don't you see?

The problem is I WANT to join you, but every medium you have been convinced by, I have shown is a fraud. So how can I join you? I cant just ignore everything I know, my unmatched knowledge on this, I just cant switch off the critical thinking logical part of my brain. I cant just forget how mediums do their tricks, so that I can be easier to be convinced.

And I do not delight in upsetting anyone, I just get so frustrated and annoyed by the sheer lack of basic critical thinking.

Remember it is hard for me, imagine you know how a magic trick is done. You know someone who thinks it is real magic, so you show them how the trick is done, but they ignore you, call you a liar, insist it is real magic, and person after person keep denying the truth of the trick. You know 100% how the trick is done, you can do the trick yourself, there is not a single possibility in the universe to say that the trick is anything other than a trick, and then you have people calling you a liar, or just refusing to accept the truth of the trick.

That is where I am at. So no I do not delight in anything, I am just desperate for people to see what I can see as I know their lives would be better for knowing the truth, and my anger is born out of a frustration at people just not getting it.

Everything I say, I back up. Never once been proven wrong, never once been sued, never once had any medium make me remove anything. (Except for Colin Fry who convinced me to remove a non psychic related story about him, which I admit I was wrong to publish)

So why would you even consider coming on a website where ordinary guys sometimes talk about such subjects? Is it just that you want to try to hurt us because you've been hurt? It wasn't us who hurt you, Jon and speaking for myself I have no desire to hurt you ever.

You really think I want to hurt you guys, when the truth is that absolute opposite.
Remember i have seen first hand the dangers and consequences of false belief.
A heroin addict cannot see the the problems they face, the problems they cause their family.

Victims rarely know or even accept they are victims while they are still the victim.
I try to empower people with the truth, and encourage them to either fight for what is right, or walk away and never allow themselves to be the victim again.

Granted I do not always go about things in the best way, but that is down to frustration at the sheer levels of ignorance and stupidity I face on a daily basis.

Why do I come here? That is a good question, I guess deep down I cant accept failure, I cant accept that the various regulars on here are so far gone, or so stupid that they wont one day see the truth, and even if they end up seeing the truth because they are so pissed off with me, they look that little bit harder for proof to wave in my face that they end up seeing the truth, then so be it.

Remember i became a skeptic, because I was a believer! I believed in Uri Geller, I wanted to be like him, so I researched, I educated myself, because I wanted to stick it to the skeptics, but the more knowledgeable I got, the more I learned the truth, and so I am here.

Why you think Rainbows is no longer about? Admit it or not, but she basically became too educated to be a full on believer.

Mac you are an old geezer, you are way too indoctrinated and set in your ways to change, but the others here aren't.

I'm contented with my understanding. Are you because it doesn't come over that way? I have no wish to make my life 'meaningful' as you suggest by attempting what you involve yourself in.

I am content with the fact I know I am right, there is not a single doubt in my mind. But I still want to believe, I still do what I do, because deep down I hope I am proved wrong.

So perhaps I am not totally content with myself, I have created a loop that I cannot escape, the more i know, the harder it is to forget.

I'm guessing you've heard that from troll-friend Waller Joel aka various other usernames across website forums? He might be right but what do I care anyway? I don't do mediums and have no need for evidence of something I was persuaded about - without mediumship - over three decades ago. But Waller is still seething over what happened and determined to get at me every occasion he can, the latest on 'thegaryfiles' as I'm sure you will have seen.

No not spoke to him as far as I know, and dont really know who he is or care.
Guessing he is some random old spiritualist pissed at you for whatever reason. I wouldn't really care if I was you (and I know you dont)

As for him trying to get to you, nah he is clearly too much of an ignoramus to do anything to get to anyone.
People like that I squat like flies, so I doubt anything he says or do will bother you anyway.

Who would knowingly want a known trouble-maker in their midst?

No one who is committing fraud thats for sure!

If you go around pretending you can speak Japanese, but you really cant, the last thing you want nearby is a Japanese person right!

You've chosen your path, Jon, and you will probably have to continue walking it by yourself or with the friends who think the way you do. I don't think like them or like you. Approach me asking questions and listening to what I say and I'll help all I can. If that's not enough then I apologise.

I haven't chosen any path, you dont choose to be skeptical. Or an athiest, it is something that naturally happens as you get smarter and more knowledgeable about the subject in hand.

Skepticism doesn't rule my life, I go days without even thinking about my website. Life is too short.

mac
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Location : Heart of England
Posts : 474
Points : 712
Job/hobbies : retired

Re: Good Mediums

Post by mac on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 17:57

You chose a path of reacting in the way you do. You could be sceptical and even cynical without needing to approach others. Your chose the path of returning to this website and saying the things you do to those you seek to influence.

You have chosen that path at the very least.

    Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 12:30