Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

White Feathers

Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

White Feathers

Post by Misty on Fri 12 May 2017, 18:26

01 Mar 2008 11:07 pm

Last Tuesday was the anniversary of my friend's son's passing. He passed two years ago. On the first anniversary of his death her dog woke her up in the morning with a white feather in his mouth. On Tuesday when she woke up the first thing she saw was a white feather in her husband's hair, he was still asleep. She believes this is a sign from her son to tell her he's still around. They don't have feather pillows or duvets or anything else where a feather could be brought into their house like that. I have heard that white feathers at special times and in special places are messages from the angels.
Candlelight.kk

Female

Re: White Feathers

Post by Candlelight.kk on Fri 12 May 2017, 18:28

02 Mar 2008 11:42 am

I have a collection of white feathers that have appeared in specific places and at special times. I have saved them all in a special box.
One of them, though, I couldn't save. It came to rest right in front of me when I was dwelling on a specific person and question, and then it lifted itself up again and went way back up in a straight line, I watched it go higher and higher till it was out of view. There was not one hint of a breeze or wind that day.
Stardust
Gold Star Member
Gold Star Member

Female

Post by Stardust on Fri 12 May 2017, 18:29

03 Mar 2008 10:00 am

Absolutely.
They are Angel feathers.
That's what I wrote in the other thread before I saw this one.

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Fri 12 May 2017, 18:31

03 Mar 2008 10:16 am

Remember also that it takes a lot of energy for a spirit to be able to communicate with us, manifest in order that we can see the form, to form a material "voicebox" so that we can hear. They are on a different vibration to us, higher, faster, in order to summon up the energy to enter our slower vibrations. Something like a light feather will be nearer to that vibration. Imagine the energy it takes to knock down a photograph for instance to alert us to their presence, or to visibly show us that they are near in any way. These occurences are also facilitated by the expanding of our own energies enabling them to mix with ours. We do have our own part to play in raising our own consciousness to meet some way with them.

this is on wrong thread. I can't find now where I'm answering this - rushing off to work now, have to sort in lunch break. sorry
elly
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Post by elly on Fri 12 May 2017, 18:36

04 Mar 2008 12:16 am

one came to rest on my foot on the day of my mums funeral ,i picked it up and put it with the newspaper cutting of my mums death announcement,a lovely friend of mine took them from me and laminated them so i have them both to gether ,
i gave it to my dad who carries it everywhere with him .he belives in white feathers and saw it land on my foot too
lar-lar
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Post by lar-lar on Fri 12 May 2017, 18:37

04 Mar 2008 12:59 am

I was out walking the other day and thinking about a dog i had that had passed when i saw one lovely fluffy white feather by my feet.Is not unusual for me to find white feathers particularly when i need one,if you know what i mean. Smile
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Fri 12 May 2017, 18:39

25 Mar 2008 07:48 pm

Last night I watched the film 'Flatliners' on TV . Has anyone else seen this film? and was talking about it this morning to my friend at work as she hadn't seen it - I was saying that the film really brought home something that I believe in wholeheartedly - and that is that EVERY single thing we do or say or experience in this life MATTERS, and the karma that we collect for good or bad is essential to our spiritual progress. While I was speaking, my friend pulled out something that she saw caught in my hair - a white feather!!
lynneandjohn
Home away from home
Home away from home

Female

Post by lynneandjohn on Fri 12 May 2017, 18:41

25 Mar 2008 07:55 pm

candlelight, this is so lovely. i would love to recieve a feather but to know angels do send them to reassure us and i can read peoples accounts is good enough. you must have an angel so close by and looking over you. how wonderful. lynne
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Fri 12 May 2017, 18:43

25 Mar 2008 07:59 pm

The film was all about the question of whether there is an afterlife and what happens when we die.
lynneandjohn
Home away from home
Home away from home

Female

Post by lynneandjohn on Fri 12 May 2017, 18:45

25 Mar 2008 08:38 pm

do you recommend it candlelight. did it fit in well with your own perception of the afterlife. thanks lynne
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Fri 12 May 2017, 18:47

25 Mar 2008 09:36 pm

Not sure that I would specifically recommend the film.  Shocked   A group of medical students dangerously experimenting in things that they really shouldn't have been. I'm just glad that the film ended well ~ in that they each found out the answer to the question (about the afterlife) and they each learned their lesson in their own respective way as to how they lived their lives and how that would ultimately affect them when they passed over.
liz
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Post by liz on Fri 12 May 2017, 18:50

