Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

Video of the Week now showing on the Portal is: 'SCIENCE SET FREE: A talk by Dr. Rupert Sheldrake'

Pioneer Journal

Candlelight.kk

Pioneer Journal - Page 1 Empty Pioneer Journal: Volume 5, No.2 - April 2018

Post by Candlelight.kk on 30th May 2018, 17:08

Volume 5, No. 2: April 2018

Contents:

• 039 – Harold Sharp – Symbolic Drawings – Auragraphs - He Portrays the Soul in Colour

– The Mediumship of Harold Sharp - A sitter explained the auragraph

• 044 – Did Harry Houdini ever believe in Spiritualism?

- Britten Museum & Library “Wax Spirit Hands” booklet — Reviewed by the SPR
            - Houdini & Wax Gloves — Joseph F Rinn
            - A Magician Among the Spirits — The Founders of Modern Spiritualism

• 060 – 2018 Research – Study dates now available to book

• 061 – Spiritualist Healers of the Past:

- John Britnell — Father of “The National Federation of Spiritual Healers”
                  - “Burrows Lea”, The Shrine of Healing — A Visit to Harry Edwards — Herbert Hampson 1947

• 069 – The President's Badge and Farthings Again!

All references to Psypioneer in this issue are archived at http://psypioneer.iapsop.com/
Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk

Pioneer Journal - Page 1 Empty Volume 5, No. 3 - June 2018

Post by Candlelight.kk on 9th July 2018, 15:25

Volume 5, No.3:  June 2018

Contents:

• 073 – Visit to the Society for Psychical Research
  • 076 – Healing Mediumship by Harry Edwards
  • 078 – Hunter Selkirk The Northern Trance Medium and Clairvoyant    

•     -     Materialised Spirit Doctor Gives Healing    
    •      -     Alleged photographs of Selkirk’s materialisations    
    •      -     The Ascension of a Materialised Spirit

• 087 – 2019 Research – Study dates now available to book
  • 088 – Harmony and Healing by Gordon Turner
  • 090 – The Constitution of the Spiritualists’ National Federation
  • 096 – Grace Boyers (Winifred Whiting Boyers)
  • 099 – The Best of Both Worlds – Albert and May Saxon    

•     -     History of Spiritualism in the Huddersfield Area

• 105 – Readers' response to: Spiritualist Healers of the Past: John Britnell – Father of Dutch Spiritualism

All references to Psypioneer in this issue are archived at http://psypioneer.iapsop.com/
mac
Gold Star Member
Gold Star Member

Job/hobbies : retired

Pioneer Journal - Page 1 Empty Re: Pioneer Journal

Post by mac on 9th July 2018, 20:27

I'm a subscriber to the publication but find it so sad that we're reading about the 'glory days' of a movement that's moribund....  I only wish we were looking at its history from a different and more healthy perspective.  Crying or Very sad
Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk

Pioneer Journal - Page 1 Empty Pioneer Journal - Volume 5, No.4: August 2018

Post by Candlelight.kk on 29th August 2018, 11:35

Volume 5, No.4:  August 2018

108 – World Congress of Spiritualists – Hosted at the Arthur Findlay College
Visit to Stansted Hall – 1948
Paris International Congress – 1925
Jack the Ripper – London Congress – 1922
James J. Morse and Emma Hardinge Britten – Visit the World Congress at Stansted
Hall!
Lionel Owen – Interview on his family history
Congress streamed live
123 – Hydesville House – Rebuilt!
127 – Rescue the History of Dutch Spiritualism – Wim Kramer
128 – The importance of research:
129 – Perfect Proof of Afterlife – This Psychic Drawing Challenges Sceptics
132 – Britten Museum & Library Research - Study Weeks at the Arthur Findlay College
133 – When the spirit bids adieu to mortality – J. J. Morse
138 – Spiritualist Healers of the Past – Catherine Sheppard
143 – Pioneer’s fifth birthday – Reaches One Thousand Individual Subscribers!

Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk

Pioneer Journal - Page 1 Empty Pioneer Journal - Volume 5, No.5: October 2018

Post by Candlelight.kk on 21st November 2018, 12:01

Volume 5, No.5 - October 2018

Contents

Pioneer Journal - Page 1 SjPwiYBBIBAIBAKBGAwkTAgEAoFAIBA9+P+EaS9oDrqM0QAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Subscribe free to Pioneer Journal at  https://www.snu.org.uk/the-pioneer-journal
Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk on 21st November 2018, 12:58

mac wrote:I'm a subscriber to the publication but find it so sad that we're reading about the 'glory days' of a movement that's moribund....  I only wish we were looking at its history from a different and more healthy perspective.  Crying or Very sad

I'm not sure that 'moribund' is the correct term to describe it (the Spiritualist movement?)  Yes, certain aspects may have changed from the Victorian parlour entertainment days - but so much for the better, I say!  With the advance in technology, the practice of, and learning about Mediumship nowadays has become far more easily attainable to everyone, not just the elite pocket.  Spiritualism/Mediumship has changed along with the times; it has to, but the concept is still the same.  It's important that newcomers are made aware of its history and the pioneers who contributed towards its development and modern-day availability, and kudos is well deserved to those involved with such publications as Pioneer Journal and other similar organisations for their time and dedication in helping to keep those treasured memories alive today. 

Spiritualism is not dying.  For many people it is a whole new area for exploration and experimentation - and the guidance and teachings of the pioneers who have gone before is an essential part of their individual journeys.
mac
Gold Star Member
Gold Star Member

Job/hobbies : retired

Post by mac on 21st November 2018, 18:14

Candlelight.kk wrote:
mac wrote:I'm a subscriber to the publication but find it so sad that we're reading about the 'glory days' of a movement that's moribund....  I only wish we were looking at its history from a different and more healthy perspective.  Crying or Very sad

I'm not sure that 'moribund' is the correct term to describe it (the Spiritualist movement?)  Yes, certain aspects may have changed from the Victorian parlour entertainment days - but so much for the better, I say!  With the advance in technology, the practice of, and learning about Mediumship nowadays has become far more easily attainable to everyone, not just the elite pocket.  Spiritualism/Mediumship has changed along with the times; it has to, but the concept is still the same.  It's important that newcomers are made aware of its history and the pioneers who contributed towards its development and modern-day availability, and kudos is well deserved to those involved with such publications as Pioneer Journal and other similar organisations for their time and dedication in helping to keep those treasured memories alive today. 

Spiritualism is not dying.  For many people it is a whole new area for exploration and experimentation - and the guidance and teachings of the pioneers who have gone before is an essential part of their individual journeys.

We each base our views upon what we see, hear, experience. Since I started 'in the spooks' what I know of Spiritualism and the Spiritualist movement gives me the impression that it's far less alive-and-well than when I first encountered it.

I may be wrong - I would love to be shown why I'm wrong - but what I'm seeing out here in cyber space are generations who don't have a clue what Spiritualism is about and what it means. If it's as well as some suggest I can't figure why I'm not seeing evidence of it out in this big, bad cyber world where so many individuals spend so much of their time.

I'm comfortable admitting I don't do church but Spiritualism isn't just church. If a snap-shot of church suggests Spiritualism is alive and well then I'm pleased because I often refer seekers to them. But if Spiritualism does not spread beyond the tight, church forum then what does it say about how alive-and-well it is generally?

If I were seeing folk looking for what Spiritualism offers, if I were explaining and they were responding positively and looking for more, then I guess I'd hold a different point-of-view.

Please don't get me wrong. I cut my eye-teeth on Spiritualism and its teachings and philosophy underpin what little I know. My psyche has been changed by what I've learned and from what I've experienced in connection with Spiritualism. I'd LOVE for it to be what it once was and prefereably more than that. I've got no more than 30 years left in this world and before I kick my clogs off for the last time I'd love to be proven wrong. The clock's ticking.....
Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk

Pioneer Journal - Page 1 Empty Vol 5, No.6 - December 2018

Post by Candlelight.kk on 25th January 2019, 20:51

Volume 5, No. 6 - December 2018

Contents List

177 – Book Review: Magician to Mystic – A Mediumistic Path to a Spiritual Life
            by Brian Robertson and Simon James
178 – Part Two: Spiritualistic Phenomena of the Past
           - Luminous Phenomena
           - Florence (Florrie) Cook - Corner & Katie King Photographs
           - A further observation has now been made
186 – Britten Museum & Library Research – Study Weeks at the Arthur Findlay College
187 – Ann Harrison – Responds to the Jack Webber article in the last issue
188 – Spook Hall – Can It Be Done?
189 – Spiritualist Healers of the Past – Margaret Lyon – Psychic Trance Healer
195 – Direct - Independent Voice Phenomena – Could this be simulated by ventriloquism?
           - Ventriloquism, Considered as A Possible Explanation of ‘Independent Voice’ Phenomena
           - “Dead” Air Hero Gives Perfect Proof of His Survival
201 – Society to Church – Cardiff SNU Church, ‘Park Grove’
206 – Pioneer ends its fifth volume

