Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

+2
Candlelight.kk
evergreen
6 posters

Sally Morgan

evergreen
    evergreen

Sally Morgan Empty Sally Morgan

Post by evergreen Sat 29 Apr 2017 - 11:42

(originally posted on 14 Oct 2014)

What's the general opinion on Sally Morgan ("Psychic to the Stars")?

Has she finally reached the end of the line now?

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Sally Morgan Empty Re: Sally Morgan

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 29 Apr 2017 - 11:51

butterfly

To be honest, I really can't be bothered in adding to all the hyped-up publicity for either party concerned in this fiasco.   blah

It's the very same crowd involved here as were involved in the circus hoo-ha a few years back concerning Sally Morgan, as covered in some detail on the Spiritlove Forum at the time.

Suffice to say, I have been following the recent shenanigans here, as reported on the Skeps forum (where the contribution comments from member 'Ketchup' [aka Kitkat] are those of yours truly   )  :
    https://www.skepticsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1800

Halloween is approaching - historically the traditional time for these publicity-spinning campaigns ....
    I guess different folk have different ways of celebrating at this time of year ............ 

Each to their own .........   ghost
    evergreen
    evergreen

Post by evergreen Sat 29 Apr 2017 - 11:53

Candlelight.kk wrote:To be honest, I really can't be bothered in adding to all the hyped-up publicity for either party concerned in this fiasco.   blah

I take it you are not too impressed by Miss Morgan then, Candlelight.kk?
    Misty
    Misty

Post by Misty Sat 29 Apr 2017 - 11:55

evergreen wrote:
    Candlelight.kk wrote:To be honest, I really can't be bothered in adding to all the hyped-up publicity for either party concerned in this fiasco.   blah

I take it you are not too impressed by Miss Morgan then, Candlelight.kk?

Was waiting to see what KK's response would be.   door  

wary  How much did Sally get in settlement from the earpiece allegations, half a million!  :shock:  Thats what hubby said in the video gloating about it.  Sally has now sacked hubby. He's no longer her manager.   Could be just for the publicity.  After all no publicity is bad publicity.  Rolling Eyes  But its no more than he deserves. Horrid obnoxious man.   thumbdown
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 29 Apr 2017 - 12:25

Halloween marks the end of Psychic Awareness Month for the Good Thinking Society, arranged as a show of support for Mark Tilbrook. Since our project began at the start of October, we have helped organise the quiet, polite leafleting of 27 shows throughout the month – including 12 shows from Sally Morgan, 10 shows from Colin Fry, 4 from Derek Acorah and one Tony Stockwell show.

We’re happy to report that Tony Stockwell’s management team took the time to thank our leafleters for their polite and respectful manner, and Colin Fry on a number of occasions gave leafleters complementary tickets to his show as a gesture of goodwill. Sally Morgan’s team, too, provided no further obstacle, beyond telling us we were “lucky not to have been thrown under a train” and that it was “lucky we were still able to walk” in Watford on October 1st.

http://goodthinkingsociety.org/psychic-awareness-month-draws-to-a-successful-close/
    evergreen
    evergreen

Post by evergreen Sat 29 Apr 2017 - 12:28

Colin Fry on a number of occasions gave leafleters complementary tickets to his show as a gesture of goodwill.

Good idea if you want to go see a show but can't afford the price of the tickets --- Hand out leaflets outside the theatre of your choice! Sally Morgan Nuts
    ariel
    ariel

Post by ariel Sat 29 Apr 2017 - 12:30

evergreen wrote:
    Colin Fry on a number of occasions gave leafleters complementary tickets to his show as a gesture of goodwill.

Good idea if you want to go see a show but can't afford the price of the tickets ---  Hand out leaflets outside the theatre of your choice!   nuts

rofl

Has anyone here been to see Colin Fry?  I went to a show a few years ago.  It was Colin Fry, Derek Acorah and Tony Stockwell.
    Derek was really funny and entertaining.  Tony was mystifying and hypnotic to watch and listen to.  Colin was O.K. but compared to the other two I found him a bit boring I have to say.  I think it was because he was just a bit too serious, no sense of humour.
    evergreen
    evergreen

Post by evergreen Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 13:45

Misty wrote:After all no publicity is bad publicity.

I think the saying is all publicity is good publicity.  Bad or good, it hasn't done her any harm.  She is still busy touring around with events fully booked up in 2018.

