Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

The Weekly Bump

Candlelight.kk

Female

The Weekly Bump

Post by Candlelight.kk on Wed 19 Apr 2017, 16:49

Thu, 01 Sep 2016, 1:12 pm
Now that I have managed to sort out the 'Bump Topic' option on the Forum, I am going to start a Weekly Bump here on the Forum.

When a topic is 'bumped', it should change the date of the last post made in that topic to today's date - and the topic will then be visible in the 'View Active Topics over the last 7 days'. (Members are only able to Bump a topic if the last post was made by them) - and at least 30 days must have passed since the last post made to that topic.

Experiment: (Let's see if it works) ....
Starting off with this week, I am choosing the topic 'The Story of the Marylebone Spiritualists Association'. If working okay, this topic should now become visible in the 'view active topics' list.

ETA: Yes, it worked!
Misty
Happy poster
Happy poster

Female

Re: The Weekly Bump

Post by Misty on Wed 19 Apr 2017, 16:51

Can anyone bump up any topic if they posted last in it, or is it only if they are the OP who started the topic?
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Wed 19 Apr 2017, 16:53

Misty wrote:Can anyone bump up any topic if they posted last in it, or is it only if they are the OP who started the topic?

Doesn't matter who started the topic, only the person who made the last post can Bump the thread (and remember, whatever date that last post was made - when Bumped the date of that last post will automatically change to the date of the Bump).  Not an ideal situation really, IMO ...  Far better, in my view, if someone were to simply reply to that post, thus bringing it into the Active Topics list anyway.
Stardust
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Stardust on Wed 19 Apr 2017, 16:55

I agree with you, Candlelight, I don't like the date of the last post being changed either. If we want to bump a topic it's much better to reply with a short sentence even if only to write that we're bumping an interesting topic to see if it will take off again.

A gentle whisper like the breeze sighing, so easy to miss, listen carefully...
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Wed 19 Apr 2017, 16:56

I see that you've brought quite a few old and completely forgotten threads back to life today, Stardust. It's a bit like taking a nostaglic trip down Memory Lane, isn't it. Such a pity that most of the members from way back then no longer come around here.
Stardust
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Stardust on Wed 19 Apr 2017, 16:57

Yes, it's sad. If only they would just pop in once in a while to say "hello" even if they don't want to be regular visitors.
Voldsy popped in recently but then popped out again and no sign since.

A gentle whisper like the breeze sighing, so easy to miss, listen carefully...
Misty
Happy poster
Happy poster

Female

Post by Misty on Wed 19 Apr 2017, 16:58

Its nice to think they are still around and do read in here sometimes even if not posting and at least they know we are still here when they like to talk and be somewhere where they can find some comfort.

Any long lost members reading this I want to say I miss you guys and hope everything is going alright in your lives. I do wish that for the newer members who join here also. Its always good to see different views and opinions, and remember some of the things talked about here might e all very new to some people.
Oh and yes its lovely when people pop in to say hello like voldsy did. I feel sure now he will be back again. He knows he will always find friends here and people who care. Life takes over sometimes and when events need our extra attention we dont always have time to post, sometimes its an effort to even speak to people around us when life gets too hectic but that doesnt mean we stop reading in our favourate places. We can sometimes find the answers even when the questions havent been asked.

Kudos and karma to kk for keeping this lovely forum going.

Current date/time is Fri 18 Aug 2017, 06:09