Light After Life

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

COVID-19: All the latest LIVE global updates - updated throughout each day

The Video of the Week now showing on our Portal page is: 'PSYCHIC' (Parts 1 and 2)
5 posters

[completed] Changes to the Forum

Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Posts : 3202
Location : London

[completed] Changes to the Forum Empty [completed] Changes to the Forum

Post by Candlelight.kk Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 19:58

Don't worry if you see a few funny things happening on the board over the next 24 hours.  Just experimenting with a different style.  I'm thinking of trying it out more like the Krazykats forum style.  Currently, LAL is in the style of ProSilver (phpbb3).  KKs is Invision.  Not much different, except the Invision has a few more features that we don't get here on LAL - like numbered posts for a start.  I will try it on a temporary basis and see how it goes anyway. 

If anyone absolutely hates it, we can always go back to how it is right now.
ariel
ariel

Posts : 94

[completed] Changes to the Forum Empty Re: [completed] Changes to the Forum

Post by ariel Wed 2 Aug 2017 - 18:13

I like this new format. thumb  Hope it stays.
Misty
Misty

Posts : 441

[completed] Changes to the Forum Empty Re: [completed] Changes to the Forum

Post by Misty Fri 18 Aug 2017 - 15:58

Candlelight.kk wrote:Don't worry if you see a few funny things happening on the board over the next 24 hours.  Just experimenting with a different style.  I'm thinking of trying it out more like the Krazykats forum style.  Currently, LAL is in the style of ProSilver (phpbb3).  KKs is Invision.  Not much different, except the Invision has a few more features that we don't get here on LAL - like numbered posts for a start.  I will try it on a temporary basis and see how it goes anyway. 

If anyone absolutely hates it, we can always go back to how it is right now.

Not been around here for a while.  I had to do a double take because I thought I had come to the wrong place!
I've forgotten how it was before pirat , but I really like the forum layout this way.  I hope it stays too. thumb
Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Posts : 3202
Location : London

[completed] Changes to the Forum Empty Re: [completed] Changes to the Forum

Post by Candlelight.kk Fri 18 Aug 2017 - 16:50

Thanks for the feedback, Ariel and Misty.

Well, no complaints or queries so far, so I guess we'll be keeping this style.
evergreen
evergreen

Posts : 69

[completed] Changes to the Forum Empty Re: [completed] Changes to the Forum

Post by evergreen Sat 19 Aug 2017 - 11:55

Looking good.   thumb
mac
mac

Posts : 919
Location : east midlands of England

[completed] Changes to the Forum Empty Re: [completed] Changes to the Forum

Post by mac Sat 19 Aug 2017 - 22:07

Candlelight.kk wrote:Thanks for the feedback, Ariel and Misty.

Well, no complaints or queries so far, so I guess we'll be keeping this style.
I like the colours etc.
Misty
Misty

Posts : 441

[completed] Changes to the Forum Empty Re: [completed] Changes to the Forum

Post by Misty Tue 22 Aug 2017 - 16:04

It looks better every time i visit here, specially now with the lovely blue surroundings flower 

kk, i know you love experimenting with things but please keep the forum exactly as it is now. Its just perfect. Smile
mac
mac

Posts : 919
Location : east midlands of England

[completed] Changes to the Forum Empty Re: [completed] Changes to the Forum

Post by mac Tue 22 Aug 2017 - 16:18

Even better would be the opportunity to choose our own 'skin' but this one is fine for me anyway...Nice colours and contrasts.
Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Posts : 3202
Location : London

[completed] Changes to the Forum Empty Re: [completed] Changes to the Forum

Post by Candlelight.kk Tue 22 Aug 2017 - 21:30

Misty wrote:It looks better every time i visit here, specially now with the lovely blue surroundings flower 

kk, i know you love experimenting with things but please keep the forum exactly as it is now. Its just perfect. Smile

gigle  I'll do my best, Misty.  Glad you like it.  I'm quite liking it myself as it is now.


mac wrote:Even better would be the opportunity to choose our own 'skin' but this one is fine for me anyway...Nice colours and contrasts.

Yes, that would be preferable.  Members did have the choice when the forum was hosted by FreeForums but it's unfortunately not an option anymore.  That's why I'm putting it out to all members to have their say; and making this the place for everyone to air their likes/dislikes and put forward suggestions, etc.  All comments here are taken into account and will be implemented, if feasible.

One thing we can be absolutely sure of - our situation is a hundred times better than how it would be if we had stayed around to be taken over by the tapatalk crowd!  I am hearing some real horror stories about the forums that are now under the tapatalk grip.

    Current date/time is Sun 17 Oct 2021 - 11:10