Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

New style on the forum

Candlelight.kk

Female

New style on the forum

Post by Candlelight.kk on Mon 17 Apr 2017, 11:47

Time for a change in style for the Board. This new style, I think, makes the board easier to use and navigate. It's just a temporary trial, to test out how y'all feel about it, so feedback would be appreciated here by members. Love it, or hate it, please say so here. All members' views are welcomed here and will be taken into consideration.

(I was going to do a poll to find out what people think - but I can't remember how to do one. )
Candlelight.kk

Female

Re: New style on the forum

Post by Candlelight.kk on Mon 17 Apr 2017, 11:48

PS: You are able to change the size of the typeface all over the board with the click of your mouse. (See in the light blue header box above which says Board Index on the left): Right at the end in the right-hand corner, you will see a little 'A' inside two arrows; one pointing upwards and the other down. So, if you find the typeface too small to read comfortably, just click into the upward arrow and immediately it becomes larger. Click again and it will become larger still. Another click and it goes back to default - or you can click the down arrow to make it smaller.
Stardust
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Stardust on Mon 17 Apr 2017, 11:49

Oh wow! I love it (the change of size option). Great, Candlelight.

Erm... What else has changed? Was the background blue before and is now white? After a while, I guess we don't really notice, especially if we don't visit every day. Oops!

A gentle whisper like the breeze sighing, so easy to miss, listen carefully...
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Mon 17 Apr 2017, 11:50

Stardust wrote:Oh wow! I love it (the change of size option).

Me too.

Stardust wrote:Erm... What else has changed?

Quite a few things - the main one being that members' profiles/avatars are now on the right-hand side of the board, whereas before, these were on the left.

The toolbar buttons are different, and easier to use (I think so anyway). Everything seems much clearer.

What else .....??? D'you know .... I've forgotten what the other one looked like already!
ariel.
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Male

Post by ariel. on Mon 17 Apr 2017, 11:52

I like it.

There are lots of new things now, like portal and bookmarks and favourites, friends and foes -- not that I intend having any foes here! but it's a nice option. I like the profiles being to the right side of peoples posts also. I like it all!

mac
Happy poster
Happy poster

Male
Job/hobbies : retired

Post by mac on Mon 17 Apr 2017, 11:53

It's appearance is very attractive and clear, the default text nice and black, something I routinely change on many of my regular websites as I think it aids easy viewing - important for us old f**ts using multifocal specs. I haven't written anything other than this but based on it I give the new style my approval!
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Mon 17 Apr 2017, 11:55

ariel wrote:I like it.

There are lots of new things now, like portal and bookmarks and favourites, friends and foes -- not that I intend having any foes here! but it's a nice option. I like the profiles being to the right side of peoples posts also. I like it all!

We did actually have all those things on the old one, ariel. It's just that they may not have been so noticeable.

I'm glad that, so far at least, members seem to be quite happy with this style. My favourite bit is being able to enlarge the type, or make it smaller - it's great just having the choice and yes, I do think everything is much clearer overall and more enjoyable to use.
I think - unless in the next few days somebody complains that they absolutely hate it, we might keep this style then.
evergreen
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Male

Post by evergreen on Mon 17 Apr 2017, 11:57

I hate it. < JOKE >

Misty
Happy poster
Happy poster

Female

Post by Misty on Mon 17 Apr 2017, 11:58

I'm loving this latest forum style Candlelight. I hope it stays.
I'm getting on a bit now and change is not something so readily accepted but this is a change definitely for the better.

Current date/time is Fri 18 Aug 2017, 06:07