Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

3 posters

BUTTONS

mac
    mac

BUTTONS Empty BUTTONS?

Post by mac Fri 15 Sep 2017 - 19:42

Is it possible for you, or for us, to activate 'Quote' and 'Edit' buttons on this website, kk?
    mac
    mac

BUTTONS Empty BUTTONS?

Post by mac Fri 15 Sep 2017 - 19:43

I thought it said 'Seasoned Poser' under my avatar space!
    Misty
    Misty

BUTTONS Empty BUTTONS?

Post by Misty Fri 15 Sep 2017 - 21:03

mac wrote:Is it possible for you, or for us, to activate 'Quote' and 'Edit' buttons on this website, kk?

Both quote and edit are already activated mac.  Down the bottom of each post.

I just edited this post to add that we have multiquote here as well --- and I even know how to use it now! because I asked on krazy kats.  Cool  Happy
    mac
    mac

BUTTONS Empty BUTTONS?

Post by mac Fri 15 Sep 2017 - 22:07

Misty wrote:
    mac wrote:Is it possible for you, or for us, to activate 'Quote' and 'Edit' buttons on this website, kk?

I just edited this post to add that we have multiquote here as well --- and I even know how to use it now! because I asked on krazy kats.  Cool  Happy
    curious!  thank you

Yes as you can see the quotation buttons are there and I've used one for this reply but earlier I was using another laptop computer.  I'll have to take a look at that tomorrow as the battery is being charged right now and also  I'm to lazy to get off my bum and walk to it!
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

BUTTONS Empty BUTTONS?

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 16 Sep 2017 - 0:53

mac wrote:
    Misty wrote:

curious!  thank you

Yes as you can see the quotation buttons are there and I've used one for this reply but earlier I was using another laptop computer.  I'll have to take a look at that tomorrow as the battery is being charged right now and also  I'm to lazy to get off my bum and walk to it!

Mac,
    If you are still having problems with the 'Quote' buttons, there is another way that you can use quoting (without the buttons) while in your Editor box making a post.  To save going through it all again, here is an example of that very subject made in a post on the Krazy Kats forum, which I hope explains it in detail for you:  
    https://krazykats.forumotion.co.uk/t1037-solved-multiquote#8194

Whiskers wrote:What is the multiquote feature BUTTONS 82110, found at the bottom of every post, and what is its function?  When I press it, it doesnt do anything. shrug  I have searched in FAQs and cant find the answer there or anywhere else.  

I know about the quote function BUTTONS 276, but I have always been mystified about the purpose of Multi Quote.  Where can I find out more about this?

The multiquote is quite simple to use - when needed.  I can't give you an example in this thread because the only other poster apart from myself in this thread is you - so in that case I don't need the multiquote, and have just used BUTTONS 276 to quote your post above.

If this was a longer thread, however, and quite a few different posters had already contributed to it, I might want to quote several of those contributors to include in my reply here.   In that case, I would click the BUTTONS 82110 button before replying and then below the box where I am typing this reply I would find all the posts that have been made previously.  I would then click on the post(s) that I want to be included in this reply - and each of those quoted replies would then be placed into my edit box - ready for my replies to be added.

Alternatively, if for some reason none of those buttons were working, you could always copy & paste the text you wanted to quote - and then slot that text inside the square brackets.  For instance, if I wanted to quote the last sentence of your post here (and show that it was you that posted it) without using the button - this bit: "Where can I find out more about this?"
    I would copy and paste it - and then put the square brackets before and after as follows:
    Code:
    [quote="Whiskers"]Where can I find out more about this?[/quote]
    That would come out as:
    Whiskers wrote:Where can I find out more about this?

The multiquote is not really needed on this forum; I've only recently added it here, but I may take it off again if no-one is using the option.

See also the little 'quote bubble icon' in the Editor toolbar (which runs across the top of your box when making a post or edit, or quote, etc - before you send or submit it.  This little icon puts the square 'quote' brackets on either side of the piece of text you want to quote.  You can then add in the name of the quoter to the first square brackets (as shown above).
    mac
    mac

BUTTONS Empty BUTTONS?

Post by mac Sat 16 Sep 2017 - 10:42

shuldn't?  shouldn't!!
    mac
    mac

BUTTONS Empty BUTTONS?

