Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

Paranormal research

Candlelight.kk

Female

Paranormal research

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 20 May 2017, 11:17 pm

21 Aug 2014, 19:06

"Emma” has entered following message into the contact form:

Hi,
I am a PhD student at University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK. My current field of research is looking at reasons why people use paranormal and new age services as a form of coping.

So far I have conducted interviews with individuals to see why they turn to paranormal and new age services for help in times of need. I first began my research based on personal experiences of using tarot cards and as a psychologist I have been interested to find the same coping mechanisms used within other people.

Since completing these interviews I have developed a paranormal and new age services questionnaire. I am currently conducting a pilot study in England, in order to make final adjustments with regards to wording and understandability. Once this is completed I was hoping to send the final questionnaire to a larger sample of people that use paranormal and new age services.

I was wondering what the rules are for posting a survey of this sort on your website and if you would possibly be happy for me to do this?

Hi Emma,

You would be most welcome to register on the forum and discuss your survey details here.
Please feel free to use this thread as a discussion area and base when your questionnaire is completed and ready for distribution.

Good luck with your project.

I would, however, give a cautionary reminder to any prospective respondents when completing any such questionnaires/surveys - please bear in mind, for your own safety and security, to be extremely mindful not to divulge of any personal information (i.e. full name, address, date of birth etc)
Male or female, and your age (if requested) - should be perfectly adequate information for any kind of personal details on any surveys being carried out in this area.
ariel
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Male

Re: Paranormal research

Post by ariel on Sat 20 May 2017, 11:20 pm

22 Aug 2014, 16:04

"My current field of research is looking at reasons why people use paranormal and new age services as a form of coping."

This sounds interesting. Intrigued to know what they mean by "paranormal and new age services" though.  confused

"I first began my research based on personal experiences of using tarot cards and as a psychologist I have been interested to find the same coping mechanisms used within other people."

Are they saying they think using tarot cards comes under "paranormal and new age services"?  eek
Candlelight.kk

Female

Re: Paranormal research

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 20 May 2017, 11:23 pm

22 Aug 2014, 19:35

ariel wrote:Are they saying they think using tarot cards comes under "paranormal and new age services"?  eek

We don't know what Emma is saying, or what her intentions are, until/if/when she returns here with details of her research survey.   Let's wait and see what her questions and findings might be first.  I await with interest, Emma.  Smile

Current date/time is Wed 20 Sep 2017, 6:48 am