Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

Experiment - different style? What do you think?

Candlelight.kk

Female

Experiment - different style? What do you think?

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:35

Just as an experiment I've changed the style of the Board. Will keep it like this for a week.
Meantime, please let me have your opinions in the Poll
Feather
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Re: Experiment - different style? What do you think?

Post by Feather on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:36

I like a bit of colour especially at this drab time of year. Keep this new one.

Banish the darkness of ignorance. Encourage the light of knowledge.
liz
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Post by liz on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:38

SORRY
didnt see this post ,I've just asked on another post to change it back to the original one.
know me big feet and a big mouth,oops again.
elly
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Post by elly on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:39

i like this one although i liked the blue one too it was very calming and my dove looked like it was at home
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:40

Your beautiful Dove of peace would be at home anywhere, Elly

Come next Saturday I will see what the overall opinions are in the Poll, and whatever the highest percentage shows will remain the main style of the Board.

However, there will be a facility that everyone can access in their Profile where you will be able to change it just for your own individual use back to the original. So - you'll be able to change it back and forth any time depending on your mood of the day.

(old one) spiritual, calm and peaceful

(new one) bringing in the autumnal colours of nature - a stroll in the woods, blue sky up above, with the sun peeping through the leafy green trees
elly
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Post by elly on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:42

oh i like that idea everyone will know when i am in a narky mood then yeah
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:43

No chuck! If you choose it, only you will see the change on your own computer, it won't affect anyone else's views, everyone else will still have the main one unless they want to change for themselves. (I'll explain it better when the time comes & go through what you can do)

So, is that what you do when you're in a narky mood then - take a stroll in the woods? ...
Hey - if you want a real narky mood one, I'm sure I can find one, there's one for every mood here!!
Stardust
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Stardust on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:44

I see two thirds of the six replies so far prefer this new colour. The first thing it made me think of was mustard and gherkins.
I prefer the blue, but it will be nice to be able to choose - and change as the mood takes us.

A gentle whisper like the breeze sighing, so easy to miss, listen carefully...
elly
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Post by elly on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:46

yes i go in the woods with my dogs who are rather frustrated at the moment .cos i haven't been out with them for 3 weeks now my son is doing it and he only stays out half the time,they look so fed up when they come back....including my son
Feather
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Feather on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:47

I thought of grass and daffodils when I saw it. That's why I think it's appropriate
for the Spring, which is just around the corner.

Voldsgaard
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Male

Post by Voldsgaard on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:48

I like this one alot ...

2 thumbs up!

Spiritual Reality
louby loo
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Post by louby loo on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:50

loving it cat keep it love raggyxx
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:51

Well, as the saying goes ~ Our survey says ....

75% of you voted to keep the new board style (Acid)
while 25% prefer the original (F1 Apple Blue)

So Acid it is.
But as promised, you now have the option to change back to the old style for your own personal preference, and this will not affect the view of others.

In the Preferences section your Profile you will find a box 'Board Style'. Click onto the arrow and it will give you the choice of

Acid (this one)
F1 Apple Blue (the original style)

and there's also the option to choose between 3 others:
Aeolis
SubSilver
a brown one (yuk!)

Just a precautionary note here though, I wouldn't advise chopping and changing around too much as this could possibly affect the smooth performance of your pc.

Happy viewing!

Love,
Candlelight
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:52

Just me experimenting again ... Well ... a change is as good as a rest they say.

(I haven't got rid of the old style - which everyone seems quite happy with - but just temporarily trying out different ones, so if you absolutely hate it I'll put the option back that you can choose your own style to view).

I'll keep this one up for a week. (Then I might change it again next weekend)
I don't think it's worth opening the poll again, so if you absolutely hate me for doing this, ya better just let me know here in this thread.
Feather
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Feather on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:53

This one is fine by me but I think the last one is more unusual.I don't mind either way. Not much help, am I?

Feather
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Feather on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:53

So where's the "View new posts" notice? I use that a lot.

