Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

Old Posts?

Curious
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Old Posts?

Post by Curious on Wed 10 May 2017, 10:41 am

02 Nov 2015

I've read some interesting posts but noticed that some of them are very old.

Didn't know if I should resurrect them?
Candlelight.kk

Female

Re: Old Posts?

Post by Candlelight.kk on Wed 10 May 2017, 10:42 am

02 Nov 2015

Please feel free to "resurrect" whatever takes your fancy, Curious! Could be a nice trip down Memory Lane.
Curious
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Post by Curious on Wed 10 May 2017, 10:45 am

03 Nov 2015

Thanks, I'm still finding my way around here, I just looked again and can't find what I was looking for.
Stardust
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Stardust on Wed 10 May 2017, 10:46 am

04 Nov 2015

Curious that, I wonder where the posts are hiding. Did you try the Search option with a keyword?

A gentle whisper like the breeze sighing, so easy to miss, listen carefully...
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Wed 10 May 2017, 10:48 am

04 Nov 2015

Curious wrote:
Thanks, I'm still finding my way around here, I just looked again and can't find what I was looking for.

What is the subject matter of your search, Curious?

Some of the topics have multiple pages. (Check out the 'go to page 1,2,3...' links found in some posts, also found at the end of the topics list pages - directing to the older pages.)
Curious
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Post by Curious on Wed 10 May 2017, 10:50 am

21 Nov 2015

I check in here daily, but it's so quiet, I'm not sure I'd get any feedback on anything I said, so that's
why I hav'nt answered, sorry.
Stardust
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Stardust on Wed 10 May 2017, 10:51 am

21 Nov 2015

Sad, isn't it? I would post more often too if others did so. But it's a lovely place to just wander and read.  happyheart

Curious
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Post by Curious on Wed 10 May 2017, 10:52 am

21 Nov 2015

Well I've already read just about all the posts here, Nice to meet you Stardust.
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Wed 10 May 2017, 10:55 am

21 Nov 2015

Yes, this forum is a bit of a ghost town - though I would like to refer to it as more of a 'spirit town' .....
Spirit communication is not guaranteed of course, but it is possible and does happen. We can all help with that communication by keeping their memories alive and allowing ourselves to meet halfway, making it easier for the communication on both sides.

Communication of any kind always entails at least more than one communicator - be that earthly or any other sort.
We have the sender and the receiver - and sometimes the help of a mediator (or medium) is needed in between, even with our earthly communications!
Misty
Happy poster
Happy poster

Female

Post by Misty on Wed 10 May 2017, 10:58 am

22 Nov 2015

Curious wrote:
I check in here daily, but it's so quiet, I'm not sure I'd get any feedback on anything I said, so that's
why I hav'nt answered, sorry.

Well you don't know unless you try!

mac
Happy poster
Happy poster

Male
Job/hobbies : retired

Post by mac on Wed 10 May 2017, 10:59 am

23 Nov 2015

On several other websites where I'm a regular it's much the same as here - ghost towns all of 'em! What we need here and elsewhere are new members and new topics would be a bonus.

Regular contributors have probably already said everything they have to say about most spiritual issues and speaking for myself I'm not expecting to learn much that's new before I kick my clogs. What I can do, though, is reply to enquiries from new members and try to help them with their own spiritual search - but first they need to ask!
Misty
Happy poster
Happy poster

Female

Post by Misty on Wed 10 May 2017, 11:01 am

26 Nov 2015

What other websites do you use Mac?

I dont post very much here but i do read regularly. Theres a lot of interesting things to read here, I think I've read most of the things on here but sometimes I find something I haven't seen before and think how did I miss that. Some of the articles posted here from a long time ago, the information is still good today, it never really goes out of date. The only other website I am on now is Krazykats. I used to be a member on SL. Such a shame it closed down.
Curious
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Post by Curious on Wed 10 May 2017, 11:03 am

27 Nov 2015

On this Forum I can't access the Seance,Spirits & Spooks threads? They are the only ones I haven't read.
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Wed 10 May 2017, 11:06 am

27 Nov 2015

Curious wrote:On this Forum I can't access the Seance,Spirits & Spooks threads? They are the only ones I haven't read. question

Hi Curious, I don't know why that was. That section is not accessible for guests, but has been set so that all registered, logged-in members can access there. I have just double-checked - and yes, that setting still applies. However, on checking further it showed that indeed you were not able to gain access there! I don't know why that was - but anyhow I have rectified it (I think!) and you should now be able to access there. Please let me know if it doesn't work for you.
Also, if any other member here has found the same problem - please let me know here. (If I'm not aware the problem exists, I cannot rectify it.)
Curious
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Post by Curious on Wed 10 May 2017, 11:15 am

28 Nov 2015

Thanks Candlelight but it still doesn't work for me.

mac
Happy poster
Happy poster

Male

Post by mac on Wed 10 May 2017, 11:24 am

28 Nov 2015

Misty wrote:

I dont post very much here but i do read regularly. Theres a lot of interesting things to read here, I think I've read most of the things on here but sometimes I find something I haven't seen before and think how did I miss that. Some of the articles posted here from a long time ago, the information is still good today, it never really goes out of date. The only other website I am on now is Krazykats. I used to be a member on SL. Such a shame it closed down.

