Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

2 posters

Smile ... ?

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Smile ... ? Empty Smile ... ?

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 30 Sep 2018 - 11:44

Words without thoughts ... are meaningless.

The same words with thoughts ..... powerful.

Take the word 'smile' ... Smile   Conjures up happy, positive, endorphin-releasing, feel-good optimism I love you happyheart very happy  

and yet ...

On the radio this morning, a caller phoned in for a special request to be played - in memory of his late wife; today would have been their 47th wedding anniversary.  His request was for the song 'Smile' by Nat King Cole, as this he said was the last word his beloved wife said to him just before she died.

I bawled my eyes out all the way through, thinking of how that man must have been feeling while listening to that song, envisioning him fighting back the tears, or perhaps even allowing those tears to flow and smiling through... especially while listening to those powerful words.

crybaby
    ariel
    ariel

Smile ... ? Empty Re: Smile ... ?

Post by ariel Sun 30 Sep 2018 - 17:06

We humans are a funny lot, aren't we.  Ever notice how when we're feeling sad and miserable, what do we do?  Cheer ourselves up by listening to sad, miserable music.