Pioneer ends its fifth volume

Pioneer was launched at the Torquay A.G.M. 2013, replacing the SNU hardback magazine of
the same title; a special edited edition of the first issue was published for the delegates. Starting
as a quarterly electronic journal, from January 2015 it went bi-monthly and continues as such
today.

The front page noted:

The foundations of the Spiritualists’ National Union were laid over a long period of time, and its growth ensured by dedicated pioneers, many of whom have been forgotten. Most readers will be unacquainted with their names and the roles they so valiantly played in the building of the SNU, an organisation that today stands firm due to their bold efforts.

This journal is dedicated to those Pioneers.

To date it has published over 1,000 pages of researched materials; it is read in various societies,
such as the Society for Psychical Research. It is recommended reading for the SNU education courses; it is also used by universities and has attracted numerous students and on occasion their professors to attend the Britten Museum and Library Research – Study, as noted elsewhere in this issue.

In the last year individual subscribers have substantially increased, rising to 1,200; in addition, it is sent out to SNUi members and is available on the SNU website.

Extended thanks are due to David Hopkins, who sub-edited the early issues of the journal.

The present sub-editors are Leslie Price and former SNU General Secretary Charles Coulston.

Subscribe free to Pioneer Journal at  https://www.snu.org.uk/the-pioneer-journal

Editor: Paul J. Gaunt
Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk

Pioneer Journal - Page 1 Empty Vol.6 No.1 - February 2019

Post by Candlelight.kk on 15th March 2019, 14:18

Volume 6, No. 1 - February 2019

Contents List

• 002 – Visit to the Spiritualist Association of Great Britain

• 005 – Britten Museum & Library Research – Study Weeks at the Arthur Findlay College

• 006 – John Bruce Beattie – Spirit / Psychic Photography

• 016 – Mrs Helen Hughes - How I Demonstrate Survival – Famous Clairaudient Medium Describes Her Experiences

• 020 – History of the SNUi – Angela Foster CSNU

• 027 – Treasure Hunt at the Britten Museum – Paul Gaunt & Daniela Gervasoni

• 028 – Ernest Oaten
    -  Spirit Photography – M. J. Vearncombe
    -  Corona, Corona! – John Sloan

• 031 – The National Memorial Service – For the Fallen in the War, Royal Albert Hall, London

• 036 – A Century Later – History was made by the President of the Spiritualists’ National
    Union, Minister David Bruton, who was invited to represent Spiritualists at the “Centenary of the Armistice”

“Subscribe” free to Pioneer or contact the editor – pioneer@snu.org.uk
Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk

Pioneer Journal - Page 1 Empty Volume 6, No. 2 - April 2019

Post by Candlelight.kk on 15th May 2019, 00:59

Volume 6, No. 2 - April 2019

Contents :-

038 –

• The Spiritualists’ National Union & World War II
  • S.N.U. Peace Debate Shows Split Over Rearming – “We Cannot Shirk Defence”
  • Spiritualist Marriages in Scotland – We Win Our Rights
  • Did the Union really go into decline and lose around 200 churches during the war?
  • An Open Letter from The President of The S.N.U.
  • Spiritualists and the War
  • Manifesto by the Council of the Spiritualists’ National Union

048 –

• Telepathy, Psychic and Spirit Communication
  • Spontaneous Telepathy
  • Thought Transference

054 – Britten Museum & Library Research – Study Weeks at the Arthur Findlay College

055 –

• When is a psychic not a psychic? – A Curious Spirit Drawing
  • Robert Cooper

058 – Mediums Handle Fire

060 – Spirits Speak on the Telephone

062 – Spiritualist Healers of the Past – Margery Lawrence: My Experience of Spirit Healing

065 –

• Ronald Strong – A Promising Young Medium
  • Ronald Strong passes suddenly – Brilliant Mediumship Proved Survival to Thousand

071 –

• The Human Aura – What It Is – James H. Allen
  • The Aura and the Séance Room

Current date/time is 20th July 2019, 21:56