Post by mac Sat 16 Sep 2017 - 15:19

On my affected computer I've tried Firefox, Chrome and Opera browsers.  The problem manifests on the first two but Opera is working fine.  That seems to rule out a problem with actual computer settings and makes it look like browser issues yet I can't recall changing anything and noticed the issue only late Friday evening.

any thoughts, anybody?

ps Visiting Krazy Kats just now, using Firefox and also Chrome browsers, I can edit etc.  So is the LAL website also causing problems sometimes?
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

BUTTONS Empty BUTTONS

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 16 Sep 2017 - 15:52

mac wrote:is the LAL website also causing problems sometimes?

Not that I know of, mac.  At least, no problems that I am experiencing.  If any other members are experiencing similar issues (or have done in the past), please let us know here.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

BUTTONS Empty Re: BUTTONS

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 16 Sep 2017 - 16:14

EDITED by Candlelight 16.09.17:

I have moved the 'BUTTONS' issue to a new thread of its own (originally contained within the 'Blue Toolbar thread), - but this post got left behind!  Now I can't seem to just merge it into the new thread, so I am just going to copy & paste it over.  (The date & time of posting might therefore be out of sync. )

Candlelight.kk wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Misty wrote:

curious!  thank you

Yes as you can see the quotation buttons are there and I've used one for this reply but earlier I was using another laptop computer.  I'll have to take a look at that tomorrow as the battery is being charged right now and also  I'm to lazy to get off my bum and walk to it!

Mac,
    If you are still having problems with the 'Quote' buttons, there is another way that you can use quoting (without the buttons) while in your Editor box making a post.  To save going through it all again, here is an example of that very subject made in a post on the Krazy Kats forum, which I hope explains it in detail for you:  
    https://krazykats.forumotion.co.uk/t1037-solved-multiquote#8194

Whiskers wrote:What is the multiquote feature BUTTONS 82110, found at the bottom of every post, and what is its function?  When I press it, it doesnt do anything. shrug  I have searched in FAQs and cant find the answer there or anywhere else.  

I know about the quote function BUTTONS 276, but I have always been mystified about the purpose of Multi Quote.  Where can I find out more about this?

The multiquote is quite simple to use - when needed.  I can't give you an example in this thread because the only other poster apart from myself in this thread is you - so in that case I don't need the multiquote, and have just used BUTTONS 276 to quote your post above.

If this was a longer thread, however, and quite a few different posters had already contributed to it, I might want to quote several of those contributors to include in my reply here.   In that case, I would click the BUTTONS 82110 button before replying and then below the box where I am typing this reply I would find all the posts that have been made previously.  I would then click on the post(s) that I want to be included in this reply - and each of those quoted replies would then be placed into my edit box - ready for my replies to be added.

Alternatively, if for some reason none of those buttons were working, you could always copy & paste the text you wanted to quote - and then slot that text inside the square brackets.  For instance, if I wanted to quote the last sentence of your post here (and show that it was you that posted it) without using the button - this bit: "Where can I find out more about this?"
    I would copy and paste it - and then put the square brackets before and after as follows:
    Code:
    [quote="Whiskers"]Where can I find out more about this?[/quote]
    That would come out as:
    Whiskers wrote:Where can I find out more about this?

The multiquote is not really needed on this forum; I've only recently added it here, but I may take it off again if no-one is using the option.

See also the little 'quote bubble icon' in the Editor toolbar (which runs across the top of your box when making a post or edit, or quote, etc - before you send or submit it.  This little icon puts the square 'quote' brackets on either side of the piece of text you want to quote.  You can then add in the name of the quoter to the first square brackets (as shown above).
    Yes I could use a workaround but it's a pain and shuldn't be necessary.  

I've used the computer on which the buttons are present to write this message.  At the side of it I have the same page open for comparison.  There is a number of differences but on the other laptop all the quote and editing buttons are missing from the blue box along the bottom of any posting window.  I can only respond by using the 'Quick reply' window found right at the foot of a thread.

Additionally the emoticon box to the left of this page on this laptop isn't visible on the other computer so it appears something on the other computer is blocking that feature as it is all the text editing and other toolbars at the top of the threads section.  It's only local to me and I've tried to find if one of my user control panel preferences needs changing but everything there appears the same on bth computers.

Go figure as the Yanks love to say!  affraid

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 8:29