Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

John Assaraf

Stardust
Gold Star Member
Gold Star Member

Female

John Assaraf

Post by Stardust on Mon 22 May 2017, 11:01 am

22 Aug 2008, 10:52

'Having It All: Achieving Your Life's Goals and Dreams' by John Assaraf
First published by Simon & Schuster, 2007. ISBN: 978-1-84737-206-2

John Assaraf is one of the experts featured in the film and book 'The Secret'. He started out with nothing and went on to create a multimillion dollar empire and achieve the life of his dreams.

Have you achieved the goals that are important to you?
In his book 'Having it all' John Assaraf shares with you the best of what he's learned and provides practical exercises and powerful lessons to help you achieve greater happiness and long-lasting success, no matter what you want in your life.
John Assaraf explains the science of becoming extremely clear about what you want, aligning your brain and all your intentions, then taking the action that will allow you to get there.
Start living the life you've always dreamed of now!

I'm in the middle of reading this book and it is very good. My advice is: buy it!  very happy

Here is John Assaraf's website, to give you a better idea: http://www.johnassaraf.com/

Female

Re: John Assaraf

Post by Candlelight.kk on Mon 22 May 2017, 11:02 am

22 Aug 2008, 11:38

Lot of people being taken in by this guy (and his marketing team). In my opinion it's all part of a big money pyramid selling scam - as is 'The Secret'. I also find the whole 'Secret' thing rather materialistic, egotistical and selfish (very me, me, me).
That is just my own opinion though, and I know an awful lot of people would disagree with me in that.
Stardust
Gold Star Member
Gold Star Member

Female

Post by Stardust on Mon 22 May 2017, 11:04 am

22 Aug 2008, 12:09

Oh dear, Candlelight. I'd hate to think I'd recommended this book if that's the case.  sadface

I'm about a third of the way through reading it and so far I felt quite enthusiastic about it.
Now you've warned us though, I'll see if I should be reading between the lines for a hidden message or agenda.

I must admit that I like success stories - they spur me on to more effort to achieve targets I probably wouldn't even aim for without some hope being instilled in me by others who have managed to attain their goal(s) and thus fired my enthusiasm with renewed energy.

I'm not a person who believes that money corrupts. In my opinion it's not how much you have, but rather what you do with it that's important.

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Mon 22 May 2017, 11:07 am

22 Aug 2008, 12:55

Stardust wrote:
I'm not a person who believes that money corrupts. In my opinion it's not how much you have, but rather what you do with it that's important.

Absolute agreement with you there. Of course, money CAN corrupt - in the same way words can corrupt. Depending on the direction used, either can have a lasting effect - for good/evil, right/wrong, yes/no [endless]
(Which one holds the most power, I wonder ....)
Stardust
Gold Star Member
Gold Star Member

Female

Post by Stardust on Mon 22 May 2017, 11:09 am

22 Aug 2008, 13:32

Hmmm, yes, I too know somebody who reminds me of Donald Duck's miserly uncle with dollar signs in his eyes!

You're right of course, Candlelight. There are decent people who completely lose their common sense when they come into a large amount of money, and others who are already 'corrupt' and are prepared to do almost anything for financial gain, whatever the cost or who may get hurt in the process. Money laundering too... it's all depressing, isn't it?

But money can be used for good and often is, even by those who have least - bless them all.  very happy

Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Post by lar-lar on Mon 22 May 2017, 11:11 am

20 Jan 2009, 20:53

Dont you find it annoy though when lottery winners win huge amounts of money and they say it wont change them,they'll still be up by 7 for work on monday , etc etc etc , why buy flaming buy the ticket then !

I'd have a whale of a time !
jiffy
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Post by jiffy on Mon 22 May 2017, 11:12 am

21 Jan 2009, 16:56

how about if you won 10 million, is it possible to win too much?
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Mon 22 May 2017, 11:14 am

21 Jan 2009, 21:47

No, I don't think so. After all, if you don't want it, you can easily give some away.
I'm sure there would be plenty of takers. If you DO win £10 millions, remember me,
won't you???  lol lol lol

Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Post by lar-lar on Mon 22 May 2017, 11:16 am

22 Jan 2009, 21:08

Remember the lady in Ireland who bought the Euro lottery by mistake [she thought she was buying the lotto] and went on to win 77 million !

I agree with you searcher -if you feel you have too much theres plenty of other folk who need it.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Sep 2017, 9:51 pm