Light After Life

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

COVID-19: All the latest LIVE global updates - updated throughout each day

The Video of the Week now showing on our Portal page is: 'PSYCHIC' (Parts 1 and 2)
3 posters

New option: Click the hand to show you 'like' (agree with / approve of) a posted message

Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk

New option: Click the hand to show you 'like' (agree with / approve of) a posted message Empty New option: Click the hand to show you 'like' (agree with / approve of) a posted message

Post by Candlelight.kk Thu 3 May 2018 - 17:27

New option: Click the hand to show you 'like' (agree with / approve of) a posted message New_re10
You will find a new button in the posting area of the forum:  There is now the option to click the little green thumbs-up icon down the bottom of each message post, if you like the post.  Not quite sure how it turns out; we shall have to see if and when anyone uses the option.  I think when you have clicked the green hand, a message will show that you have liked that member's post, or something similar - and there will also be a permanent record to show how many 'likes' that post has received.
(Obviously, you will not be able to 'like' any of your own posts.  lol - it must just be assumed that you like it if you have posted it in the first place!  rabbit )
mac
mac

New option: Click the hand to show you 'like' (agree with / approve of) a posted message Empty Re: New option: Click the hand to show you 'like' (agree with / approve of) a posted message

Post by mac Fri 4 May 2018 - 12:36

There's your first like! 

I'm not over-fond of the 'like' button utility but there are times when they're appropriate, even for me!  For example when I've agreed with what's been said but don't have anything useful/helpful to add in response or if I've said my piece before and don't want to re-join the topic. 

I doubt it will make much difference here where only a small few of us are regular contributors.
Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk

New option: Click the hand to show you 'like' (agree with / approve of) a posted message Empty Re: New option: Click the hand to show you 'like' (agree with / approve of) a posted message

Post by Candlelight.kk Fri 4 May 2018 - 14:52

mac wrote:There's your first like! 

I'm not over-fond of the 'like' button utility but there are times when they're appropriate, even for me!  For example when I've agreed with what's been said but don't have anything useful/helpful to add in response or if I've said my piece before and don't want to re-join the topic. 

I doubt it will make much difference here where only a small few of us are regular contributors.

Ah, thank you, mac. very happy   I've given you one back now - as I do happen to agree with all that you have said there.
One good thing about it, is that you can read back over old posts and 'like' an individual post as you read.
Misty
Misty

Post by Misty Sat 5 May 2018 - 14:38

Another like from me. Cool   Great feature. I like it!  Double thumbs up. thumb

PS- I see that I have received a like already Smile  but I have no idea where that came from. eek
mac
mac

Post by mac Sat 5 May 2018 - 17:59

Misty wrote:Another like from me. Cool   Great feature. I like it!  Double thumbs up. thumb

PS- I see that I have received a like already Smile  but I have no idea where that came from. eek
secret admirer?
Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 20:21

Misty wrote:Another like from me. Cool   Great feature. I like it!  Double thumbs up. thumb

I'm trying to find a way so that it shows who has given the likes on each post.  I have seen it done that way on other forums, but not sure if it can be done here.
Misty
Misty

Post by Misty Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 10:14

Candlelight.kk wrote:

I'm trying to find a way so that it shows who has given the likes on each post.  I have seen it done that way on other forums, but not sure if it can be done here.

I would like that  (pun intended) Mr. Green

Current date/time is Mon 25 Oct 2021 - 18:01