Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

Find your Angel

Candlelight.kk

Female

Find your Angel

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 13 May 2017, 00:02

31 Jan 2008 10:16 pm

There are specific angels for different circumstances. The following lists each of the most popular angels as their purpose:

Uriel Angel of Death - Uriel is said to be by your side right before you die. He is the angel who is to bring you on your journey. He is also said to be the angel of transformation.

Raphael the Healing Angel - Raphael has been known to be the angel to pray to if you’re suffering. This angel can often be seen in pictures and figurines in hospitals. Nurses and doctors claim they often pray to Raphael in times of need.

Gabriel the Angel of Enunciation - this angel is said to help in any situation when we need help or direction. Those often pray to Gabriel when they have personal problems or major life decisions. This angel is said to have direct contact with God and sends all messages straight to heaven.

Michael the Warrior Angel - Michael is said to protect us from harm. He is called the earth angel and can help protect us while here on Earth. Many people put a figurine of Michael in their cars for protection while they are driving.

Although the most common image that comes to mind when one thinks about angels is a person with wings, in the Bible angels are not referred to as people with wings. All that is really known about this spiritual being is they are said to help people in dire situations. If you believe in angels they may help you get through the difficult times or be by your side when you need that extra support.

Voldsgaard
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Male

Re: Find your Angel

Post by Voldsgaard on Sat 13 May 2017, 00:03

07 Feb 2008 08:34 am

I thought it was our Gatekeeper that brought us over on the other side?

Home away from home
Home away from home

Female

Post by lynneandjohn on Sat 13 May 2017, 00:04

07 Feb 2008 11:46 pm

i'm no expert voldsy but i think your gatekeeper protects you whilst linking to the spirit world. candlelight will know though for sure. Smile
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 13 May 2017, 00:06

08 Feb 2008 12:38 am

Well, it's always been my understanding that the Gatekeeper or Doorkeeper has been with us from the time we are born, stays with us throughtout our life here and will be with us as we leave this life.
It is the Gatekeeper who provides the protection for practising mediums and also who allows and "decides" on who to "let in" to make contact. In other words it seems a spirit trying to make contact with you must first have "permission" from the Gatekeeper. Rather confusing trying to decipher from the varying information that's available, but does seem to be the overall view - and I think also this tallies in with the "barrier" idea, where spirit are separated from us by some sort of "gate", "door" and when they come through that "barrier" to visit with us they are "allowed" only a certain time to do so, the door is never far away (where the doorkeeper is in constant attendance). All quite fascinating.

I found the following on a website called angelicwiseones - and I think this explains in a rather more easier way to understand:

In your lifetime you will have many guides and teachers in spirit who will be working with you, Your Guardian Angel and Gatekeeper are the only ones with you from birth, until you make your transition home. All of your other spirit guides and teachers come and work with you, as you are experiencing different levels and experiences of education, which there are wide ranges that you have chosen to go through in this physical incarnation on mother earth.

Spirit guides influence many areas of our lives, personally, professionally and spiritually. Whatever influence the spirit is familiar with or comfortable with, from one of their own incarnations on earth, will be the area of proficiency in which the influence will be felt the most when they work with us.

The same is true with spirits in general; as in our loved ones who have transitioned home, because they all hold on to their personal uniqueness when they make their transition into spirit. If they were shy, loving, scientific, creatively gifted, loud, giving, or hotheaded, they are that same way in spirit. This is not to say that they have not changed, just that, this is what we remember our loved ones being like, when they were here on Earth with us, so this then, is a recognizable personal uniqueness of themselves to us, that we can associate with, when they want to give us a message or let us know when they are around.

Spirit guides and teachers with similar characteristics are drawn to us; frequently they will share the same interest, having similar personality traits, and may have worked in the same profession as we are right now. This is also true for ones in spirit who are not our guides or teachers, but see the similarity of light we share with them and they stop by, so to say and visit with us. I once had a missionary who appeared beside me and then presented himself on a spirit silk I have, (through the wonderful work of physical manifestation with Reverend Hoyt Robinette) which was awesome because, at that moment in time I was working on a mission with abused women and children. The similarities of what we both love to do became apparent to this individual in spirit (by recognizing and being drawn to my light ) and he just wanted to stop in and say hello to see what I was working on. Somewhere within this coming together, there are going to be similarities that you will find between the two of you.

