Light After Life

Discussion forum exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

Kai Muegge

Maxy
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Kai Muegge

Post by Maxy on 15th January 2018, 22:52

Have any of you followed the career of the German physical medium Kai Muegge?

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Kai_Muegge

He has admitted to using an LED device during his séances to fake "spirit" lights. He has admitted to fraud so most parapsychologists have now dismissed his claims.

What do you spiritualists on this forum think about this medium?
Candlelight.kk

Re: Kai Muegge

Post by Candlelight.kk on 16th January 2018, 13:10

Maxy wrote:Have any of you followed the career of the German physical medium Kai Muegge?
<
<
What do you spiritualists on this forum think about this medium?

"Followed the career" is not the term I would use; but I have heard and read quite a bit about the Kai Muegge show.

I would not class this person as a medium, nor would I describe what he does as mediumship, certainly not evidential mediumship as I know it.  IMHO, his performances are merely acts of showmanship, the sort of thing that can be replicated in the arena of many travelling magicians.  There are some who enjoy this form of entertainment, but they would be kidding themselves to imagine that this is mediumship that they are witnessing.
mac
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mac on 16th January 2018, 22:32

Had this thread been posted by a member with a genuine interest in discussion of the subject, rather than being posted by a mischief-maker, I would have responded accordingly. 

Given who it is I have no comment.  monster
Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk on 19th January 2018, 18:39

Not having had the opportunity of personally attending a séance with KM, I must stress that my own response to the OP is based purely on my own opinion - formed solely from what I have read in various places online, third party reports, and freely available YT videos, etc.

In the interest of fairness and balance, I am including here some favourable reports from people who have their own personal experience of being at a séance with Kai Muegge.  

• This report from someone called Peter Steedman:

• This account from Donna James mentions that one of the attendees and checkers at this event was medium Terry Tasker.  I know Terry very well, and know him to be an extremely experienced and well-respected evidential medium and healer.  As well as being in open circle with him on a couple of occasions, I have attended an eventful and memorable full day Healing Workshop run by him, some years back at the SAGB, and also had the pleasure of transcribing from a cassette-recorded one-to-one reading that someone had with him (Terry) at SAGB. That person verified to me the authenticity of all the amazingly evidential information given to him in that reading, and told me that in particular one piece of very detailed information that was given in that reading was known ONLY by himself, no-one else in his family - indeed, no other living person could possibly have known that information - and he had made a specific request that I omit that detail from the transcribed paper version of the recording, as he did not want anyone else in his family to know about it. (IMO, an acceptable and verifiable witness)
mac
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mac on 20th January 2018, 14:06

It's a frustrating situation when accounts of apparently sound mediumship then get spoiled by other accounts suggesting fraud.  Someone, somewhere, referred to it as 'mixed mediumship', a neat euphemism.

Current date/time is 14th November 2018, 16:34