Light After Life

Discussion forum exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

Time to stop seeking?

Candlelight.kk

Time to stop seeking?

Post by Candlelight.kk on 6th February 2018, 18:24

"If there are so many seekers, why are there so few finders?"
-- Eckhart Tolle

Perhaps we've misunderstood the whole concept of a spiritual journey. The term 'seeker' means we are looking for something we believe we do not have now. It places all hope on the future because as a seeker, we haven't yet found our salvation.

Tolle encourages us to experience the truth of who we are by being present right now. If we do that, we don't have to seek anything. We already have everything and can relax and rejoice in the power of being.

"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment.
A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment.
If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing else to pursue."
-- Hagakure
mac
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Time to stop seeking?

Post by mac on 6th February 2018, 19:43

And do we accept what these guys say - is it automatically right for everyone just because they say it?  As for seeking, surely it's an unending process because after we find one thing we continue looking for others?  Not just seeking without finding anything.
Candlelight.kk

Re: Time to stop seeking?

Post by Candlelight.kk on 6th February 2018, 23:04

mac wrote:And do we accept what these guys say - is it automatically right for everyone just because they say it?
Absolutely not, mac.  We surely ought not accept without question what anyone says as being "automatically right".
These regular food-for-thought 'Higher Awareness' offerings are generally provided with a question-mark (as is this one), as the intention really is to give us food for thought, something to consider, question and discuss - a basis upon which to form our own conclusions, which in turn will invariably generate more questions - just as you have said:
mac wrote:As for seeking, surely it's an unending process because after we find one thing we continue looking for others?  Not just seeking without finding anything.

If you look back through the history of the Food For Thought forum, you will see that many of these sayings will appear at first glance to contradict each other.  The quoted sayings are collated from a selection of sources; great thinkers past and present.  The plain type sandwiched between the quotes are the personal offerings of the compilers of 'Higher Awareness', in an effort to get people thinking, questioning and delving further within.  I think where you mention in your post "these guys", that's who you are referring to(?)  Well, I think it goes without saying that they would be the last people to expect anyone to accept what anyone says as "automatically right".

My own personal opinion and thought in reply to the question posed, the subject of this post, is NO.  It's never time to stop seeking.  Be aware of and live in 'The Now', by all means (to the best of our ability), but the state of being aware should not in any way stop us from continuing to seek; on the contrary - the more answers we find, the more questions we have a need to ask, and so it will continue until we find ourselves completely and fully aware [again] - i.e. when we finally transition and return home (pass over - pop our clogs, whatever way you want to put it).  Only then will the questions cease.
(I repeat - these are purely my own thoughts on the matter - and I do not expect anyone to accept any of it as 'right' or 'wrong' or indifferent ....) .... but I am interested in hearing others' views on the subject though, irrespective of whether they agree or not, in fact - especially if they disagree ...). excited

Current date/time is 16th October 2018, 01:35