Misty
Happy poster
Happy poster

Female

Post by Misty on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:54

Is February a restless time of the year for you Candlelight? It was this time last year you did the same thing.
Its ok this one but when you click onto last post it brings you in to the top of the thread to the first post and you have to scroll down to find last post. Takes a bit of getting used to. But then all change does that to me.
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:55

Misty wrote:Its ok this one but when you click onto last post it brings you in to the top of the thread to the first post and you have to scroll down to find last post.

Doesn't do that for me, Misty.  Did you click on the little arrow?  If you click on the thread itself, then yes it will do that.

Feather wrote:So where's the "View new posts" notice? I use that a lot.

You'll find the "View new posts" option is just above the 'Introduction' forum, Feather, along with "View active topics" and "View unanswered posts".

Yes, I am feeling quite restless.  I hate this time of the year.  Come to think of it, traditionally this is the time I think that I tend to take stock of a lot of things .. and I do tend to mull over decisions which can result in radical changes in my life.  I can also be a bit impulsive at times ... not such a good thing (I used to call it 'adventurous'), but doing things on impulse has often got me in hot water.  I think I've mellowed a bit now though - just a bit.   lol
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:56

PS: To "view new posts" you have to be logged in - but you can "view active topics" without being logged in, and this will show the latest posts that have been made to the forums.

Also, it's a good idea to 'subscribe to topics' individually and 'bookmark' the ones you would like to be notified about by email. You can always unsubscribe.

I think just marking in your Control Panel that you would like to subscribe to forums is not enough, that just allows it overall, but I think you need to mark each forum or topic respectively if you want notification - otherwise you could miss out.
(I've only recently discovered this myself actually - since the upgrade - as before we didn't need to do that).
Stardust
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Stardust on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:57

I thought I'd walked into a smokey bar... kept blinking my eyes thinking there was something wrong with them... but it's only Candlelight experimenting with board colours again.

When I look at the band at the top my eyes go funny, a bit like looking through somebody else's glasses.

Sorry to sound negative. I like the butterflies but would prefer a brighter blue without the foggy atmosphere. Guess it's a reflection of your mood, Candlelight. But remember Spring will soon be here.

Feather
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Feather on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 22:58

Preferred the bright blue. When the image is out of focus, I think my glaucoma's back.

Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 23:00

Stardust wrote:Guess it's a reflection of your mood, Candlelight.

You're so right there, Stardust - only I didn't realise till now just what that mood was!  lol

At first glance, I liked the idea of the butterflies and the hearts - but once the style was put up everything turned out cloudy and hard to make out.  I know the butterflies and the hearts are there, I can see them but they are elusive, out of focus.  Reach out to one and it fades into a foggy mist ....
Yes, a reflection of my mood ...  Sad  

Right!  Need to snap out of that one.  That style was called 'Anna'.  I've decided Anna (whoever she was/is) is a manic depressive - and we don't want that sort of negativity around here ... so Goodbye Anna ..
Say hello to [ ? ] hmmm ... not sure what this one is called - will fill in details later.
Stardust
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Stardust on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 23:01

I'm not a Catholic but that blue could be Mary.
It's the clear blue of a bright Summer sky too.

Our avatars have changed sides and they look bigger!

Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 23:02

Yes, I've been experimenting again.
I like this one because it shows the topic subject of the last post, not just who the last poster was. What do you think?

Also, it's colourful and cheerful.

You can change the font size to suit your preference, make bigger or smaller (top right-hand corner - the letter A with the up and down arrows)

I'll keep it up for a week and if no-one objects I think I'd like to keep this one.

(If anyone really HATES it, let me know and I will set the forum so that you can keep your own individual choice)
Feather
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Feather on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 23:03

I like this one but some may think it too dark.

Misty
Happy poster
Happy poster

Female

Post by Misty on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 23:05

Loving it. This is the best one yet! Hope it stays.
Misty
Happy poster
Happy poster

Female

Post by Misty on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 23:06

YUK!!!! Don't like this one. (17th April) Bring back the colourful one.
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 23:08

Misty wrote:YUK!!!!  Don't like this one.   :shock:    (17th April)   Bring back the colourful one.
Yes, you're right Misty.  Pretty awful that one was.