You will find Doctor guides, working with those who work within the healing professions, spiritual healers, doctors, especially nurses. The master teacher seems to come in around highly religious people or the missionary who fights for a worthy cause. We attract to us that which is similar. Some believe they need only seek the ascended masters in all they do, and there is nothing wrong with this. But, I also know that we have made contracts with so many guides and teachers, from the spiritual realms for our incarnation this lifetime, to work with us in our spiritual journey, that it would be a shame not to acknowledge and seek their counsel also. For they have their specific work to do with us in our learning/educational path.

The following is descriptions and guidance associated with working with our guides, teachers and angels, that is meant to be an educational means to work from and not intended to be absolute. The use of titles is for identification purpose only. And by no means is it in any way, descriptions of all of the guides, teachers and angels in spirit who work with us and lend a helping hand. When you visit or accept a message from a medium or directly from Spirit, these are the most common names that will be associated and then will be described to you in the deliverance of your message. So please, use the following information as a guideline to decide between the influences you experience and the area of guidance you receive, as you decide to work with or understand your messages, signs, symbols and gifts from one or more in spirit.
Please take what resonates with you in all things!!!

As in all things, the more we work to get to know our guides and teachers, the more you will recognize their energy, we have some guides and teachers that will be with us for a long period of time and some that will not. You have had and will have many guides and teachers in this physical lifetime here on Mother Earth as you travel on your spiritual journey.
It is not the most important thing to have names from your guides, teachers and angels as long as you recognize them, work with them and ask for their assistance and guidance in all that you need. They are just waiting to have you acknowledge them and they lovingly send their support willingly.

The Gatekeeper
The first guide in the band is called Gatekeeper, or Doorkeeper.
This particular spirit guide/teacher, is with you from birth until you make your transition home, just as your guardian angel does, but, please do not confuse the two. This spirit is your overall protector, and looks out for your best interest and holds you close so no harm may come to you. Very often when you see a gatekeeper guide around someone, the guide will stand behind or in front of that person, wearing a voluminous cape, with lots of enveloping folds. Which then, this guide will wrap the cape around the individual, which automatically signals a feeling of protection and identifies the guide as a gatekeeper. You will also find the Gatekeeper will have characteristics similar to your own. The Gatekeeper is the one who gives his consent or non-consent to the visiting clients - guides, teachers and loved ones in spirit, to communicate in a reading with the medium.

The Doctor Guide
The Doctor Guide, also referred to as the physician, is most prominent in a person’s life when they work as a healing professional, such as a doctor, nurse, veterinarian, or spiritual healer.
The average person may not find their physician guide to be as prominent as those people who work within the healing profession. But guiding assistance is still available to you when questions of health arise. Each of us has the ability to “feel” an area of our body that needs attention. Through meditation we can communicate with our doctor guide in order to receive information regarding what may be wrong with our body, what course of action to take when we develop a condition, and which physical doctor we need to see for the condition. The information you receive can vary from starting to exercise, to changing your diet, seek spiritual counseling, visiting an herbalist or seeking out a medical doctor.

The Chemist
Physical Phenomena was quite popular from the 1850 through the 1920’s as a means to prove the continuity of life and the ability to communicate with the spirit world. It was the chemist guide who adjusted the medium’s body to accommodate the physically exhausting channeling of spirit entities that were necessary to perform such phenomena as materialization of spirits and floating trumpets. Ectoplasm is necessary to produce the phenomena, and the chemist is the spirit who made the adjustment within the medium to produce it.
Our body chemistry has changed so much due to the medicines prescribed for us; I hear a lot of talk about how our bodies are not conducive as they once were for the channeling of spirit phenomena. The chemically preserved foods we eat, and the quality of our environment, as well as our own conditioning from outside influences has affected our abilities. Does this mean that no one has a Chemist Guide in his or her band? No! We all have chemist guides; they just work with us in other ways as we look at our medicines, food, the way we choose to live and health related issues in out lives. The more you make yourself aware of what is going on in your body and you make the choice to live in a clean & clear body, the more active your Chemist Guide becomes as he sees the work you are doing to preserve yourself in wanting to work with him. Anyone at anytime can start to develop their relationship with their Chemist Guide by changing the way your live and eat, and then meditating to open up the channel of communication. I recommend to my students to sit for at least two to four hours a day, if they are serious and want to work with their chemist.

