Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

+4
Misty
jiffy
Candlelight.kk
Christopher
8 posters

Hi from Chris

Christopher

Hi from Chris Empty Hi from Chris

Post by Christopher Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 14:17

HI from Bagram, Afghanistan where I have been working as a civilian on a US base for 3 years now. I came here seeking to find Renee Pasarow, I thought maybe this site was associated with lightafterlife.com but so far, I think I was mistaken. Still, I thought I'd post a dream I had in the dream section and say hello.

Christopher
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Hi from Chris Empty Re: Hi from Chris

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 14:24

Hi Chris,

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

So glad you found us by mistake! and you're very welcome to our little corner of the web.
    I have read the your post in the 'Dreams' section.  It's a fascinating read ... and I do hope we will hear more from you.  It would be so interesting to hear about your circumstances prior to and surrounding your experience ... etc.

(Love to hear about your experiences in Afghanistan also).   :thumb:

Renee Pasarow can be found here: [Only admins are allowed to see this image] [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    Christopher

Post by Christopher Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 14:26

Thanks for the invite and the link to the Renee Pasarow NDE story, that's the site I stumbled upon prior to finding this forum, came here wanting to see if I could find a way to contact her too but there are no contact or email links. I am assuming she is just a private person and has not left a trail for those who don't know her to do so. Her story has components in it similar to my own experience, except mine wasn't a NDE. I've had another experience where when sleeping I found myself in a place full of amazing awe filled peace and decided I wasn't gonna leave and the result was being painfully kicked out and back to the physical very abruptly! When it is your time, it is your time, no early exits, I guess.

Regarding the experience prior to meeting the intelligent-sun-light Being I was in tears the night before looking into the star filled sky silently pleading to the universe (except for speaking please, over and over a few times as I begged to know) to tell me why there is so much human cruelty and the next afternoon, when taking that nap, that must have been my answer. There is a preamble to the story at this link, if you want to go there: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I'm working as a technician here in Afghanistan supporting the military as a private "contractor" but I don't have the contract myself, the company I work for does. Pays twice the most I could make in the USA working 70 hours a week on union wages so that's why I'm here. Sometimes dangerous with mortars which coming flying into base and exploding near us, from time to time, but so far I can say "Missed me!" with a happy tone. Most of the time they hit nothing anyway.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 14:28

Hello again Christopher,

Thank you, I will check out that link later when I've got a bit more time.

Your experience is in fact much more common than you would think, such as this rather similar account on the website of Anthony Peake:
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image] [Only admins are allowed to see this link] ... =10&t=1283

Anthony Peake is a British writer whose work focuses on near-death experience, deja vu and the nature of reality.

Further references can be found here: [Only admins are allowed to see this image] [Only admins are allowed to see this link] ... 8aee726c05
    Near-Death Experience
    Many individuals have reported that when close to death they have experienced a state of altered consciousness. These sensations include floating out of their body, time slowing down, a meeting with a "Being of Light" and a past-life review. These have been reported for hundreds of years and across all cultures. Known as the Near-Death Experience (NDE) this phenomenon has a wealth of supporting evidence from thousands of cases. CTF/ITLAD is particularly interested in the "past-life review" and encounters with the "Being Of Light". Have you experienced an NDE? Do you know of anybody who has? Do you have your own theories as to what it may be? Join in here and let us know your experiences and opinions.

Why not check out Anthony's forum ... I feel sure he would be pleased to hear of your experiences. He is extremely busy at the moment, in the throes of researching and writing his third book, but he is a very approachable guy, and he may even be able to help you in your search for Renee Pasarow. If anyone can, Anthony can! (Tell him "Kitkat" from the Spiritlove forum sent you [Only admins are allowed to see this image] ).

Your work in Afghanistan sounds very interesting. I can understand the danger, having myself worked for an oil company in heavily sanctioned Libya - back in 1993/94 when the country was a no-fly zone. Many of the people that I worked with there still remained and are amongst those that are currently now forced to leave.
    Christopher

Post by Christopher Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 14:34

Thanks KitKat Smile

I tried to register there but the site does not display the anti-bot question for me to answer and cannot do so. I have emailed the address given on the page to see if I can get help registering there. Thanks for your kind insights and understanding regarding these experiences, yes, at first, I didn't know lots of people have experienced these things and in time, I was pleased to see I am far from alone among others here.

