Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

3 posters

New registrations on the Forum

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

New registrations on the Forum Empty New registrations on the Forum

Post by Candlelight.kk Wed 26 Jul 2017 - 11:24

Please note the slight change to the registration requirement for new members joining the Forum.

Newly registered members joining LAL are requested to make an introductory post within 3 days from the date of registration & activation of the account. If you haven't made at least 1 post on the forum within that time slot the account will automatically deactivate.

The adjustment has been made as an anti-spam measure.  (A spate of members joined here in the past week, all of which on investigation turned out to be known spammers).  These accounts have now been deleted.  
    Misty
    Misty

New registrations on the Forum Empty Re: New registrations on the Forum

Post by Misty Wed 26 Jul 2017 - 20:07

I look in here every day to see what's new and noticed some new joiners just lately.  Was waiting to welcome them when they posted but I didnt see any posts from any of them.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Wed 26 Jul 2017 - 22:31

I inserted an image in my post above - depicting 'No spam allowed here. We don't like it'.  It's still there, but I don't know why I can't see it now.  Sometimes it's there, sometimes not.  Weird.  scratch head

Can everyone else see it?  Or not?

ETA:  I think I've fixed it now.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 15:55

Candlelight.kk wrote:I inserted an image in my post above - depicting 'No spam allowed here. We don't like it'.  It's still there, but I don't know why I can't see it now.  Sometimes it's there, sometimes not.  Weird.  scratch head

Can everyone else see it?  Or not?

ETA:  I think I've fixed it now.
    I don't see such an image.  It's interesting what you say about individuals registering to be members but who then turn out to be nothing of the sort.  They perhaps have too much time on their hands...
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 16:03

mac wrote:I don't see such an image.

Really weird.  I can't see it now, but it's definitely still there - and it's not a PB image.

This is the url:

I don't know why it's not showing.

I'm going to put [below] the square brackets code 'img' around the url it to see if it comes out in this post:

[image deleted]

Yes - when I preview this before posting, the image is showing.  Whether it'll stay or not though is a different story.
    Misty
    Misty

Post by Misty Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 17:13

I'm not seeing any image there either.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 17:31

This is becoming quite frustrating now.  I wonder if it's because it's not a https link ...

Going to try a different one.  This one has the 's' on the end.  If this one doesn't work, then -  giveup

New registrations on the Forum No-spam-cat
    Misty
    Misty

Post by Misty Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 17:49

I can see that one Candlelight. yes
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 18:11

Candlelight.kk wrote:

Really weird.  I can't see it now, but it's definitely still there - and it's not a PB image.

This is the url:  

I'm going to put [below] the square brackets code 'img' around the url it to see if it comes out in this post:

[Image deleted]

Yes - when I preview this before posting, the image is showing.  Whether it'll stay or not though is a different story.
    I'm using Kaspersky antivirus protection and whenever I join this thread it warns me about that grandall link and I accept it being blocked.  It did something similar whenever I joined the thread you posted about Libya, a newspaper link (I think) causing a similar warning.  I just accept 'em as I'm paying for the protection, even if sometimes it's OTT....
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 18:48

mac wrote:
    Candlelight.kk wrote:

This is the url:  

[image deleted]

I'm using Kaspersky antivirus protection and whenever I join this thread it warns me about that grandall link and I accept it being blocked.  It did something similar whenever I joined the thread you posted about Libya, a newspaper link (I think) causing a similar warning.  I just accept 'em as I'm paying for the protection, even if sometimes it's OTT....
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 18:55

Thanks for that, mac. I have deleted wherever it appears now. (Probably iffy - security-wise - because of the word s**m in it!) Good to know that we are protected, eh.

Just a quickie now, cos I'm just on my way out ........

Something good has come out of this PB debacle ... we now have our own Image Hosting account on the forum. I will do a post later explaining what this is all about.. Meantime, have a look at the editor toolbar (usually up top of the box where you type your post) and you will see a new icon just next to the usual 'Image' one. Check it out for yourselves.

Must dash ..........................
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 19:52

Candlelight.kk wrote:Thanks for that, mac.  I have deleted wherever it appears now.  (Probably iffy - security-wise - because of the word s**m in it!)  Good to know that we are protected, eh.

Just a quickie now, cos I'm just on my way out ........

Something good has come out of this PB debacle ... we now have our own Image Hosting account on the forum.   I will do a post later explaining what this is all about..   Meantime, have a look at the editor toolbar (usually up top of the box where you type your post) and you will see a new icon just next to the usual 'Image' one.  Check it out for yourselves.

Must dash ..........................
    I can't spot it.....
    Misty
    Misty

Post by Misty Sat 29 Jul 2017 - 23:30

I cant see anything either but not sure what supposed to be looking for anyway. scratch head schtum   Sounds like good news so thats good enough for me.  

We can live without Photostuffit.  so there

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 8:19