The Teacher
One of the ways a Teacher Guide works with us, is to aid an individual in responding appropriately to their karmic challenges. This guide is also present during experiences meant to bring growth to an individual. The Teacher Guide can be of the most assistance when we are experiencing situations that appear to be unfair. If we meditate on the circumstances that brought about the situation that we feel is unjust, we may discover that we are experiencing a karmic balancing. In other words, we are experiencing the same thing we inflicted upon another individual previously. If we judged someone harshly, we are being judged. If we were involved in dishonest business practices, we might find ourselves on the other end of the stick, so to speak. What goes around comes around. These are valuable learning experiences, events given to us to advance our spiritual growth.

The Philosopher
The Philosopher may, also be referred to as the Doctor Guide. Most individuals will tell people the Philosopher’s purpose is to bring guidance in material matters, such as managing a business, selling your home, buying stock, organizing a budget and balancing your checkbook. This guide’s strongest influence can be readily seen in those individuals, who are logical, grounded people. I like to also refer to the Philosopher Guide as the one who works with the individuals who do public speaking, especially when fighting for a cause that benefits the children, animals, abuse in the world, and spiritual teachers.
The Philosopher works on a mental level and is instrumental in helping us understand our karmic lessons also. This spirit works hand-in-hand with the teacher guide to assist us in acquiring the attitudes and philosophies that are intended to lead us to our highest personal development. Through meditation, we are able to receive information from the Philosopher.
While walking through the isle in a bookstore, it isn’t unheard of - for the Philosopher to call attention to a particular book, which has fallen to the floor, and when you pick it up you find it to be just what you were looking for to help you in your higher development. Spirits choose such interesting ways to impress us with ideas, as they gives us signs and symbols as gifts that we find along our journey to enlightenment.

The Native/Protector
The American Indian seems to be the guide everyone is most familiar with and expects to receive when in a consultation with a medium. The country a person is born in, is their native country, and that is the nationality of their Native/Protector Guide. Since the American Indian is the true native of the United States, it is the Native American Indian that appears most often. This native guide is the one most referred to as the Protector Guide.
The North American Indians had a profound knowledge of what some people would call paranormal forces. They honor Mother Earth, Father Spirit, the four seasons, the four directions, and the four elements of the Earth. When they make their transition to the spirit side of life, they carry these qualities with them. From spirit, they are the native ruler of nature, and I find those who work with herbs have very strong influences from their Protector/Native Guide Many people feel the presence of their Protector/Native Guide sitting next to them in a car when they travel, and some tell stories about accidents being averted due to their Indian guides. Your Protector Guide is usually the first one to make a strong presence with you, as you are more comfortable with their protective nature spirit. My Protector Guide never leaves my side and always looks out for my best interest in my work, and when I lay down to go to sleep at night, I ask him to be at my side and watch over me as I sleep and dream, that no harm comes to me.

The Joy Guide
Children are impish and mischievous as a rule. The Joy Guide most often appears as a child, a small fairy like child and/or young maidenly adolescent. They can display behavior that would be described as mischievous. Your Joy Guide is the one who is responsible for bringing out the lighter side of our personalities. When things become missing, your Joy Guide is there to let you know to lighten it up Even though your Joy Guide appears to be childish in many ways, be respectful to them, for your Joy Guide is highly intelligent in all ways as with all of your guides. When mirth and merriment manifest within a group of people unexpectedly for no particular reason, it is frequently the presence of someone’s Joy Guide causing the frivolity and trying to get your attention. We could all certainly benefit from less stress by viewing some matters with a sense of humor.
Call upon your Joy Guide when your daily life becomes overwhelming, and you need to laugh out loud. Your Joy Guide will show you the humor in the situation. This Joy Guide is sometimes referred to as a medium’s “message bearer “and to help control the spirit crowd of an individual who is seeking a reading or channeling. Your Joy Guide my sometimes call you “Mommy” as she is of that child like energy, and wanting to make you happy and joyful.

