Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

2 posters

Psychic Artistry

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Psychic Artistry Empty Psychic Artistry

Post by Candlelight.kk Wed 3 May 2017 - 8:39

(originally posted on 08 Apr 2017)

Coral Polge was an english artist medium with the ability to make drawings of spirit entities. She was artistically guided by the spirit of Maurice-Quentin de La Tour (1704 -1788) in making drawings of entities, those the medium clairvoyant was able to see close to the people who visited her for a consult. She said:"I don't actually see the person I am drawing, I am rather drawing what I feel than what I see. It is something about the personality I am drawing that comes over me and it is developing as I am drawing. Sometimes I get so many links that I start mixing the influences and get wrong results. I cannot concentrate on a specific person, I am drawing whichever spirit of whatever person links with me."

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Psychic Artistry Empty Re: Psychic Artistry

Post by Candlelight.kk Wed 3 May 2017 - 8:40

Coral Polge went home (passed away) in April 2001.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was lucky enough to have seen her demonstrate her psychic art once at the Spiritualist Association of Great Britain in Belgrave Square, London.  I had no idea at the time who she was or what she did, and had simply turned up at the SAGB that day to see a demonstration of mediumship.  These demonstrations with different mediums every day were a regular daily occurrence at the time (would have been in the early 1980's, when both my parents were still alive and I knew of no-one close to me at that time who had passed.)

The demonstration room on that day was packed to the hilt.  They had brought in extra chairs to accommodate the throngs of people that had come that day especially to see this psychic artist - and even then there were people standing all the way up the aisle and a crowd squashed together down at the back of the room.  I was one of those left without a seat and standing down in the crushed crowd at the back - and was finding it hard to see what she was doing all the way up there on the platform.  Yet, amazingly, she picked me out of the crowd, telling me she had my grandmother on my mother's side (whom I barely knew - my only memory/knowledge of her was as a very young child talking with her at her bedside back in Ireland, not long before she died.  She would have been around 90.  This was before our family moved back to live in Ireland - and I was 6 or 7 when they did so.)

I cannot even remember anything of what this medium was saying to me at the time - couldn't really hear her properly, and was too far away to see what she was drawing all the time while she spoke.
    At the end of each message and drawing, however, she sprayed some sort of laminate over the drawings (to keep the charcoal work from fading off the paper) and gave the drawings to the recipients of the messages.  So I went home with this profile portrait drawing of a lady totally unknown to me - that is, until I showed it to my aunt (my mother's sister who also lived here in England).  She immediately commented that this was an uncannily detailed descriptive likeness of her mother (my grandmother) and went to bring me some old photos that she had tucked away.  One of those photos was one of my granny, then aged about 30 - and this professionally-taken portrait photo was the spitting image of my drawing!
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Wed 3 May 2017 - 8:41

nice story, kk - Is anyone of her ilk demonstrating nowadays?
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Wed 3 May 2017 - 8:43

There's one that I know of who demonstrates at the SAGB. 

HILARY SMITH
      Psychic Artistry HilarySmithNewL
    Now retired from a busy career as a nurse and midwife, psychic artist Hilary trained to be a medium at the SAGB , and has shared her gift with others for the past fifteen years. Hilary works together with Geoff Hayward and other mediums offering Psychic Art demonstrations, once a month on Sundays at 5pm.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I did see her demonstrate at one of the SAGB's Teaching weekends down at Eastbourne.  The guy sitting next to me was a trance healer from Denmark.  He got a message and was ecstatically impressed with his drawing.  We got talking afterwards and he told me more of the details of his message and the significance of the drawing.

Current date/time is Fri 18 Oct 2024 - 9:47