I imagine Libya was much worse than I have it here safely behind guarded fences away from the real Afghanistan where the real danger exists, although I did take one van ride to Kabul once in a civilian vehicle, interesting to see some of the real country instead of a US base with over 30,000 people working on it.

By the way, I had worked in the oil field myself, in Alaska in telecom.
    jiffy
    jiffy

Post by jiffy Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 14:38

Christopher wrote:Sometimes dangerous with mortars which coming flying into base and exploding near us, from time to time, but so far I can say "Missed me!" with a happy tone. Most of the time they hit nothing anyway.

welcome Chris and stay safe   Smile
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 14:41

Christopher wrote:Regarding the experience prior to meeting the intelligent-sun-light Being I was in tears the night before looking into the star filled sky silently pleading to the universe (except for speaking please, over and over a few times as I begged to know) to tell me why there is so much human cruelty and the next afternoon, when taking that nap, that must have been my answer.

That is very similar, Christopher, to my state of mind on the day leading up to my experience, (although different, but in my view the "answer" I got identifies with yours):
    detailed a bit here: [Only admins are allowed to see this image] my-experience-t5.html

and interesting to note that in your despair, you had asked a specific question ...
    I too had gone to bed that night, sobbing my heart out and asking the question why? Looking back over my life and all that had happened, my then current seemingly desolate situation ... why had all these things happened .... what is the point of it all ... There seems to be no purpose it all ... WHY ARE WE HERE?

All that day I had been been feeling so terribly alone, pondering over many things that were current in my life, not only but including the loss of so many of my loved ones in various ways (both living and deceased) and breaking down in tears for what appeared no particular singular reason. In all this, the strongest feeling came over me of a sudden desperate NEED and longing for my parents (both of whom had died 20 years previous). It was weird, because I did something totally out of character for me ... I picked up a photograph of the two of them together (the last photo of both of them) and spoke out loud these words to the photo ... through my tears I actually said to their photo ... I know it's been 20 years since you've gone, but I really have never needed you and missed you so much as I do right now. Then I kissed their photograph and said out loud "I love you" (... do you know, I'm not sure that I can ever remember actually saying those words to them while they were alive ... we just weren't that sort of family ... the love was there, very close and bonding but somehow the [soppy] words didn't ever need saying ... ) From there I went to bed, sobbing and questioning ...
    Christopher

Post by Christopher Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 14:44

Thank you for sharing that, it seems, when ever I am at the breaking point something like this happens to me, but only at that point when I need the help, otherwise these experiences just don't happen for me. I wish I could have something like that happen as you had, where I could be fully awake and see my dear someone from the other side such as my grandmother and ask her for advice on my path in life, she was such a saint to me, never became angry, never lied or cheated, always honest and loving, probably the only real example of a fully loving and trustworthy person I had growing up.

I used to ask why, what is the reason, what is the purpose of all of this, being individual and all, why? That Renee Pasarow NDE video at [Only admins are allowed to see this link] finally answered that for me in an acceptable way; the meaning of life is to bring meaning to your life...

Thanks so much for sharing more with me and also thank you for the welcome here jiffy.
    Misty
    Misty

Post by Misty Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 14:46

Christopher wrote:HI from Bagram, Afghanistan where I have been working as a civilian on a US base for 3 years now. I came here seeking to find Renee Pasarow, I thought maybe this site was associated with lightafterlife.com but so far, I think I was mistaken. Still, I thought I'd post a dream I had in the dream section and say hello.

Christopher

Hi Christopher.  Welcome.   :D

It's nice to see some new faces here.  Actually, it would be nice to see some the 'old' faces here too.  So quiet around here these days.  Where is everyone?
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 14:49

Misty wrote:So quiet around here these days. Where is everyone?

