Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

COVID-19: All the latest LIVE global updates - updated throughout each day

The Video of the Week now showing on our Portal page is: 'PSYCHIC' (Parts 1 and 2)
3 posters

Psychic News

mac
mac

Psychic News Empty Psychic News

Post by mac Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 18:11

I saw on PN's advertising details a name from my past, medium Stephen O' Brien.  It takes me back three decades....

Defending his mediumship set me off on a course that eventually led to my writing here in connection with the piece he's written in PN this month. 

I've often wondered if he's still around and still serving the spirit.
Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk

Psychic News Empty Stephen O'Brien

Post by Candlelight.kk Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 14:27

mac wrote:I've often wondered if he's still around and still serving the spirit.

Oh yes, Stephen is still very much around, as you can see from his website: http://www.stephenobrien.co.uk/

He continues to serve as a dedicated ambassador for Spiritualism, not least in his role as Principal of the Academy of Psychic & Spiritual Studies (APSS).
mac
mac

Psychic News Empty Stephen O'Brien

Post by mac Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 15:36

Candlelight.kk wrote:
mac wrote:I've often wondered if he's still around and still serving the spirit.

Oh yes, Stephen is still very much around, as you can see from his website: http://www.stephenobrien.co.uk/

He continues to serve as a dedicated ambassador for Spiritualism, not least in his role as Principal of the Academy of Psychic & Spiritual Studies (APSS).
I should have looked online!!  His academy reminds me of Colin Fry's place in Ramsbergsgarden, if it still exists....  Again I ought to be look-before-writing that last bit!!
evergreen
evergreen

Psychic News Empty Re: Psychic News

Post by evergreen Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 13:17

mac wrote:
Candlelight.kk wrote:

I should have looked online!!  His academy reminds me of Colin Fry's place in Ramsbergsgarden, if it still exists....  Again I ought to be look-before-writing that last bit!!

I don't know why I haven't heard of this well-known medium! Been reading with much interest into both links.  Thank you!

As mentioned on Stephen O'Brien's website, he has written a number of books which I am interested in purchasing. Anyone here read his books? Can you recommend which is the best one to start with out of the list ?

• Voices from Heaven: Communion with Another World
  • Visions of Another World: The Autobiography of a Medium
  • A Gift of Golden Light
  • In Touch with Eternity: Contact with Another World
  • Angels by My Side: Psychic Life of a Medium
mac
mac

Post by mac Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 14:04

I think I've read three of those books but it's so long ago that I don't remember what I thought of them.  He was in the public eye and a young man when I was new to this stuff, over thirty years ago.

At that time there was also Doris Stokes and Doris Collins giving hall-filling demonstrations of clairvoyance/clairaudience.  Does anyone know if there are any mediums 'doing the rounds' in a similar way or is it a thing of the past?
evergreen
evergreen

Post by evergreen Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 16:25

Thanks mac.  I suppose it would make sense to start with his first book.  

mac wrote:At that time there was also Doris Stokes and Doris Collins giving hall-filling demonstrations of clairvoyance/clairaudience.  Does anyone know if there are any mediums 'doing the rounds' in a similar way or is it a thing of the past?

Tony Stockwell and Gordon Smith are two of the mediums I hear of that regularly do tours filling up theatre halls and spiritualist churches special events all over the UK and abroad demonstrating Clairvoyance and Mediumship.  I know there are a lot more on the circuit also, often advertised in publications like Spirit & Destiny, Psychic News or through word of mouth in the local spiritualist churches.
mac
mac

Post by mac Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 19:05

evergreen wrote:Thanks mac.  I suppose it would make sense to start with his first book.  

mac wrote:At that time there was also Doris Stokes and Doris Collins giving hall-filling demonstrations of clairvoyance/clairaudience.  Does anyone know if there are any mediums 'doing the rounds' in a similar way or is it a thing of the past?

Tony Stockwell and Gordon Smith are two of the mediums I hear of that regularly do tours filling up theatre halls and spiritualist churches special events all over the UK and abroad demonstrating Clairvoyance and Mediumship.  I know there are a lot more on the circuit also, often advertised in publications like Spirit & Destiny, Psychic News or through word of mouth in the local spiritualist churches.
Oh yes, I'd forgotten those two mediums.
evergreen
evergreen

Post by evergreen Sun 4 Feb 2018 - 17:59

I'm now reading Visions of Another World.  Really enjoying it.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Nov 2021 - 5:53