Light After Life

Discussion forum exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

illusion?

mac
VIP Member
VIP Member

illusion?

Post by mac on 17th December 2017, 20:45

I’ve done my stuff. I’ve researched and contemplated all I found. Then out of the blue recently I got a big surprise about something I had felt comfortable with for a long time – spirituality.

For a very long time I felt persuaded that experiences during life in-the-body enhanced the rate of personal spiritual progress. It’s what I thought spiritual guides had taught us. Nobody provided an alternative or at least I didn’t recognise it if they did.

The words we use may mean different things to each of us. In a similar way we have different ideas about the way we came into being, both as spirit individuals and as humans. I’ve always thought we progressed spiritually towards a state of near spiritual perfection before we reach our end as individuals - progression from where we are spiritually now to a point where no further progress can be made. Recently all that changed.

I still see us as from the source and identically similar to the source. When I say ‘us’ I’m referring to our ‘spirit selves’ our individual but spiritually-identical forms; identical ‘sparks’ of creative energy that animate every kind of personal existence. Those ‘sparks’ were spiritually perfect when they left the source to experience life as individuals and that spiritual perfection never changes. They don’t need to progress spiritually - they are already spiritually perfect. And when I refer to ‘they’ I’m actually meaning ‘us’, the spiritual us.

We each are individuated sparks of that divine source, eternally spiritually-perfect but appearing as something less. Isn’t that the grandest of illusions?
Candlelight.kk

Re: illusion?

Post by Candlelight.kk on 17th December 2017, 22:33

mac wrote:out of the blue recently I got a big surprise

Well, I sure hope you're going to be a bit more specific about just what this big surprise was, and how it came about(?)
mac
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mac on 18th December 2017, 00:12

Candlelight.kk wrote:
mac wrote:out of the blue recently I got a big surprise

Well, I sure hope you're going to be a bit more specific about just what this big surprise was, and how it came about(?)
Nope that's all I got...
Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk on 18th December 2017, 00:33

mac wrote:Nope that's all I got...
I don't understand what you are saying, mac.

mac wrote:For a very long time I felt persuaded that experiences during life in-the-body enhanced the rate of personal spiritual progress. It’s what I thought spiritual guides had taught us. Nobody provided an alternative or at least I didn’t recognise it if they did.
mac wrote:Recently all that changed.
Why?  
And - changed in what way?

What occurred "recently" to bring about this change?
mac
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mac on 18th December 2017, 00:56

Candlelight.kk wrote:
mac wrote:Nope that's all I got...
I don't understand what you are saying, mac.

mac wrote:For a very long time I felt persuaded that experiences during life in-the-body enhanced the rate of personal spiritual progress. It’s what I thought spiritual guides had taught us. Nobody provided an alternative or at least I didn’t recognise it if they did.
mac wrote:Recently all that changed.
Why?  
And - changed in what way?

What occurred "recently" to bring about this change?
I don't think I know exactly.  Something in me changed leaving a different appreciation of 'stuff' I earlier thought I understood.  It may have been triggered by conversations about our perception of time.... I'm unsure.
Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Post by Misty on 18th December 2017, 13:04

So does that mean you having to to start all over again Mac?  
Back to the big question WHY ARE WE HERE?
mac
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mac on 18th December 2017, 13:24

Misty wrote:So does that mean you having to to start all over again Mac?  
Oh no - there's no having to start all over again.  That's still down to freewill, personal choice.  The answer to your "big question" remains almost unchanged - to experience lives away from the source.  Just strike the part that talks about it being to enhance our spiritual progression.
Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk on 21st December 2017, 02:01

mac wrote:
Misty wrote:So does that mean you having to to start all over again Mac?  
Oh no - there's no having to start all over again.  That's still down to freewill, personal choice.  The answer to your "big question" remains almost unchanged - to experience lives away from the source.  Just strike the part that talks about it being to enhance our spiritual progression.

Illusion
I know this may sound a bit weird, but for as far back as I can remember, I have always felt as though in a way this earthly life is simply an illusion, and one which I am just observing from 'somewhere else', though not really knowing where that somewhere else was ...  I remember one specific occasion in my teens, asking this guy I was going out with at the time - do you ever feel that 'life is not real, but just an illusion, a sort of a movie being played out on a screen and that you are on the outside looking in'....  His reaction was to say in what I thought was a jokey tone, that he was getting seriously worried about me (or something to that effect).  I never did hear from him again after that. What a Face
It taught me to keep those kind of thoughts and musings to myself... and I did so for a long time afterwards.

As to
"the big question WHY ARE WE HERE?"
I asked that very question - out loud, one night (about 11 or 12 years ago, at a time in my life when feeling very low. Not even sure who I was asking the question of, well - questions, plural, really - 'What is the point of this life?  Why do we go through all this suffering?  Why do we end up losing all that we love?  Why are we here?  Why am I here? ... all these questions uttered out loud whilst sobbing myself to sleep.  That was the night that my mother (20 years deceased) appeared to me - in full material form, physically in my room, smiling ....
That in itself gave an answer to one of those questions - the answer being that we don't lose all that we love; they are not 'gone', but very much still around - and that was just the beginning of the answers to a whole load more questions ...

Current date/time is 23rd October 2018, 05:12