Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

Spiritualist Churches

Candlelight.kk

Female

Spiritualist Churches

Post by Candlelight.kk on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 11:57

Turns out spiritlinker and I were both in attendance at the same spiritualist church this evening! Neither of us has sussed out who the other is though. Seems we both came away with the same opinion on the performance tonight - where two people actually walked out of the demonstration. I've said elsewhere that if that had been my first visit to a demonstration of clairvoyance I would not have been impressed. Were it not for the fact that I have seen some amazing demonstrations in that same church, I would be inclined not to return there.

A recent article in the Psychic News highlighted the notion that the standards for platform mediums around the churches have lowered considerably. It certainly seems to be the case in some areas. Why is this? Is it perhaps due to the fact that so many of these 'psychic schools' seem to have sprung up with individuals giving in-depth "instruction" into developing your psychic awareness. What are their qualifications for claiming to "teach" in the subject of mediumship in particular? One-day courses covering everything from psychometery, tarot reading, ribbon reading, dowsing, aura reading right through to trance mediumship (something that takes years of dedication to master).

It seems these days anyone can sit one of these "courses"; claim some sort of qualification having completed the course and then set themselves up as a "medium", not only practice as such but claim to teach others from their experience.

Let's hope we can see this sort of thing curtailed now that the new law is in operation. It'll certainly be interesting to see how things pan out.

spiritlinker
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Female

Re: Spiritualist Churches

Post by spiritlinker on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 11:59

Candlelight wrote:Turns out spiritlinker and I were both in attendance at the same spiritualist church this evening!  Neither of us has sussed out who the other is though.  Seems we both came away with the same opinion on the performance tonight - where two people actually walked out of the demonstration.  I've said elsewhere that if that had been my first visit to a demonstration of clairvoyance I would not have been impressed.  Were it not for the fact that I have seen some amazing demonstrations in that same church, I would be inclined not to return there.

A recent article in the Psychic News highlighted the notion that the standards for platform mediums around the churches have lowered considerably.  It certainly seems to be the case in some areas.  Why is this?  Is it perhaps due to the fact that so many of these 'psychic schools' seem to have sprung up with individuals giving in-depth "instruction" into developing your psychic awareness.  What are their qualifications for claiming to "teach" in the subject of mediumship in particular?  One-day courses covering everything from psychometery, tarot reading, ribbon reading, dowsing, aura reading right through to trance mediumship (something that takes years of dedication to master). 

It seems these days anyone can sit one of these "courses"; claim some sort of qualification having completed the course and then set themselves up as a "medium", not only practice as such but claim to teach others from their experience.

Let's hope we can see this sort of thing curtailed now that the new law is in operation.  It'll certainly be interesting to see how things pan out.

Candlelight,

I was the woman who kept on turning round at the start of the service as the church door opened, searching for you. Rolling Eyes Another clue,is the medium gave me a message,lol.

What I fail to understand, is the woman who books the mediums in that church, does not suffer fools.Gordon has demonstrated there, so I don't understand it. The booker knows what high standards are.

The medium last night, has demonstrated at the church before, and she is not a novice,lol.

Why did she pass the test?

What test do spiritualist churches use to prove that someone is a genuine/proven medium?

I believe that the SNU have a platform accreditation scheme,for speaking and demonstrating and  you can do some courses at the Arthur Findlay college, and are assessed on whether you can demonstrate or not.

How many mediums have gone down that route?
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:01

So, you were either sitting right up front seat, near L? Or about half way down with a bluey turquoisey top?
(I did wonder about both, but couldn't be sure). The person in the blue top passed by as I was getting into my car, and I very nearly blurted out 'are you spiritlinker?'

Now that you've told me the name of the medium (I couldn't hear the chairperson when she introduced her) I do actually remember her from many years ago at SAGB once when I went to what I thought was a routine demonstration one evening and it turned out to be students going up and practising on the general public (what I now know to be Open Platform). I distinctly remember the name as it's a rather unusual name, and also I remember her striking appearance, although obviously much younger then she had the 'hippy' attire that she still sports, the 'Dusty Springfield' eyelashes, the scary TALONS and the chunky jewellery - did you notice (well of course you did, couldn't help but - all those chunky rings - one on every finger. It's definitely the same person, so she may have started her development there.

