Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

4 posters

Beyond Reasonable Doubt (Gordon Smith)

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Beyond Reasonable Doubt (Gordon Smith) Empty Beyond Reasonable Doubt (Gordon Smith)

Post by Candlelight.kk Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 10:20

Beyond Reasonable Doubt: The case for supernatural phenomena in the modern world
    Foreword by leading barrister, Maria Ahern.

Celebrated medium Gordon Smith in conversation with Mark Booth about Gordon's latest book, BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT, published 17th May 2018.

Gordon Smith is the medium's medium whose outstanding gifts are recognised by prominent sceptics and which have been tested in laboratory conditions at Glasgow University, with astonishing results.

But usually when we try to assess the claims of psychics and mediums or evidence of supernatural phenomena we are examining events taking place outside the controlled conditions of the scientific laboratory. In this new book Gordon Smith argues that most suitable standards we can apply when trying to decide whether or not it is reasonable to believe such claims are the same standards we usually use to assess disputes in human affairs - the standards of the law court.

As a leading medium Gordon Smith is part of an 'apostolic succession' of mediums that goes back through famous mediums like Albert Best, Helen Duncan and DD Hume to the start of Spiritualism modern times in America in the mid nineteenth century. In this book he examines the historical evidence, admitting fraud where he finds it, but showing that great weight of testimony proves the reality of these supernatural and spiritual phenomena 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

As leading barrister Maria Ahern writes in her foreword: 'I have assessed the evidence in this book. Just as I would in a trial. There is credible evidence from various unconnected sources all giving evidence that points the same way. The evidence has been collated by a credible source; Gordon Smith is widely acknowledged as a gifted medium and has provided many with evidence of one of life's great unanswered questions'. She advises the reader: 'Look at the evidence, assess it fairly, allow for any sensible and appropriate doubt and reach your verdict'.

(See inside the book Beyond Reasonable Doubt, by Gordon Smith):
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyond-Reasonable-Doubt-supernatural-phenomena/dp/1444790943
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Beyond Reasonable Doubt (Gordon Smith) Empty Re: Beyond Reasonable Doubt (Gordon Smith)

Post by Candlelight.kk Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 11:04

A film currently in the making has developed from Gordon's book, 'Beyond Reasonable Doubt'.

The title of the film will be 'Healing The Homeland'.

Can't wait for this film to become available. excited sunny
    evergreen
    evergreen

Beyond Reasonable Doubt (Gordon Smith) Empty Re: Beyond Reasonable Doubt (Gordon Smith)

Post by evergreen Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 10:49

Candlelight.kk wrote:A film currently in the making has developed from Gordon's book, 'Beyond Reasonable Doubt'.

The title of the film will be 'Healing The Homeland'.

Can't wait for this film to become available. excited  sunny

Added to my Favourites.  thumb 
    Please let us know when the film is out and where it can be viewed.

I have just purchased the eReader version of the book and looking forward to starting into it later this evening!
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Tue 21 Aug 2018 - 11:23

I intend to buy it too. I need some positive feedback about the spirit world right now.x.
    Misty
    Misty

Post by Misty Wed 29 Aug 2018 - 7:56

I enjoyed Gordons interview.  happyheart
    I am currently reading this book. Looking forward to the film when it comes out.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 10:06