I think they're all over at Spiritlove, Misty. (Definitely not quiet over there. Mr. Green )
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 14:51

Christopher wrote:I imagine Libya was much worse than I have it here
    It was an experience, that's for sure ... but compared to what it's like there now ... :shock:

My brother is currently working in Saudi Arabia (teacher). Before he took this contract just over a year ago, he was over here in London interviewing for jobs. He had the choice of two; the one where he is now ... and one in Benghazi in Libya!!! He hummed and hawed between the two. The Libyan one was not so well paid, but the leave shift was attractive - 6 weeks on / 6 weeks off at a time. I actually advised him to go for the Saudi one, especially as he has worked there before but in a different part. He was actually working there when the Gulf War broke out. At present he's not far from the Bahrain border. In fact, some of his colleagues actually commute from Bahrain to work.
    lar-lar
    lar-lar

Post by lar-lar Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 14:54

Welcome to the Forum, Christopher. Smile
    Pixie1970
    Pixie1970

Post by Pixie1970 Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 14:56

Christopher wrote:
    Regarding the experience prior to meeting the intelligent-sun-light Being I was in tears the night before looking into the star filled sky silently pleading to the universe (except for speaking please, over and over a few times as I begged to know) to tell me why there is so much human cruelty and the next afternoon, when taking that nap, that must have been my answer.

Hiya Chris

Nice to meet you and read your interesting posts.

It interested me because at present, I am struggling with the concept of "God". I have always accepted the concept of there being "something". I have had many discussions with people regarding Angels and God but I understand the atheist point of view and it confuses me. I am reading a book called The Reason For God by Timothy Keller and that will be followed by The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. The papers are full of pain and misery. One story this morning being the death of a little girl who was stabbed by her father because the mother had left him, he left a message on Facebook saying "bout to kill ma kid" then another one aimed at the girls mother saying "pay bk" (payback) and then finally "Its ova I did it". It's stories like this that have me questioning why "God" would allow this to happen, I try and convince myself that somehow it was part of a "bigger plan" because I can't stand to think that a life such as hers (an innocent) could be pointless. Lots of good things come from bad things, that cannot be denied. Did God surround the little girl with his Angels at the moment of her death? Was she spared fear and pain? Or was she alone?

For me it isn't just about having an experience to prove Gods existence, it is to understand why things happen, why this world has such evil in it..what is the point to it all?

I keep asking "why"?, I speak to this "God" outloud as I have always done but so far, no answers.

I am very confused at the moment. [Only admins are allowed to see this image] but it was very interesting to read your posts. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
    lalleycat
    lalleycat

Post by lalleycat Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 15:01

Hi Chris,

I have just read about your NDE experience posted on another thread, and thought it sounded familiar. I have actually seen and read your Blog site before, Cosmic Egg. What a nice surprise to find you here. [Only admins are allowed to see this image] I hope we're going to be hearing more from you around here. Lovely to meet you, and welcome. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 15:05

Christopher wrote:HI from Bagram, Afghanistan where I have been working as a civilian on a US base for 3 years now.

Hope you're OK over there, Chris.  I've been reading about the recent escalation of trouble and loss of lives there.  Very worrying times.  Pop in and say hello if you get a chance, just so we know you're okay.   happyheart
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 15:06

PS: I see from some of the photos here [Only admins are allowed to see this link] that the camp there has the same old antiquated air-conditioning that we had in Libya (the big boxes outside). Memories ... the racket that came from that a/c box ... deafening! And if you wanted to have the air-conditioning on it was limited as to what else you could use ... for instance if you went to use a hairdryer the a/c would cut out. Use something like a washing machine at the same time and the whole of the electrics would blow... or catch fire somewhere.
    I don't have too many photos of my time there, as my camera was sabotaged at a checkpoint on my last trek out of there. They confiscated the film and extra film that I had (though that wasn't even used) and gave me back the camera. My time there was pre mobile phones and internet.
    cheeky cherub
    cheeky cherub

Post by cheeky cherub Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 15:07

nd we think we've got problems. My moans are a drop in the ocean compared.

Keep safe Christopher. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024 - 16:14