In order to qualify for SNU accreditation I do know that you must do so many demonstrations on platform in a spiritualist church. You are given a book, and the secretary of the church has to sign that book to prove that you have demonstrated, so you have to reach the required number (not sure what the number is). You also have to pass the Philosophy test, not sure if that is verbal or written, or both, and there are other requirements which I'm not sure about.

spiritlinker
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Female

Post by spiritlinker on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:03

Candlelight wrote:So, you were either sitting right up front seat, near L?  Or about half way down with a bluey turquoisey top?
(I did wonder about both, but couldn't be sure).  The person in the blue top passed by as I was getting into my car, and I very nearly blurted out 'are you spiritlinker?'  

Now that you've told me the name of the medium (I couldn't hear the chairperson when she introduced her) I do actually remember her from many years ago at SAGB once when I went to what I thought was a routine demonstration one evening and it turned out to be students going up and practising on the general public (what I now know to be Open Platform).  I distinctly remember the name as it's a rather unusual name, and also I remember her striking appearance, although obviously much younger then she had the 'hippy' attire that she still sports, the 'Dusty Springfield' eyelashes, the scary TALONS  :shock: and the chunky jewellery - did you notice (well of course you did, couldn't help but - all those chunky rings - one on every finger.  It's definitely the same person, so she may have started her development there.

In order to qualify for SNU accreditation I do know that you must do so many demonstrations on platform in a spiritualist church.  You are given a book, and the secretary of the church has to sign that book to prove that you have demonstrated, so you have to reach the required number (not sure what the number is).  You also have to pass the Philosophy test, not sure if that is verbal or written, or both, and there are other requirements which I'm not sure about.

I was sitting up the front Candlelight, but not the front seat. I was in the first few rows. Yes, her appearance,I thought she might be a Goth for a moment. When she said her prayer before demonstrating, I wondered whether she was under the influence.  Rolling Eyes

Yes I noticed she had lots of crystal jewellery on, I was trying to work out all the stones on her bracelets, rather than listening to her messages. As for the talons, scary with the bright red nailpolish,lol.

Wow she may have started her development at the SAGB?

At what point does a medium decide they are ready to go onto a platform?

Is it a decision that you make on your own, or do you need approval from others?

If she has SNU accreditation, I am shocked. I know she demonstrates at a few churches in West London, Hounslow, and Ealing.

Remember my friend saw her for a private sitting, and said she was spot on, unbelievable.

What has shocked me, is that she was booked in the first place.
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:05

I too had the same thought - that she may have been in contact with a few spirits before coming out on the platform, but then I felt a bit guilty for thinking that, considering where we were and the nature of her being there
lar-lar
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Post by lar-lar on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:06

oh kk,making me laugh here,good job you didnt ask that woman was she spiritlinker,would of thought you had a few spirits inside you.

Maybe the medium was spot-on for your friend,genuinely,or maybe it wasnt such a good reading but your friend thought it was,maybe the medium was having an off day,the whys and the hows are the difficult bits to answer!You two going to meet up,could go to one together!
lar-lar
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Post by lar-lar on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:07

her talons? if you see her again and get an itch on your back just ask.

spiritlinker
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Female

Post by spiritlinker on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:09

lar-lar wrote:oh kk,making me laugh here,good job you didnt ask that woman was she spiritlinker,would of thought you had a few spirits inside you. lol

Maybe the medium was spot-on for your friend,genuinely,or maybe it wasnt such a good reading but your friend thought it was,maybe the medium was having an off day,the whys and the hows are the difficult bits to answer!You two going to meet up,could go to one together! :D

Yes, I think my friend doesn't really know what good mediums are. However I have had good readings with some mediums at the SAGB, and have recommended them to friends,who didn't have the same experience. Candlelight and I will meet up soon Rolling Eyes  I think we are trying to work out whether we can psychically recognise each other,lol.
lar-lar
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Post by lar-lar on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:10

just jump up and down with your hands in the air like you dont care!

That will be nice for you both.
lar-lar
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Post by lar-lar on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:11

I have been to a spiritualist church only a handful of times ,the last time was about 5 yrs ago so another visit is due.

Current date/time is Fri 22 Sep 2017, 19:43