This is what she said before her show in Rhyl in November - https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/psychic-sally-morgan-princess-diana-13783723

it tends to be when I am accurate and when people are praising me that the trolls come out. Its bizarre.“

“There’s what I call normal sceptics and critics, who are up for a debate. But then there are the others. Unfortunately now there is the Internet, there’s a whole group of people who are being nasty, and they feel being able to say things they wouldn’t be able to say otherwise.

“But I invite constructive criticism.”
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 21:11

evergreen wrote:

I think the saying is all publicity is good publicity.

Actually, the correct term is 'There's no such thing as bad publicity'.

I prefer Oscar Wilde's take on it:  'The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.'

schtum
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 21:29

Candlelight.kk wrote:
    evergreen wrote:

I think the saying is all publicity is good publicity.

Actually, the correct term is 'There's no such thing as bad publicity'.

I prefer Oscar Wilde's take on it:  'The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.'

schtum
    wonderful guy Smile
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 21:07

From Psychic News - September 2018 issue

Medium faces massive tax bill

According to reports in the press and online, medium Sally Morgan is facing a tax bill of almost £3 million.

"Didn't see that coming" ran one headline.  Underneath, journalists Neil Syson and Chloe Mayer said that Companies House documents "show HMRC has lodged a £2,010,679 claim against Sally Morgan Enterprises."

They added that the liquidators, FRB Advisory, "are also pursuing a £323,000 loan that was taken out by the medium and her husband John, 70, and never repaid."

Online, another source states, "Creditors owed money include a firm that ran a hotline for Sally, which says it is more than £1 million out of pocket."

PN put all these points to FRP Advisory.  A spokesperson for the company told us:  "Sally Morgan Enterprises has been placed into voluntary liquidation as a result of the restructuring of the Sally Morgan Group.

"The Joint Liquidators are currently focused on exploring options, to recover funds on behalf of all creditors."

At the time of writing, Mrs Morgan has joined twelve others in Channel 5's Celebrity Big Brother house.

During a live broadcast, American actress Kirstie Alley was made president of the house as the new series of the reality show began.  She was followed by, amongst others, TV soap stars Ryan Thomas and Roxanne Pallett, former derivatives broker Nick Leeson, model Chloe Ayling and footballer Jermaine Pennant.

This year's housemates were picked because of "media storms" each has been involved in.

Mrs Morgan spoke about an unfounded allegation that she used an earpiece during a demonstration some years ago.

Before entering the house, the medium said: "I am not a liar.  Beware if you call me a fraud.  I will come after you."

According to an unconfirmed report, Mrs Morgan will receive an estimated £50,000 for taking part in the programme.
    rancid
    rancid

Post by rancid Sat 1 Sep 2018 - 22:50

She oozes the same slime of insincerity as that faker, Mannion. They both utterly repel me. yes
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 2 Sep 2018 - 7:33

I despise all frauds equally.
    evergreen
    evergreen

Post by evergreen Sun 2 Sep 2018 - 12:39

Misty wrote:
     wary  How much did Sally get in settlement from the earpiece allegations, half a million!  :shock:  Thats what hubby said in the video gloating about it.  Sally has now sacked hubby. He's no longer her manager.   Could be just for the publicity.  After all no publicity is bad publicity.  Rolling Eyes  But its no more than he deserves. Horrid obnoxious man.   thumbdown

Needless to say, the husband and son were reinstated as her managers a week later and continue that role to this day. Rolling Eyes

All that publicity, good or bad, hasn't done her any harm either, considering she plans touring all over Ireland with shows for the whole of October this year, including a show at the Helix Theatre in Dublin where the earpiece scandal was said to have happened.

https://www.sallymorgan.tv/tour-dates/10
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 2 Sep 2018 - 14:04

A somewhat similar outcome to that of certain physical mediums' bad publicity.  Nothing seems to stop them and folk still go to see what they do. 

What's the old saying that goes something like: "There's no  such things as bad publicity....." ?
    Misty
    Misty

Post by Misty Mon 3 Sep 2018 - 12:01

According to an unconfirmed report, Mrs Morgan will receive an estimated £50,000 for taking part in the programme.
    Lot of money for yet again more publicity, good or bad--who cares? cyclops

Before entering the house, the medium said: "I am not a liar. Beware if you call me a fraud. I will come after you."
    rancid wrote:She oozes the same slime of insincerity as that faker, Mannion.
    Hearing all this, I cannot disagree with that. Two peas in the same moldy pod. angry