The Master Teacher
This is a very special guide to me for all the work I have always done. The Master Teacher imparts to us spiritual wisdom and philosophy, frequently that of the Far East. They may appear as Asian, Hindu, a Buddhist monk, or someone representative of India. For a person studying a spiritual path, this guide is of great importance, and one that is either overlooked or one that someone will become fixated with as their one and only guide. And there are individuals who think if you do not know your Master Teacher then you don’t know your guides. Well, I am here to say that simply is not true. We work with and know our guides when we need to and as we work more and more with them we get to know them better. As you work in some capacity within the spiritual or metaphysical world, the guidance you receive from the Master Teacher will help you to acquire a more spiritual perception of life in general. People who are associated with a mission for humanity and animals, social activists or other humane causes certainly are strongly influenced by their Master Teachers in all they do.

Ascended Masters
Ascended Masters are highly evolved beings who have fulfilled their karma through many incarnations on the earth plane and have continued to evolve on the spirit side to become the enlightened beings that they are. Most see these Ascended Masters as high vibratory energy of light, and others see them as they would appear in the physical world from their many incarnations. They lovingly assist all of us spiritually, whether we are a spirit embodied within the human form or a spirit who has made the transition to the other side of life. All of us may call upon any of the universal Ascended Masters when we feel the need for their services. And as with our guides and teachers, each Ascended Master has their area in which they work with us. Some examples of Ascended Masters would be St. Germain - manifestation, Jesus- love, Kwan Yin- compassion, El Moray, Buddha, Serapis Bey and The Blessed Mother. As in all things, one can cultivate a relationship with the Universal Ascended Masters through prayers, meditations and petitions of assistance. When the Ascended Masters are around, you will feel their love, peace and comforting presence all around you.

Guardian Angels
Are Guardian Angels the same as a Spirit Guide or Teacher Guide? Well, Guardian Angels and Angels are spiritual beings who are very present in our lives and in a class all by themselves. What makes them angelic is that they have never incarnated on Mother Earth, unlike our Spirit Guides and teachers. Their affiliation is with the elemental kingdom, such as; nature spirits, gnomes, fairies, sylphs, water sprites, etc. The nature kingdom lives in a universal realm, parallel to ours, and they evolve in their realm, as we do in ours. Our personal Guardian Angel is with us from birth until we make our transition home, as is our Gatekeeper - once again not to be confused with each other. Our Guardian Angel has never had a physical incarnation, while our Gatekeeper, guides and teachers have had many a lifetime in physical form.

As in all things, the more we work to get to know our guides and teachers, the more you will recognize their energy, we have some guides and teachers that will be with us for a long period of time and some that will not. You have had and will have many guides and teachers in this physical lifetime here on Mother Earth as you travel on your spiritual journey.
It is not the most important thing to have names from your guides, teachers and angels as long as you recognize them, work with them and ask for their assistance and guidance in all that you need. They are just waiting to have you acknowledge them and they lovingly send their support willingly.
liz
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Post by liz on Sat 13 May 2017, 00:08

08 Feb 2008 11:30 pm

that was most imformative KK thanks.
I love reading about the angels.
liz
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Post by liz on Sat 13 May 2017, 00:09

18 Mar 2008 10:17 pm

just read your thread again,when mum was going in the ambulance
she asked me to say a prayer for her and I said I would pray to Raphael
couldn't remember where I heard him from but remembered he was for healing.
just seen it now IT WAS YOU WHO TOLD ME ABOUT HIM,
thanks again he answered our prayers.xxx
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 13 May 2017, 00:11