How about this one?    razz
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 23:08

Ok, so I've done a bit of a remix now. Kept the style of the one called 'Dark Green' because it's the only one that shows the topic of the last post on the Board Index - but changed the inside to make it (hopefully) more user friendly than the Dark Green's inside. Also we now have our burning candle back on every page.

I promise I won't mess about any more. I'm liking it now the way it is - but don't forget if anyone is particularly mourning for any one of the styles we've experimented with - just let me know and your own preference will be made available for you to keep individually.
cheeky cherub
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Male

Post by cheeky cherub on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 23:12

Candlelight wrote:I promise I won't mess about any more.  I'm liking it now the way it is

Aw that's a shame.  Sad   This forum is in my favourites now.  I look forward to checking in here to see what style you've changed to.   Mr. Green  
Variety is the spice of life!     I like my life spicy.      lol
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 23:15

cheeky cherub wrote:Variety is the spice of life! I like my life spicy.

ha ha - know exactly what you mean, cheeky.

Well, here's something to make it just that little bit more interesting then ...
There is one place in the forum as it is, one thread where I have kept the 'old style', i.e. the "Dark Green" one - inside. See if you can find where that place is.

In fact, I think I might do this perhaps once a week from now on - but I will pick a random thread each time - I'll call it the Spicy Slice.
Stardust
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Stardust on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 23:16

I was hoping you'd get fed up with the black board, Candlelight.
I went through some of my older posts recently and removed the colour (blue) I'd used since it becomes very difficult to read against the black. There are probably more that I've not seen but no time to check at the moment.

Just read your new message re the forum being private now, so we have to log-in even if there are no new posts since we can no longer access 'View active topics' to see what's new. I think this is a good idea because it will give you a better vision of who visits. I usually don't bother logging-in if there are no new posts and probably everybody else is the same, so this way you'll know how many of us have checked the forum, as I'm sure lots of us do.

Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 23:17

Hi Stardust,
There are a few things which still need fixing. When I have some more time - over the weekend, I will sort it that the inside of the forum is much more user friendly, i.e. we won't have the black background and your colours will be easier to read.
I'm also going to go through a list of the styles that are available and everyone will get a choice to fix their own preferred style through their own personal control panel. No time just now but I will definitely try to have it sorted out over the weekend.
I'm sorry about your "blues" - but leave them for the moment till we get something to suit all and that everyone can be happy with.

btw - Does the candle favicon show up in your browser now? If you have LightafterLife in your favourites it should show up now with its own little candle icon in front.
Stardust
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Stardust on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 23:18

Hey Candlelight, thanks for the rapid reply.
You must rest awhile during the weekend, don't spend all your time working on the forum or you'll be worn out.

Yes I do have the little candle icon in front of 'LightAfterLife'. The only difference with the board candle is that the flame doesn't dance, obviously.

Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 23:20

Hi Stardust,

Weekends are the only time I get to do any work on the forum, and (as you've probably gathered) I do love experimenting with and introducing new designs and interesting interactive features for everyone to enjoy - at least I hope people enjoy them. It's always nice to get the feedback, be they just grumps and groans - at least it lets me know what people are either happy about or p!ssed off about! - and I can then at least try and do something where a happy medium comes about.
Hopefully, people will start putting some feedback in the new Guestbook.
Stardust
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Stardust on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 23:21

I did hesitate to mention that I found the black off-putting because I didn't want to upset you, Candlelight.
Today it looks like parts are now dark grey (against the black) and it does look pretty chic, I have to say.
But even though like you, Candlelight, I love dressing in black (and red), for a spiritual forum it may seem odd and more suitable for a Goth or witchcraft forum.
I'm getting used to it though. What do others think?

Stardust
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Stardust on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 23:22

Love the new blue duo, Candlelight.

What does the "Full Editor" button do? (on the right of "Submit" under the "Quick Reply" box).
Makes me think of the "Full Monty".

Misty
Happy poster
Happy poster

Female

Post by Misty on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 23:23

You've changed it back again to my old favourite. I do love this style. Hope it stays!

Current date/time is Fri 18 Aug 2017, 06:09