25 Mar 2008 09:46 pm

I remember seeing the film when it fist came out.
doesn't one student want to got further or longer
with the experiment,cant remember how it finished tho'
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Fri 12 May 2017, 18:51

25 Mar 2008 11:02 pm

Yes I've seen the film too. I found it disturbing, even frightening--but it doesn't take much to scare me.  lol Embarassed

Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Post by lar-lar on Fri 12 May 2017, 18:56

25 Mar 2008 11:42 pm

ooh,a long time ago i saw this film and its.. um different! I didnt particularly enjoy it myself.
lynneandjohn
Home away from home
Home away from home

Female

Post by lynneandjohn on Fri 12 May 2017, 18:57

09 Jun 2008 03:47 pm

this afternoon i was sat wondering how i'm going to get through my forthcoming holiday with my little boy,without his dad, my husband. it is our first holiday without him and the thought of doing it without him is overwhelming. anyway for the first time i asked my guardian angel to help me and give me strength. i thought no more about it and went out a couple of hours later and there infront of me floating on the air was a feather. i thought it was a piece of white paper at first then it struck me it may be a feather. i raced after it as it was moving away from me, it slowed down heading towards the ground,rolling gently. i asked it to stop in a clear voice as i was so exicted by now and afraid to lose it. amazingly it did just that immediately and i picked up the purest albeit it tiny white feather i have seen. Smile
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Fri 12 May 2017, 18:59

09 Jun 2008 04:36 pm

That must have been wonderful for you, Lynne. Maybe now you feel a little better about your holiday. Do you?

Home away from home
Home away from home

Female

Post by lynneandjohn on Fri 12 May 2017, 19:00

09 Jun 2008 07:11 pm

thanks feather. any sign we recieve is so comforting. it does give you strength but of course there are no miracle answers. grief can be a life long process as we have learnt and i know i will always grieve my loss. gordon actually told me this and i said how grateful i was as there is an unspoken pressure to having an ending to grief. holidays were magical for me and i will always be thankful for them. i have to keep making them magical for my son and i sure as heck will do my best. luv lynne
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Fri 12 May 2017, 19:03

09 Jun 2008 10:06 pm

How lovely, Lynne. Makes me feel warm all over to read this. You've been looking so long for your white feather, and how wonderful for this to happen at such a time and with such specific meaning for you. A sure sign that John will be there sharing that holiday with you and your son. And I feel sure there will be more reassuring signs on that holiday. Enjoy!
lynneandjohn
Home away from home
Home away from home

Female

Post by lynneandjohn on Fri 12 May 2017, 19:05

10 Jun 2008 01:32 pm

thanks candlelight. i sure will be looking out for them as they can be so subtle and easily missed.
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Fri 12 May 2017, 19:07

22 Jun 2008 03:35 pm

Hope you and your son had a fab holiday, Lynne. Tell us about it? razz

lynneandjohn
Home away from home
Home away from home

Female

Post by lynneandjohn on Fri 12 May 2017, 19:09

22 Jun 2008 05:33 pm

thanks candlelight. got back yesterday from jersey. what a beautiful place. i would recommend it to anyone. peaceful, amazing beaches, views to take your breathe away. temps in the 80's.great for this time of year.
found it hard emotionally but we had loads of fun and helped each other. great to see my son happy and smiling.
luv lynne
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Fri 12 May 2017, 19:10

22 Jun 2008 09:58 pm

Glad you both enjoyed it, Lynne. Sounds like it's done you both the world of good. xxx
One place I've never been to, but I hope to visit some day.
Stardust
Gold Star Member
Gold Star Member

Female

Post by Stardust on Fri 12 May 2017, 19:13

19 Aug 2008 05:15 pm

Isn't it strange when white downy feathers drift straight down in front of you, seemingly from nowhere?
They can pop up indoors too, always clean and white and fluffy.
Sometimes I see one floating gently past the window ...
Obviously lots of birds lose feathers when they preen and these wispy underfeathers are bound to be the ones borne away by the breeze or a draught, but even so, whenever I see one my heart lifts. :D

Current date/time is Sat 18 Nov 2017, 15:58