Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

2 posters

One step at a time

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Food for thought One step at a time

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 3 Feb 2019 - 17:30

"What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step."
    -- Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Does the prospect of changing and growing seem monumental to you? Just too much to tackle?

Then consider this approach. Take a simple step of affirming your openness to experience more or something new. Or a different first step might be to let go of judgment by embracing the neutral. Begin to see the people, activities and things around you as neither good nor bad.

A journey is made of many small steps. Don't focus on a far-off destination if you’re not clear how to get there. Build a foundation that is solid for you. We get to new places one step at a time.

"You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."
    -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

"One may walk over the highest mountain one step at a time."
    -- John Wanamaker
    mac
    mac

Food for thought Re: One step at a time

Post by mac Sun 3 Feb 2019 - 18:14

Elsewhere I've been trying - and failing - to get a seeker to take 'baby steps' in his search for understanding.

You can lead a horse to water..... pale
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 3 Feb 2019 - 18:50

mac wrote:Elsewhere I've been trying - and failing - to get a seeker to take 'baby steps' in his search for understanding.

One 'rule' does not work for all though, mac. 'Baby steps' may well be the approach that works for some ... but there are many reasons, imo, why that 'rule' [in itself] just doesn't work satisfactorily for all.
    We are all individuals, with different life circumstances and environments. There is an old saying "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear". I would go one step further, by varying it to
    "When the student is ready, the teachings will appear" (or begin). Indeed, for some, it may often be more beneficial to actually start in the deep end (be that intentionally, or having been thrown in!) and work your way backwards.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 3 Feb 2019 - 20:30

Candlelight.kk wrote:
    mac wrote:Elsewhere I've been trying - and failing - to get a seeker to take 'baby steps' in his search for understanding.

One 'rule' does not work for all though, mac. 'Baby steps' may well be the approach that works for some ... but there are many reasons, imo, why that 'rule' [in itself] just doesn't work satisfactorily for all.
    We are all individuals, with different life circumstances and environments. There is an old saying "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear". I would go one step further, by varying it to
    "When the student is ready, the teachings will appear" (or begin). Indeed, for some, it may often be more beneficial to actually start in the deep end (be that intentionally, or having been thrown in!) and work your way backwards.

I guess so because a guess is all I could make..... Baby steps is certainly not what I see as a 'rule' though, just the way I've always approached teaching, learning-support and my personal learning.

But each-to-his-own is an old saying that seems as apt now as ever it was.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 2:07