Spiritual Forum, AfterLifeForums, Physical Mediumship Forum, Spiritualists Chatroom, Spiritual Inspiration, Soul Development, SpiritualismLink, HealthyPages, Spiritual Forums

mac
Happy poster
Happy poster

Male

Post by mac on Wed 10 May 2017, 11:27 am

28 Nov 2015

Candlelight.kk wrote:

Curious wrote:
On this Forum I can't access the Seance,Spirits & Spooks threads? They are the only ones I haven't read.  scratch head

Hi Curious, I don't know why that was. That section is not accessible for guests, but has been set so that all registered, logged-in members can access there. I have just double-checked - and yes, that setting still applies. However, on checking further it showed that indeed you were not able to gain access there!  scratch head  I don't know why that was - but anyhow I have rectified it (I think!) and you should now be able to access there. Please let me know if it doesn't work for you.
Also, if any other member here has found the same problem - please let me know here. (If I'm not aware the problem exists, I cannot rectify it.)

I don't know where to find it - can you please post a link there?
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Wed 10 May 2017, 11:31 am

28 Nov 2015

Curious wrote:
Thanks Candlelight but it still doesn't work for me.

I have relocated the Séances, Spirits & Spooks forum now to a new section called "MEMBERS ONLY SECTION" (located on the Index Page just before the 'QUICK LINKS' section. Hopefully it will work for you now?

mac wrote:
I don't know where to find it - can you please post a link there?

Mac, please see my reply above.
Here is a link: seances-spirits-spooks-f100.html

mac
Happy poster
Happy poster

Male

Post by mac on Wed 10 May 2017, 11:33 am

28 Nov 2015

thanks - I hadn't earlier scanned down that column sufficiently far - oops
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Wed 10 May 2017, 11:37 am

29 Nov 2015

mac wrote:
thanks - I hadn't earlier scanned down that column sufficiently far - oops

Oops indeed, mac ...  schtum  
Now, if it had been our JD that had said that, I would be accusing him of not looking further than his nose...  obgob sidestep
Misty
Happy poster
Happy poster

Female

Post by Misty on Wed 10 May 2017, 11:43 am

30 Nov 2015

mac wrote:

Misty wrote:

Spiritual Forum, AfterLifeForums, Physical Mediumship Forum, Spiritualists Chatroom, Spiritual Inspiration, Soul Development, SpiritualismLink, HealthyPages, Spiritual Forums

That is some collection mac.  :D  I am familiar with 2 of them, Spiritual Inspiration and Spiritual Forums (I thought SF had closed down).
Do you mind to let me have a link to the other ones you mention? PM me if you prefer.
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Wed 10 May 2017, 11:46 am

Misty wrote:30 Nov 2015

mac wrote:

Misty wrote:

That is some collection mac.  :D  I am familiar with 2 of them, Spiritual Inspiration and Spiritual Forums (I thought SF had closed down).
Do you mind to let me have a link to the other ones you mention? PM me if you prefer.

Misty,
some of those are already included in LAL's Links Library on the Portal Page. The Links Library gives you a direct link to each website included in the list.

The ones that aren't are listed below:

• Spiritualists Chatroom
• Soul Development
• HealthyPages

Btw - Just checked out that HealthyPages forum. I like it. Thanks for mentioning it, mac.  thanks Lots of new reading for me to get my teeth into - and it makes easy reading too, as it's a lovely layout.  :D

mac
Happy poster
Happy poster

Male

Post by mac on Wed 10 May 2017, 11:51 am

01 Dec 2015

My pleasure and thanks for posting the links here...........
Curious
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Post by Curious on Wed 10 May 2017, 11:53 am

07 Dec 2015

I was going to register at Healthy Pages, 2 of the user names I use (not this one} were already taken.

It does look interesting though, I'll have to decide which user name I'll use, and which other forums to give up.
Stardust
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Stardust on Wed 10 May 2017, 11:55 am

11 Nov 2016

I've come across mac lots of times on other spiritual forums and yes, most of them don't have many new posts.

I took a look at that Healthy Pages and it is good, a lot of information provided by members about various ailments and how to treat them, with methods not necessarily suggested by a doctor and worth a try because they work for some people. Very interesting.

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 10:17 am