Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

+2
Misty
JDBP
6 posters

Hiatus

JDBP

Hiatus Empty Hiatus

Post by JDBP Sun 14 May 2017 - 21:15

03 Feb 2017, 12:08

Since I am constantly blocked whenever I make any requests for anyone on here to back up anything they say, it has become a tad boring, as it is no more than a circle jerk in here between the various believers.

Therefore I am taking a 1 year hiatus.
    If you need me for anything you know where I am.
    And as always my offer to anyone and everyone remains open.
    If you have a reading you are convinced is real, give me a recording and I will show you step by step how it was done.
    And if I cant, I will post a public apology, and free promotion to said medium on the worlds most popular skeptic site that exposes mediums.

See you 3/2/18 if the forum still exists.
    Misty
    Misty

Hiatus Empty Re: Hiatus

Post by Misty Sun 14 May 2017 - 21:16

03 Feb 2017, 12:18

LOL! My dad has a hiatus hernia. He has to take medication for it.
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Sun 14 May 2017 - 21:17

03 Feb 2017, 16:55

A sabbatical year can prove to be precious in what the extra time allows us to learn, especially if we take the opportunity to travel and meet people from different cultures, visit other countries and see all the beauty that Nature provides free.
    Enjoy it, JDBP, even if you're just taking a break but staying home.
    wave
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 14 May 2017 - 21:19

03 Feb 2017, 18:52

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 14 May 2017 - 21:20

04 Feb 2017, 02:43

I love the cakes and their messages! How I'll miss having him around to look after me... He's bored but that's nothing compared to how I feel about him. He's a sad, sick and lonely individual who needs help but when someone is as unpleasant and offensive as I find JDBP then I find it hard to feel any sympathy for him. That's my failing and I accept responsibility for it.

hiatus or hate-us?
    Misty
    Misty

Post by Misty Sun 14 May 2017 - 21:23

04 Feb 2017, 17:17

mac wrote:
    hiatus or hate-us?

gigle
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 14 May 2017 - 21:29

JDBP wrote:Hiatus
    Since I am constantly blocked whenever I make any requests for anyone on here to back up anything they say
    06 Feb 2017, 16:46

Today's Quote of the Day on the Forum is a good one (synchronistically meant for you, I would say)    razz   :

Quote of the Day
    Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.
    Napoleon Hill

Some more [perhaps appropriate] quotes from [b]Napoleon Hill:  ( [Only admins are allowed to see this link] )

" Until you have learned to be tolerant with those who do not always agree with you, you will be neither successful nor happy. "

" Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness. "

" Until you have formed the habit of looking for the good instead of the bad there is in others, you will be neither successful nor happy. "

butterfly  
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 14 May 2017 - 21:33

06 Feb 2017, 21:21

great quotes, highly appropriate!
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Sun 14 May 2017 - 21:34

07 Feb 2017, 11:26

I decide to pop in here only to find mac is leaving for a while. That's sad.I have recently been disillusioned by all things spiritual and that's why I have not been here. I've found myself getting angry with people who SAY they have proof of an afterlife.I admit that anger is born of frustration.Nothing has convinced me that life after death is a fact. Nobody knows how much I need to know this to be so. I still have a slither of hope because I can't bear to be without it but no assurance is forthcoming.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 14 May 2017 - 21:36

07 Feb 2017, 12:12

not mac - the JDBP character has had enough of me calling him out - I'm still here and I'm glad that guy has left for a time. He needs the kind of help that nobody here can offer....
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 14 May 2017 - 21:37

07 Feb 2017, 12:16

I don't know what your own disillusionment is about, feather, but I don't share it. I do know, though, that others' personal experiences and conviction may not help someone who's in despair about life-beyond-death.

It's something that after +30 years 'in the spooks' I reluctantly have had to concede....
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 14 May 2017 - 21:40

07 Feb 2017, 12:26

Welcome back, Feather.  happyheart  Nice to see you back around these parts.

mac wrote:
    not mac - the JDBP character has had enough of me calling him out - I'm still here and I'm glad that guy has left for a time. He needs the kind of help that nobody here can offer....

Had me wondering for a while there .... So glad you are still here, mac!

I don't blame you for being confused, Feather! But it's JDBP that is taking the hiatus ... promising us a whole year of peace and quiet (okay - no law against dreaming, or hoping even ...)
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 14 May 2017 - 21:42

07 Feb 2017, 16:32

If this JDBP character doesn't manage to stay away for the indicated - promised! - year it would indicate clearly to me how he needs the emotional/psychological counselling and support that this layperson believes he does.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 14 May 2017 - 21:44

14 Feb 2017, 18:22

mac wrote:
    If this JDBP character doesn't manage to stay away for the indicated - promised! - year it would indicate clearly to me how he needs the emotional/psychological counselling and support that this layperson believes he does.

Not worth wasting your energy on the pesky mosquito, mac.
    Just enjoy the peace of the moment, while ye can. It won't last long - he definitely won't be able to last a whole year, lol. All talk and no trousers, as my mam would say.  Mr. Green
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 14 May 2017 - 21:46

15 Feb 2017, 00:07

Candlelight.kk wrote:

mac wrote:

Not worth wasting your energy on the pesky mosquito, mac.
    Just enjoy the peace of the moment, while ye can. It won't last long - he definitely won't be able to last a whole year, lol. All talk and no trousers, as my mam would say. Mr. Green

I agree he's not worth wasting energy on but he does - in my view - need some help to deal with whatever demons he's battling. That can't be done online and it wouldn't be the place to try.

Over the years I've come to realise that on discussion forums very-damaged individuals sometimes appear, ostensibly looking for an understanding of life, death and what follows etc. But behind their enquiries run problems needing professional help and support.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 14 May 2017 - 21:48

15 Feb 2017, 19:17

This week's Food For Thought is worth pondering:

"You never will be the person you can be if pressure, tension and discipline are taken out of your life."
    -- James G. Bilkey

We need tension in our lives. It's the force of personal evolution -- it sparks creativity and higher consciousness. If we're not comfortable with a situation, we try to improve it, right?

Tension arises through our experience of opposites. These opposites fight each other as each one struggles for dominance. Tension is transformed when two opposite dimensions of reality are brought together in balance and in wholeness.

Know that tension is an integral part of growth. Instead of avoiding or resisting tension when it arises, identify the opposing forces at play. Make space for each of them to be there together and the tension will transform.

We encounter tensions between positives and negatives, mind and body, self and environment, self and others, and personality and soul - the dualities in our lives.

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."
    -- Neale Donald Walsch

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 4:07