Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

Video of the Week now showing on the Portal is: 'Beyond Our Sight'

Smile ... ?

Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk

Smile ... ? Empty Smile ... ?

Post by Candlelight.kk on 30th September 2018, 11:44

Words without thoughts ... are meaningless.

The same words with thoughts ..... powerful.

Take the word 'smile' ... Smile   Conjures up happy, positive, endorphin-releasing, feel-good optimism I love you happyheart very happy  

and yet ...

On the radio this morning, a caller phoned in for a special request to be played - in memory of his late wife; today would have been their 47th wedding anniversary.  His request was for the song 'Smile' by Nat King Cole, as this he said was the last word his beloved wife said to him just before she died.

I bawled my eyes out all the way through, thinking of how that man must have been feeling while listening to that song, envisioning him fighting back the tears, or perhaps even allowing those tears to flow and smiling through... especially while listening to those powerful words.

crybaby
ariel
ariel
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Smile ... ? Empty Re: Smile ... ?

Post by ariel on 30th September 2018, 17:06

We humans are a funny lot, aren't we.  Ever notice how when we're feeling sad and miserable, what do we do?  Cheer ourselves up by listening to sad, miserable music.

Current date/time is 21st May 2019, 00:49