Light After Life

Discussion forum exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

Quote of the Day

Candlelight.kk

Quote of the Day

Post by Candlelight.kk on 30th December 2017, 18:27

Today's quote on the forum:

Every man regards his own life as the New Year's Eve of time.
Jean Paul

I just don't get it.  scratch head  confused drunken

Any deep thinkers/philosophers out there that can make some sense out of it and perhaps offer some sort of meaningful explanation, I would really like to hear it. 

What does that saying mean to YOU?
Candlelight.kk

Re: Quote of the Day

Post by Candlelight.kk on 31st December 2017, 17:58

Hmmm ... today's quote is the exact same one we had for New Year's Eve last year:

Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.
Benjamin Franklin

I made it my new year's resolution for 2017 - stayed at peace with my neighbours and as far as my vices were concerned - well, I didn't exactly 'go to war' with them (far too many wars on the planet as it is!) and anyway my vices were honestly not really all that bad to start with (  witchy ), but let's just say I tried my very best to keep them under control, cos let's face it, if by doing all that the new year was going to 'find me a better man', I figured it might be worth the effort... razz
Well, sadly, this 'better man' didn't show up. sadface  lostwings

Maybe this new year?  Mr. Green  New Year's resolution: Try extra hard with those vices. sidestep

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.  happyheart
mac
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Quote of the Day

Post by mac on 31st December 2017, 18:40

I don't do new year resolutions as I'm just perfect as I am!   LOL LOL LOL!

Current date/time is 23rd October 2018, 05:10