Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

The Lovely Bones (book and movie)

Candlelight.kk

Female

The Lovely Bones (book and movie)

Post by Candlelight.kk on Mon 22 May 2017, 20:43

12 Dec 2009, 21:48

The Lovely Bones is a 2002 novel by Alice Sebold. It is the story of a teenage girl who, after being brutally raped and murdered, watches from heaven as her family and friends go on with their lives, while she herself comes to terms with her own death. The novel received a great deal of critical praise and became an instant bestseller.

A film adaptation of the novel is currently in post-production and is being directed by Peter Jackson, who personally purchased the rights. It is set for release in the USA on December 11, 2009 .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lovely_Bones

Just finished reading the book. Really looking forward to seeing the film.
Candlelight.kk

Female

Re: The Lovely Bones (book and movie)

Post by Candlelight.kk on Mon 22 May 2017, 20:48

12 Dec 2009, 21:49

The film was released in the USA yesterday (11th December), so I guess it won't be long before we have it over here.

In 1973, a 14-year-old girl named Susie Salmon is raped, murdered, and dismembered by a neighbor. Over the next few years she watches from a personalized heaven as her family and friends deal with their grief. She sometimes becomes angry and frustrated with the choices her family makes while looking over them.

Short video clip of Stanley Tucci (the actor who plays creepy Mr Harvey) discussing the film 'The Lovely Bones'

http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK//video/imdb/vi3836216345/
Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Re: The Lovely Bones (book and movie)

Post by Misty on Mon 22 May 2017, 20:51

26 Dec 2009, 15:03

I got this book for Christmas! Really enjoying it so far.

Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 16:13