Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

2 posters

Krazy Kats forum

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Krazy Kats forum Empty Krazy Kats forum

Post by Candlelight.kk Tue 9 May 2017 - 21:01

30 Apr 2015

As reported in the Shoutbox, Krazy Kats forum is down at the moment. A number of other (Forumotion) forums have reported the same problem: A message reads '404 - Not Found'.
    The technicians are aware of the problem and working on it. Keep an eye on the Shoutbox for progress report. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Link to Shoutbox: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Krazy Kats forum Empty Re: Krazy Kats forum

Post by Candlelight.kk Tue 9 May 2017 - 21:02

30 Apr 2015

Strange - because it would seem that not all members of these reported '404 not found' forums are experiencing the problem.
    (Where there is a problem for one member, another member of same forum can use the forum with ease, or some guests might be able to see it, while others get the '404 not found' message.)

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] ... ror#955130

Looks to me as though it could well be narrowed down to a browser problem, or even an IP group problem, in that case.

If you are able to reach the forum through this link: [Only admins are allowed to see this link] , please let me know - either here on in the Shoutbox.

Likewise, if you see only the message '404 Not Found', it would help if you could please confirm this, as this would be of help to the technical support crew in pinpointing where the problem lies.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Tue 9 May 2017 - 21:04

30 Apr 2015

Aah! The forum is back up - for me now ...... BUT the Support Forum itself is showing that 404 message to me now! So I can't even look in there to see whether the others have been sorted or not. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Tue 9 May 2017 - 21:07

01 May 2015

I would offer my findings but when I tried to log in yesterday evening, and again this morning (using the login details you sent me last October) I received the same response "You have specified an incorrect or inactive username, or an invalid password."
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Tue 9 May 2017 - 21:09

01 May 2015

mac,
    I'm not quite sure as to what you refer re 'log-in'. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

The question here was whether or not the Krazy Kats forum appears online when you click the link [Only admins are allowed to see this link] - or whether you get (as a lot of the Forumotion-hosted forums were showing at the time) a blank page with a message saying '404 Not Found'.
    ( as per the link here: [Only admins are allowed to see this link] )

The issue has been solved for me now, but apparently not for everyone (see above link). The query is still an ongoing thread on the Forumotion Support Forum.

With regard to your 'log-in' problem above (which is a different issue altogether) - it looks to me as though you may be trying to log in somewhere where you have not initially registered as a member! That's the only reason I can think you would be getting such a message.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Tue 9 May 2017 - 21:18

01 May 2015

Candlelight.kk wrote:
    mac,
    I'm not quite sure as to what you refer re 'log-in'.   :?    

The question here was whether or not the Krazy Kats forum appears online when you click the link [Only admins are allowed to see this link]  - or whether you get (as a lot of the Forumotion-hosted forums were showing at the time) a blank page with a message saying '404 Not Found'.
    ( as per the link here:  http://help.forumotion.com/t140482-only-topic-404-error#955130  )

The issue has been solved for me now, but apparently not for everyone (see above link).  The query is still an ongoing thread on the Forumotion Support Forum.

With regard to your 'log-in' problem above (which is a different issue altogether) - it looks to me as though you may be trying to log in somewhere where you have not initially registered as a member!  That's the only reason I can think you would be getting such a message.

I'm gettin' senile!  It was my Shoutbox login I was trying to use when following the link you posted - I hadn't properly understood your earlier message.  Gettin' old sucks!  duh
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Tue 9 May 2017 - 21:21

01 May2015

mac wrote:I'm gettin' senile!  It was my Shoutbox login I was trying to use when following the link you posted - I hadn't properly understood your earlier message.  Gettin' old sucks!  duh

gigle 

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

To be fair, mac, I may well have contributed to your confusion ....  (Not purposely innocent ) ....

The login with password is no longer required for the Shoutbox.  That was a temporary restriction put in force when we were getting lots of "naughty" posts in there from 'guest' imposter signing their name to some rather questionable posts as one or other of the regular posters there.

The Shoutbox is well monitored and so that procedure is not really needed now - although if the situation happens again, it can always be used temporarily again for that purpose.

(The Shoutbox serves both forums - Light After Life and Krazy Kats)
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Tue 9 May 2017 - 21:23

01 May 2015

thanks and thanks for your understanding.... I love the image!
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Tue 9 May 2017 - 21:26

02 May 2015

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]- This issue has now been resolved for everyone concerned.

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 15:17