Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

My experience

Candlelight.kk

Female

My experience

Post by Candlelight.kk on Fri 12 May 2017, 16:54

12 Jan 2008 02:17 pm

Just over a year ago I found myself intensely taking stock of my life so far and asking myself the age-old questions "What's it all about?" "What is the meaning of life?" "Why am I/we here?" That night I woke up to find my mother's face right in front of mine, smiling at me (my mother died 20 years ago, as did my father). Initially pretty shaken up, I closed my eyes and opened them again to find her still there but standing beside the bed where I could now see her full form. I will quickly add here it was NOT a dream, & I made all the necessary confirmations, checked out the room, the clock, even physically pinching myself. Still there.

3 days later I found myself attending a medium for a reading, with the sole secret purpose of having them confirm this incident. I had absolutely no intention of giving anything away about myself or what had happened. He knew absolutely nothing about me and was a complete stranger to me. This medium first explained that he was clairaudient, i.e. he hears spirit but does not see. Straight into the session (wow!!) describing my mother (in her words) to an absolute 'T' - not only confirming that I had recently seen her, but SO very much more, apparently not coming up for air, so many minute and accurate details were given to me through this guy. I had the session recorded, but even before I sat down and turned on the recording tape, the medium's first words to me, before I had even sat down, were "Your mother is in spirit ... I know this because she has actually walked in the door with you and she's talking ten to the dozen".
My father also came through in this session (with my mum's help, apparently!) - the medium did say a bit later on that it took a while for my father to come to terms with passing over - he said that in this life he would not have believed in any of this, in his opinion it was all a load of blarney - (so very, very true!) - but that now he has a great understanding about it all, and that he had a wonderful surprise when he met up with all his family (my dad was the last but one of 9 siblings to pass over - and when my mother passed (20 years previous to all of this happening) he followed her 7 months later.)
The main gist of that reading and the apparent reason for my mother's visit, was to let me know that mediumistic skills run in the family way back on my mother's side and that now was the time for me to begin to develop and use this ability and that I would be helped and guided by both mother and father in every way. That years ago was not the right time; I had to go through and deal with many experiences in my life first before I being ready and able to do this work, and now I was ready.

I have since joined a development class where I've found that I do indeed have these abilities and am learning how to develop and channel them in a positive way. I have met so many like-minded people with similar experiences and now having discovered the realms of spiritualism I feel that I have truly "come home".
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Re: My experience

Post by Feather on Fri 12 May 2017, 16:56

01 Feb 2008 07:40 pm

This must give you great joy,Candlelight. A feeling of coming home,to me, conjures up a sense of safety, security, warmth and love.
Wonderful to have that. You have surely found what you were meant to do with your life. xxx.  Smile

Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Post by lar-lar on Fri 12 May 2017, 16:57

11 Feb 2008 01:20 am

You were very lucky to get a good reading like that,and even more so to have that lovely experience.

spiritlinker
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Female

Post by spiritlinker on Fri 12 May 2017, 16:59

22 May 2008 01:01 am

Candlelight wrote:
Just over a year ago I found myself intensely taking stock of my life so far and asking myself the age-old questions "What's it all about?" "What is the meaning of life?" "Why am I/we here?" That night I woke up to find my mother's face right in front of mine, smiling at me (my mother died 20 years ago, as did my father). Initially pretty shaken up, I closed my eyes and opened them again to find her still there but standing beside the bed where I could now see her full form. I will quickly add here it was NOT a dream, & I made all the necessary confirmations, checked out the room, the clock, even physically pinching myself. Still there.

3 days later I found myself attending a medium for a reading, with the sole secret purpose of having them confirm this incident. I had absolutely no intention of giving anything away about myself or what had happened. He knew absolutely nothing about me and was a complete stranger to me. This medium first explained that he was clairaudient, i.e. he hears spirit but does not see. Straight into the session (wow!!) describing my mother (in her words) to an absolute 'T' - not only confirming that I had recently seen her, but SO very much more, apparently not coming up for air, so many minute and accurate details were given to me through this guy. My father also came through in this session and the main gist of it all was to let me know that mediumistic skills run in the family way back on my mother's side and that now was the time for me to begin to develop and use this ability and that I would be helped and guided by both mother and father in every way. That years ago was not the right time; I had to go through and deal with many experiences in my life first before I being ready and able to do this work, and now I was ready.

I have since joined a development class where I've found that I do indeed have these abilities and am learning how to develop and channel them in a positive way. I have met so many like-minded people with similar experiences and now having discovered the realms of spiritualism I feel that I have truly "come home".

What a powerful experience Candlelight. I think I have seen the same medium who you saw, my hunch is that he is at the SAGB.

I saw Gordon Smith today, and he talked about Albert Best having seen his family in spirit materialise when he went to Africa, and how painful it was to see them go, and how Albert Best said he would not wish that on anyone. Did you have the same experience when your mother left the room?

Current date/time is Mon 25 Sep 2017, 01:42