Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

4 posters

Aaaargh! Why Facebook?

Brian
    Brian

Aaaargh! Why Facebook? Empty Aaaargh! Why Facebook?

Post by Brian Sat 2 Jun 2018 - 11:47

Why do so many people and groups put their products and information solely on Facebook where people like me who don't want a Facebook account can't see them?  When I was still in England, I used to buy the occasional copy of Kindred Spirit magazine  [Only admins are allowed to see this link] but their online site is on Facebook!
    Misty
    Misty

Aaaargh! Why Facebook? Empty Re: Aaaargh! Why Facebook?

Post by Misty Sat 2 Jun 2018 - 12:57

Is this the one you mean Brian?  [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sat 2 Jun 2018 - 13:33

Brian wrote:Why do so many people and groups put their products and information solely on Facebook where people like me who don't want a Facebook account can't see them?  When I was still in England, I used to buy the occasional copy of Kindred Spirit magazine  [Only admins are allowed to see this link] but their online site is on Facebook!
    I guess that the answer to that can only be answered by the people and groups involved but it may be because they reach most folk with minimum effort. 

You could also ask: "Why do so many people use Facebook?"  And the answer may be that it's because so many others do...

I don't have a Facebook account either, by the way.
    Brian
    Brian

Post by Brian Sat 2 Jun 2018 - 13:40

Misty wrote:Is this the one you mean Brian?  [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    Fantastic!  Thank you so much Misty. happyheart
    Brian
    Brian

Post by Brian Sat 2 Jun 2018 - 13:42

mac wrote:
    Brian wrote:Why do so many people and groups put their products and information solely on Facebook where people like me who don't want a Facebook account can't see them?  When I was still in England, I used to buy the occasional copy of Kindred Spirit magazine  [Only admins are allowed to see this link] but their online site is on Facebook!
    I guess that the answer to that can only be answered by the people and groups involved but it may be because they reach most folk with minimum effort. 

You could also ask: "Why do so many people use Facebook?"  And the answer may be that it's because so many others do...

Good point.  I wonder if it might also be cheaper than maintaining a seperate site.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sat 2 Jun 2018 - 14:04

Brian wrote:
    mac wrote:

Good point.  I wonder if it might also be cheaper than maintaining a seperate site.
    I don't know but at least some websites are free-hosted.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 2 Jun 2018 - 15:05

I've never even heard of that publication before now.

I'm going to add it to our Links Library. very happy

Current date/time is Mon 6 May 2024 - 13:39