21 Mar 2008 11:59 am

Ah but even if you hadn't heard it here, Liz, there's every possibility that thought would have come to mind anyway.
The subconscious mind sometimes picks up, even unknowlingly, the advice that our guides are giving us.
How often do we have a feeling or a sense of knowing but can't remember from where that knowledge came, or perhaps a feeling of "always having known" something ...
The whisper, the niggling thought, the hunch, the attack of conscience ~ our spirit guides? or possibly even a vague memory of something we ourselves have already known before, a gentle reminder of our own spiritual existence and the real purpose of our earthly journey.
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Sat 13 May 2017, 00:13

21 Mar 2008 05:34 pm

I still have questions. I suppose that's just the kind of mind I have. The theme running through all spiritualism is very
morally orientated.We reincarnate to become better and to advance our souls along moralistic lines. The type of morality is
straight from Christianity and other moralistic faiths. In other words it is based on the religions of earth.This is something I'm not
very comfortable with. It became even more of a problem for me while reading "Destiny of Souls". Not only do we have this
code to adhere to but seemingly the same code of behaviour applies to the whole universe. Isn't this a bit much to take in and accept?
Then there is the question of animals. Why do they reincarnate?Can they improve morally too?I can't see how. If reincarnation is a fact,
it must be a fact of nature, a natural law. This would explain why animals do it as well as ourselves but it sure must leave out the morality issue. No????

VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Sat 13 May 2017, 00:14

22 Mar 2008 03:46 pm

Is nobody interested in agreeing/disagreeing with my doubts? OK, it looks as if there is a spirit
world as all mediums are not fakes but what about the nitty gritty details of it? There is so much there that
makes me wonder about their truth. I don't mean to offend anyone. I likely just need help with it all.

Here's an angel for you ---

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 13 May 2017, 00:15

22 Mar 2008 11:28 pm

AAARRGH!!!!!!!!! Had a great big long reply to this, was in full flow - and LOST IT ON SUBMISSION, got kicked out. grrrrr .... will have to reply tomorrow
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Sat 13 May 2017, 00:16

22 Mar 2008 11:55 pm

I'm looking forward to that, Candlelight. Night Night.xxx.

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 13 May 2017, 00:18

22 Mar 2008 11:59 pm

(DOUBLE GRRRRRR!!! Thrown out again after that, only just got back in now.)

LOL  lol lol Feather, you did make me laugh there

OKAY - if no-one wants to play with me - HERE!! Here's a flipping angel, go and play with that!  lol lol lol
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sat 13 May 2017, 00:19

24 Mar 2008 12:31 am

This is surely one of the questions where the answer may never be fully realised in our earthly lifetimes.
I think all forms of religions/belief systems are based on a universal common moralistic code, including the law of the land. The man-made rules and regulations may differ but all ultimately connect to the same universal theme. Everything that exists (as we know it) is governed by one universal pattern in which we are all connected in one form or another. The sun, moon, seas, the tides ... Animals also do have a certain moral code that they instinctively adhere to. The perfect formation of the migrating swans, the pecking orders, nesting, packing, herding instincts, guarding of territories and the young. There seems to be an unspoken rule that is followed in the animal kingdom regarding their respective territories and roles. When one of my cats catches a mouse the other will simply stand back and look on with much interest at the (sickening) teasing and tormenting that follows, "knowing" it's not their place to partake. Have you ever watched a colony of ants at work buildling up their mound, each with their own particular job to do, yet working as a team, they will travel considerable distances, returning carrying material sometimes 80 times their own weight, to contribute to their united aim. How do they "know"? What we call intuition?
The reproduction of flowers, plants - and the connection of the bees to their nourishment and existence? All around us is this cyclical, universal order at work.

spiritlinker
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Female

Post by spiritlinker on Sat 13 May 2017, 00:22

22 May 2008 05:40 pm

Thank you for such an informative post Candlelight. I had no idea there were so many different guides and angels.

maxine
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Female

Post by maxine on Sat 13 May 2017, 00:24

12 Mar 2010 01:51 am

Do you think we picked our guides in a previous lifetime?

Current date/time is Sat 18 Nov 2017, 15:58