Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

2 posters

For Richard (DD)

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

For Richard (DD) Empty For Richard (DD)

Post by Candlelight.kk Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 13:49

Deepest sympathy and condolences extended to Richard, the father of Gaia, at this extremely sad time.

My thoughts are with you, Richard ('DD'), and all your family.   (~ Kitkat x)

For Richard (DD) 7df14810
    Misty
    Misty

For Richard (DD) Empty Re: For Richard (DD)

Post by Misty Thu 23 Nov 2017 - 17:09

Richard ('DD')
    Questionmark
    I thought I had seen him somewhere before.  Is he the skeptic spokesperson featured in the Gary Mannion documentary? Richard Sutherland? DD on the forums? Didnt you meet at the Muncaster paranormal conference kk?
    Whether yes or not, my heart goes out to this poor grieving family.  To have lost a loved one at such a young age and in such a way must be so very difficult for everyone who knew and loved her.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Thu 23 Nov 2017 - 21:45

Misty wrote:
    Richard ('DD')
    Questionmark
    I thought I had seen him somewhere before.  Is he the skeptic spokesperson featured in the Gary Mannion documentary? Richard Sutherland? DD on the forums? Didnt you meet at the Muncaster paranormal conference kk?
    Whether yes or not, my heart goes out to this poor grieving family.  To have lost a loved one at such a young age and in such a way must be so very difficult for everyone who knew and loved her.

Partly right, Misty.  Richard does indeed appear in the the 2009 documentary, Gary: Young, Psychic and Possessed, seen here briefly in this short trailer:  

We have not met IRL, but do go back awhile as online sparring partners.
    I have sent you a pm.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Tue 6 Nov 2018 - 18:25

06 Nov 2018
    Gaia Pope's twin sister calls for justice
    The twin of Gaia Pope who was found dead 11 days after she went missing says she wants justice for her sister.
    Maya Pope-Sutherland says the family is still waiting for answers a year after the 19-year-old went missing from Swanage in November 2017. Her body was found near the Dorset coast path following an 11-day search.
    Speaking ahead of the first anniversary of her disappearance, the family have also started a community art project for people to create and donate artwork to honour Gaia's memory.

more   https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-dorset-46100284/gaia-pope-s-twin-sister-calls-for-justice

For Richard (DD) 7df14810
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

For Richard (DD) Empty Justice for Gaia

Post by Candlelight.kk Wed 7 Nov 2018 - 20:33

From the website Justice For Gaia :
    We are a family, fighting for the truth about what happened to our beloved Gaia. We want justice for her death and for all those impacted by sexual violence and austerity.

Gaia was bright, brave, kind, creative and fiercely loyal to those she loved. The challenges she faced as a young woman living with epilepsy and as a survivor of sexual violence inspired her to pursue a career in health and social care. She wanted to dedicate her life to others and help transform a healthcare system she felt forgotten and neglected by.

The moment Gaia went missing on the 7 November 2017, we knew something was wrong. She was distressed and without her phone, wallet or medication. We reported her missing within hours. By sunset, friends were travelling from far and wide to help us find her and bring her home.

Soon there was a massive police investigation and a public search which mobilised thousands of people across the country. Gaia was missing for eleven days, before her body was eventually found within a mile of where she had gone missing. She was 19 years old. It wasn’t until February 2018 that we learned she had died of hypothermia.

After being raped at the age of 16, Gaia suffered from post-traumatic stress. Following this, her epilepsy had deteriorated to become life threatening. While the police did not take up her case, her attacker – a known child sex offender we cannot name for legal reasons – was imprisoned for another offence. But she lived in fear of his early release, with little support beyond her close family and friends.

The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) has ordered two investigations into the conduct of Dorset Police: one looking at the failed rape case and another at their response to her disappearance. These investigations will feed into the ongoing inquest into Gaia’s death, to discover exactly how and why we lost her – and what needs to change.

The world is a darker place without Gaia, but she is still a light in our lives.

We who loved her, honour her memory by fighting for her rights and for the better world that she believed in.

Please help to honour and celebrate the memory of this beautiful soul's short life, by spreading awareness
    and sharing the address and the sentiments expressed by her grieving family and friends in the 'Justice For Gaia' website.

link https://justiceforgaia.com/

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 13:59